PDA

View Full Version : Type R exhaust...

FiZZ-EP3
09-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Does anyone knows if there's any difference between the Type R exhaust and the Si exhaust? If so, does the Type R make more HP and torque? From some pics, they both look the same, but from some other pics, it looks like the Type R exhaust is a little different. If anyone could clarify this up for me, that would be great. Thanks

2k2civicSi
09-09-2002, 09:05 PM
im 99.5% sure there the exact same thing

02SilverSiHB
09-10-2002, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by FiZZ-EP3
Does anyone knows if there's any difference between the Type R exhaust and the Si exhaust? If so, does the Type R make more HP and torque? From some pics, they both look the same, but from some other pics, it looks like the Type R exhaust is a little different. If anyone could clarify this up for me, that would be great. Thanks
yeah, it looks like the muffler is slightly different, but that's probably it.

brian g
09-10-2002, 06:05 AM
Where the piping connects to the cat is different. The flange on the type R cat starts to turn off to the side and is further back due the the longer secondaries of the type R exhaust.

brian g

JSIR
09-11-2002, 06:52 AM
the Civic Type R exhaust is still pretty small, the mid-pipe is 45mm (1,75" approx.), our stock mid-pipe is 42mm. I think the midpipe is similar to the one on the RSX-S. The muffler is the same as ours but for some reason it has 45mm piping on it, whereas ours are 50mm piping. That's about the only difference I know, I think they use the same cat as the RSX-S as it is basically the same engine.