PDA

View Full Version : i stick the key in, and it wont turn.

civicracer1128
10-19-2003, 09:12 PM
well its happened 3-4 times. i put it in and turn it but it wont turn. like i put in the wrong key or something. i dont get it. i mess around with it for a min or 2 and it turns. what could cause this?????? bad key?????????chip in the key????????

Brettnyt
10-19-2003, 09:15 PM
Hmmm... That is strange... Maybe it isnt an exact match to your ignition?

IownAmaxima
10-19-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by civicracer1128
well its happened 3-4 times. i put it in and turn it but it wont turn. like i put in the wrong key or something. i dont get it. i mess around with it for a min or 2 and it turns. what could cause this?????? bad key?????????chip in the key???????? make sure your steering wheel isn't turned against the lock... when it happens again, turn the wheel and try the key again.

Black 02 SI
10-19-2003, 09:22 PM
I've had this happen to me a few times as well. It's an easy fix, next time it happens try and turn the steering wheel a little. If the wheel gets locked it locks the ignition, just have to take the pressure off the column. Hopes this works for ya.

Black 02 SI
10-19-2003, 09:23 PM
hah, we posted within a minute of each other, I was like where did this post come from, lol

oldschoolimport
10-19-2003, 09:28 PM
I thought you were using code and you were married and your wife was uninterested in you, GUESS THATS JUST AT MY HOUSE:D

bobdobbs
10-19-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by oldschoolimport
I thought you were using code and you were married and your wife was uninterested in you, GUESS THATS JUST AT MY HOUSE:D
So, if you divorce your wife, are you still brother and sister?

[sorry, bad Alabama joke]

:D :D :D

[I'm adding smilies because oldschool is a big f-er]

oldschoolimport
10-19-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
So, if you divorce your wife, are you still brother and sister?

[sorry, bad Alabama joke]

:D :D :D

[I'm adding smilies because oldschool is a big f-er]

actually I had to marry outside the family coz my sister was already taken. :D
and NO, not by dad either.:D

87gn
10-19-2003, 09:45 PM
my gn does something sorta like that, is this a "wal*mart" key? some times cheap keys will have sharp edges on them that will catch like that and adventually wear out the ignition. on my gn the ONLY thing from time to time that will get the key out is if i restart it and pull while i cut it off really hard and fast.

the only reasion i dont get a good key made for it is because i want to wear out the ignition so i can put me in a smooth stearing colum and have me a switch pannel and push button ignition inside my center console, i just need a reasion.

IownAmaxima
10-19-2003, 09:46 PM
actually I had to marry outside the family coz my sister was already taken. :D
and NO, not by dad either.:D ahh, the good old "uncle brother" kind of family...

"I'd like you to meet my mother and my aunt"
"uhh, there's only one woman standing there?!?!"

skooba
10-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by IownAmaxima
ahh, the good old "uncle brother" kind of family...

these kind of families have family trees that resemble a trunk, with no branches, just a verticle line.

oldschoolimport
10-19-2003, 10:01 PM
I like my family BUSH thank you very much:D

bobdobbs
10-19-2003, 10:10 PM
Jeez, look what I started. Sorry, man.

oldschoolimport
10-19-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Jeez, look what I started. Sorry, man.
its all good man. I am not your stereotypical southerner. I laugh at these mofos all the time too. why do you think I haven't moved. I want to be a comedian and this place is full of good material! :D

IownAmaxima
10-19-2003, 10:35 PM
its all good man. I am not your stereotypical southerner. I laugh at these mofos all the time too. why do you think I haven't moved. I want to be a comedian and this place is full of good material! :D my family is from northern maine... same issues... I have a cousin who was asked "why do you stay with your girlfriend if you dislike her so much?" and he said "because it's too hard to find someone around here I'm not related to!"

northern maine is so far north it wraps right back around to west virginia!

SiR Medic
10-20-2003, 06:24 AM
northern maine is so far north it wraps right back around to west virginia!

So where does that put Nova Scotia?

(Slightly North-East of Maine)

IownAmaxima
10-20-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
So where does that put Nova Scotia?

(Slightly North-East of Maine) up there we don't pick on canada... without them our wood wouldn't get cut!

civicracer1128
10-20-2003, 07:29 AM
up there we don't pick on canada... without them our wood wouldn't get cut!

hey, what part are you from????? i was born in Milo maine. i doubt youve heard of it. we're about an hour outside bangor. basically right at the end of the apalachian(spelling probibly) trail. anyway, i moved to md.

and back to my origional question....it is the origional key from the dealer and i did play with the wheel a little bit to fix it a couple times. ive had a steering wheel lock on me in my gf's accord. its a 97. but it never happened more than once in a year. anyway, i guess ill live with it.

IownAmaxima
10-20-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by civicracer1128
hey, what part are you from????? i was born in Milo maine. i doubt youve heard of it. we're about an hour outside bangor. basically right at the end of the apalachian(spelling probibly) trail. anyway, i moved to md.

and back to my origional question....it is the origional key from the dealer and i did play with the wheel a little bit to fix it... I know exactly where milo is... most of my family is in greenville/rockwood/jackman (and surrounding townships) but a lot have moved out/away. My family is huge (it's a 'maine' thing... I have 240 first cousins, if that give you any idea of the size of my familiy) so I've pretty much covered the state visiting them.

Some cars are more sensitive to having the key pinched in the steering lock than others. By chance, you're not in the habit of turning the wheel AFTER you turn off the car, are you? If so, don't do that.

TheMutt
10-20-2003, 04:36 PM
Hate to be the one to interrupt your lil convo :D

Guess I missed this thread for a while, but my car did the exact same thing. I would stick the key in and either it wouldn't turn sometimes or would hesitate to turn. I don't really know why, but it would bug the shit outta me. It got to the point that I was always scared I'd be far from home and it would finally just quit working all together. And it wasn't the whole steering wheel thing for me, I know about that and it's different. I finally just got my spare key and started using it instead, problem fixed. Krazy.