PDA

View Full Version : Haters are all weird . Took stock 93' SI to track...

Rey
10-20-2003, 04:23 PM
Well, I don't know where everyone gets off making fun of our cars. I think in stock trim that they are pretty good. I mean comeon, some people hit 15.8's stock.

If you ask me, none of the honda's in america where "fast as hell" stock. And what really caught my curiosity was what does the EG hatch SI run?

Well, I found that someone in some little town south of Phoenix AZ was selling a stock ass 1993 civic si. It was clean as hell!!!

The interior was amazing and exterior had no dents what so ever. The only damage was the sun damage to the paint. This thing had the coldest A/C and was pretty quick. And man when I heard that VTEC, I just got chills......

Anyways, the same day I bought it on 10/18, I took it to Firebird raceway. It ran a freaking 16.8!!!!! All 4 times and it was cold outside with almost no humidity. Perfect conditions, like 75 degrees outside.

I mean WTF!!! Where do those guys get off making fun of our cars. The only way those punks can beat us is with a lot of mods or a swap. I saw an B18A swapped EG run a 15.1 all night there. And it was gutted to hell. I say to hell with them. Our cars rock, and will rock more with our own mods.:D :D

Anyone have any idea what the 2000 SI's run? I thought I seen 15.7-15.9 before. And I mean stock stock stock with AC and spare tire and stuff.

danoonez
10-20-2003, 05:02 PM
Lucky son of a bitch finding a clean Eg Si. I wish I could have two Si's, especially a nice old Eg. Actually my goal is to one day own every generation of Si...especially a CRX-but not prelude or del sol. So yeah-congratulations on the awesome find.

jaydub
10-20-2003, 05:05 PM
You could hear VTEC in a SOHC VTEC motor? I had a 95 EX coupe (same engine as said EG Si) and it sounded like a whine, not like a growl. Growl comes standard with B series motors.

Brettnyt
10-20-2003, 05:10 PM
Woah, good to hear... And ours isnt a great dragger anyways... Pretty sweet tho! I have had my straigh line battles that I have won... 328i, 2.5 RS, etc. But where our car can really shine is in the corners... I am stock and stayed with an older model M3 on some corners, also hung with a mazdaspeed protege and my friend says that my car can grip and handle much better than his 02 2.5 RS... not bad eh? still on stock rubber too....

Rey
10-20-2003, 05:58 PM
Yah, I was like "holy shit" when I saw it in the auto trader magazine. She wanted 5000 for it, and she showed me why, she did a KBB report. But she said excellent condition on hers. I did the same thing and put good and it said 3,000. I talked her to 3500, which is a little much, but for a rarity like this it was worth it.

Brettnyt
10-20-2003, 06:09 PM
Pics??? :D

Rey
10-20-2003, 06:12 PM
Ugh, I have to drive 55 miles to Casa Grande AZ to get the charger for my camera. I left it there when I went to pick the car up. Well, tomorrow will be the day I will get them and Wed I will post my 2 SI's.

Brettnyt
10-20-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Rey
Ugh, I have to drive 55 miles to Casa Grande AZ to get the charger for my camera. I left it there when I went to pick the car up. Well, tomorrow will be the day I will get them and Wed I will post my 2 SI's.

Ouch man, that sucks!

SmoothOperator
10-20-2003, 06:33 PM
I sold my 93 Si Hatch to buy my EP.

Rey
10-20-2003, 06:37 PM
Really? What color? I heard the SI only came in Milano Red, black and Emerald Green. Was the emerald green the teal color?

When I re-paint mine, I was thinking black, but the red oh looks so good.:D

SmoothOperator
10-20-2003, 06:42 PM
Mine was the Teal colour. I'd show you pics, but something happenned to all my pictures in yahoo. Bastards.

Brettnyt
10-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Yeah teal! What kinda mods did you have?

SmoothOperator
10-20-2003, 06:59 PM
Here's one of the few pics I've got online of it now. Sorry about the size. I sold it to a friend of mine, so I still see it all the time.
To be honest, it was a little riced out :smilem:
HondaSport CF intake
Vibrant Catback exhaust
16" TSW Trophies, Toyo Proxes
APEX springs
Clear Tails, and corners
And a bunch of stupid shit not worth mentioning (shift knob, etc)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/tyler1975/images/OldhatchNewHatch.jpg

Stupid yahoo. I had great pics of my ex bent over the hood. lol

Brettnyt
10-20-2003, 07:03 PM
Oh yeah! I have seen pics of that thing before... Damn, seems so frickin small compared to the EP...

Rey
10-20-2003, 07:06 PM
:confused:
That would have been awsome. Yah, it was riced cuz of those rims. Chrome don't look good with that car.

I can't wait to start putting things on this car.
First thing I am doing is getting rid of the grandma style steering wheel. I wish I could get an SI wheel in here. I love our wheel.

SmoothOperator
10-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Chrome don't look good with that car.
They weren't chrome, just silver. I suppose that glare kinda makes em look chrome though. Just the way the pic was taken.

Rey
10-20-2003, 07:50 PM
Anyone know anybody selling their stock shift knob or their steering wheel off their SI?

chubbychu
10-20-2003, 08:05 PM
im more of an EK fan

TrippZ
10-20-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
im more of an EK fan

Originally posted by Brettnyt
Woah, good to hear... And ours isnt a great dragger anyways... Pretty sweet tho! I have had my straigh line battles that I have won... 328i, 2.5 RS, etc. But where our car can really shine is in the corners... I am stock and stayed with an older model M3 on some corners, also hung with a mazdaspeed protege and my friend says that my car can grip and handle much better than his 02 2.5 RS... not bad eh? still on stock rubber too....

Mwing
10-21-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I sold my 93 Si Hatch to buy my EP.

Same here, I still miss my 93 Si

02NJHondaep3
10-21-2003, 07:39 PM
My friend has 3 egs. I want 3 too. Red,white and sexy blue. If i had the money I would give them all jdm itr front end conversions. The Red would have a gsr turbo. The white and blue would have type R engines. One all motor and the other one possibly a low boost turbo. I used to hate hondas until i got an ep3. I'm waiting for our cars to become classics.

Rey
10-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Holy crap that blue EG is clean as hell. I want my beater to look like that when I finish. It will took me about a year to finish my project. Right after I get tint and rims, my EP will be finish so I can focus on my EG.

Mwing
10-22-2003, 02:55 AM
Thanks, yea it was nice to drive a EG, but it became downpayment for my EP car loan....

I still think it is still the best looking Civic of all time.

Here is the back side

danoonez
10-22-2003, 11:34 AM
word-eg is best civic made (Type R's not withstanding)...I wanted an old Eg but the rentals bought my an Ep:'( ...:D

IchBinEinSiR
10-27-2003, 09:06 PM
... I am stock and stayed with an older model M3 on some corners, also hung with a mazdaspeed protege and my friend says that my car can grip and handle much better than his 02 2.5 RS... not bad eh? still on stock rubber too....

It really depends on the driver... I have track driven with some friends my SiR, a Mazdaspeed Protege, and a 2.5RS. The two other cars consistently beat me by 1-3 seconds a lap, however when I drove their cars I could beat the SiR by more than 6 seconds a lap!! By far the best handling car of the three was the Mazdaspeed, the most fun to drive sideways the RS, and the best feeling and most fun to drive overall the SiR...

Rey
10-27-2003, 09:10 PM
I can't find an EG type-r any where? Was there a type-R???

Also, is there a solution to the slipery floor in the SI? The car has factory floor mats right now, and I am really thinking about putting 03 SI floor mats in it so they won't bunch up under my pedals.

Brettnyt
10-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR
It really depends on the driver... I have track driven with some friends my SiR, a Mazdaspeed Protege, and a 2.5RS. The two other cars consistently beat me by 1-3 seconds a lap, however when I drove their cars I could beat the SiR by more than 6 seconds a lap!! By far the best handling car of the three was the Mazdaspeed, the most fun to drive sideways the RS, and the best feeling and most fun to drive overall the SiR...

Sweet... so that means that i am a better driver than them? :D yay....

SmoothOperator
10-28-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Rey
I can't find an EG type-r any where? Was there a type-R???

Also, is there a solution to the slipery floor in the SI? The car has factory floor mats right now, and I am really thinking about putting 03 SI floor mats in it so they won't bunch up under my pedals.
There was no EG type R. And as for the slippery floor....
You've got me man. Are you sure those are factory mats in there? Cause I never had that problem. As a matter of fact, the factory mat should have little anchors, like the EP's drivers mat.

Rey
10-28-2003, 02:26 PM
I am positive. The floor has a "leather?" section in the middle and it looks like the previous owner armorall'ed the crap out of them. Sometimes my foot slips on the gas pedal and the car starts jerking back and forth like if it was stalling or something. I have to take it out of gear and start over when that happens.

danoonez
10-28-2003, 03:02 PM
If you two are flaming me cause you think I said there was an Eg Type R you got me completely wrong...i said Eg's were the best civics Type R notwithstanding--meaning if you take away Civic Type R's, the eg was the best looking civic ever made--in other words, the Eg hatch is the best looking civic American has ever seen. (in my opinion)

SmoothOperator
10-28-2003, 03:55 PM
If you two are flaming me cause you think I said there was an Eg Type R you got me completely wrong
No flaming here. I don't think either of us bashed you in any way. Sensitive?

RadiationVictim
10-28-2003, 04:11 PM

On stock rubber you aren't gonna hang with jack in the corners. I have an autocross car with an autocross suspension and autocross tires and a stock m3 would tear me a new one.

The EP ain't a bad car, but an m3 killer in the twisties it is NOT.

VividDreams
10-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Rey
it was cold outside with almost no humidity........ like 75 degrees outside.

VividDreams
10-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Rey
it was cold outside with almost no humidity........ like 75 degrees outside.

thats funny, its weird to hear that, hahahahaha

sorry for the repost