PDA

View Full Version : Got an email from Tein about their S-Tech Springs. They were never made for the Si

02SilverSiHB
10-20-2003, 05:21 AM
I know a few probably bought these springs thinking it's okay for the si, but tein emailed me back saying they never met for the springs to be for the new si. The are currently working on making some for the si.
So in short...if I had them, get rid of them. Just my .02
I'm installing my progress tomorrow. And selling the Teins

JapanExpress
10-20-2003, 05:44 AM
This is exactly why I never bought them. People knew the whole time they were made for coupes/sedans...they just took the cheap way out.

Vivid-Cruz
10-20-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I know a few probably bought these springs thinking it's okay for the si, but tein emailed me back saying they never met for the springs to be for the new si. The are currently working on making some for the si.
So in short...if I had them, get rid of them. Just my .02
I'm installing my progress tomorrow. And selling the Teins

I think 90% of the people that bought them already knew that and decided to go with them because they have a soft, oem style ride...

JapanExpress
10-20-2003, 12:05 PM
very soft, but not OEM...the spring rates are not the same

JapanExpress
10-20-2003, 12:09 PM
From the sticky on spring rates:

Stock: 248 front 440 rear

Tein S Tec: 157 front 291 rear

TezGari
10-20-2003, 12:53 PM
I actually didnt really know they where made for our cars, until i found out after the install...I was kinda mad, but the ride quality is nice...Has nice feel riding and performance wise...Nice buy, but i bet that when TEIN makes the Si Springs they will be better..For now i gotta stick with these...(they still clank a little when i turn the wheel:( )...
Thanks for the info, i bet when they come out with tein ones their gona be pretty cheap too around 150-200?

Civicvtec1ps
10-20-2003, 01:14 PM
i knew what i was doing and ordered tein s tech springs. and yes springs are made for em2. very soft. perfect drop. good for daily drive. no regret, if you are planning to autox then dont get it. and i didnt cheap out

Makross
10-20-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by JapanExpress
This is exactly why I never bought them. People knew the whole time they were made for coupes/sedans...they just took the cheap way out.

i didnt take the cheap way out i had a chance to get these or progress and i chose tein just because...no regrets

jaydub
10-20-2003, 02:21 PM
I don't regret my teins at all. They may be softer than stock, but eh whatever, I'm happy with them. I know they aren't made for the EP, but there can't be so much weight difference between the two that it makes such a huge difference.

Nonetheless, even though these aren't made for EP's, I'll stick with them until I can afford to swap into something different, or I can afford to get some coilovers. Either way, I'm content for the time being.

02SilverSiHB
10-20-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
I don't regret my teins at all. They may be softer than stock, but eh whatever, I'm happy with them. I know they aren't made for the EP, but there can't be so much weight difference between the two that it makes such a huge difference.
it's not the weight difference...it's the spring rate difference. They are 91 lbs of spring rate less in the front than stock and 149 lbs of spring rate less than stock in the rear. That to me is crazy. There's no performance value at all. I've had a lot of different springs and these springs are a joke for the ep if someone is looking for performance. But if someone doesn't care and wants a slammed ride...then these are it. I'm not trying to down anyone, but letting those know who are into it for performance.

civicep3
10-20-2003, 03:31 PM
lucky I didn't buy mine for performance I like the ride though and if I had to do it again I would buy them again

BlackSi613nin
10-20-2003, 11:04 PM
when are they coming oout? the ep3 specific s techs

jaydub
10-21-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
it's not the weight difference...it's the spring rate difference. They are 91 lbs of spring rate less in the front than stock and 149 lbs of spring rate less than stock in the rear. That to me is crazy. There's no performance value at all. I've had a lot of different springs and these springs are a joke for the ep if someone is looking for performance. But if someone doesn't care and wants a slammed ride...then these are it. I'm not trying to down anyone, but letting those know who are into it for performance.

While I agree with you that the spring rate is the difference, my point is that Tein will probably set a similar spring rate for the EP specific ones. It seems like with the S-Techs, tein wanted a really soft ride, because their other setups are notorious for being pretty stiff. I think this was their way of getting into the "just springs" market. Personally I'll be saving for some progress springs myself, because while the ride with the teins is nice, it's a little too soft for me, because i'm always lugging shit around.

02SilverSiHB
10-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
While I agree with you that the spring rate is the difference, my point is that Tein will probably set a similar spring rate for the EP specific ones. It seems like with the S-Techs, tein wanted a really soft ride, because their other setups are notorious for being pretty stiff. I think this was their way of getting into the "just springs" market. Personally I'll be saving for some progress springs myself, because while the ride with the teins is nice, it's a little too soft for me, because i'm always lugging shit around.
true, I see where you're coming from

MasterVTEC
10-21-2003, 09:40 AM
what if you bought the SS TEIN DAMPERS? those are made for the 03 SI right??

there around 1699.00 for all four, I'm saving my money so i could get them!!!

you could adjust them to stiff or soft, and you could hook up this thing called emfg or some shit like that, and adjust them from inside of your car and even while driving. i want to get that whole set up so when i run up on a car and need launch set up, its just a press of a button away!!! tight huh! then when you get on the freeway just make them soft so you dont get a ruff ride

you could preset them to stock too so if you just want stock set up just push 1 button and they will all go back to normal

IceD out N CALI
10-21-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
i knew what i was doing and ordered tein s tech springs. and yes springs are made for em2. very soft. perfect drop. good for daily drive. no regret, if you are planning to autox then dont get it. and i didnt cheap out

is your ride bouncy?

jaydub
10-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
is your ride bouncy?

Not at all, it's very comfortable.

Civicvtec1ps
10-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
is your ride bouncy?
no

IceD out N CALI
10-21-2003, 01:22 PM
cool:cool:

staticflo
10-21-2003, 08:04 PM
I have teins and knew before i got them they werent made for the ep but they were cheap, and now i regret it. But im in college and paying for myself to go to college and had to pay $150 bucks to have them installed which means it would probably cost me another $150 to have them swapped with another spring and the cost of different springs. Damn this sucks....

I might just save for Tein basics, can you get a slammed look with basic? And is it harmful to your suspension in any way if you have basic and ride around with it slammed?

02SilverSiHB
10-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by staticflo
I have teins and knew before i got them they werent made for the ep but they were cheap, and now i regret it. But im in college and paying for myself to go to college and had to pay $150 bucks to have them installed which means it would probably cost me another $150 to have them swapped with another spring and the cost of different springs. Damn this sucks....

I might just save for Tein basics, can you get a slammed look with basic? And is it harmful to your suspension in any way if you have basic and ride around with it slammed?
I'm sure it will be bad for them if you are slammed all the time. Any shocks will go out eventually from being slammed. But since they are aftermarket, they will last longer than stock :)