PDA

View Full Version : Type R rear wing...

FiZZ-EP3
09-09-2002, 09:03 PM
I'm thinking of getting the Type R wing, but I heard you have to drill holes through the rear glass for it to fit right. Is this true? If so, what exactly needs to be done, and is it just for the brake light, or does the wing actually have to be bolted in a different spot than the Si wing? Thanks

FiZZ-EP3
09-13-2002, 03:07 PM
Anyone have any idea whether it fits or not? If not, what needs to be done for it to fit...widen it, shorten it etc? ANY MAJOR WORK NEEDED FOR IT TO FIT??? I need help on this ASAP!! Thanks

SubliminalSi
09-13-2002, 05:52 PM
i dont really know about that but i asked a guy at jotech and he says it goes on without modifacation. But i havent had it done so i dunno. Are you going for a factory one or replica?

FiZZ-EP3
09-13-2002, 06:08 PM
i'm going for the genuine Honda Type R wing. if nothing needs to be done or even nothing big needs to be done, i'm gonna consider it, but i just need to make sure first.

dustinhurley
09-16-2002, 08:30 PM
I'm waiting for the Honda wing myself.

wu343
09-18-2002, 11:36 AM
Do not get the Type R wing from Procarparts. I just got mine in today and in order to mount it to the car you will have to drill two holes in your glass. I even called before I ordered it to see if this had to be done and Procarparts told me to just paint it and bolt it on. They lied.

The only way that I can think of to get this wing on is to find the glass or rear hatch off of a Type R. Does anyone know were to get one?

wu343
09-18-2002, 11:50 AM
OK, Now I just called Procarparts and they said that I would have to pay a 20% restocking fee to return the part that does not fit or I could try to mount it on, then take some photos of it, then circle were it does not fit, then write an explanation on why it does not fit, then send it in and wait for a response. Bullshit

FiZZ-EP3
09-18-2002, 06:31 PM
damn, that shit sucks! i wound up ordering another wing instead of the Type R wing...hopefully it'll fit. Also, why can't you drill holes in the Type R wing where the stock wing's holes are and bolt it on? Is the Type R wing too short, long or is the length the right size?

xlr8
09-18-2002, 07:10 PM
there is someone on the board with a type r wing, i think it was erebuni. he said that he ground off the two bolts that were a problem and bolted it on. just a suggestion

wu343
09-19-2002, 08:21 AM
I would do that but I would have to cut down about a 1/2 inch or so and I don't know how deep I can go without opening up the middle. Is it hollow in the middle of the wing?

FiZZ-EP3
09-20-2002, 06:59 PM
I say just bring it in to a GOOD body shop...they should have no trouble putting it on. what i want to know is if the length of the wing is right, or is the wing too short or long for the rear window?

iHeartOxycotin
10-04-2002, 09:34 AM
how's it going w/ this thread!? ....i just noticed you can go to optauto.com andget the JDM Type-R Wing, and they claim their's is adirect bolt on, i'm planning on getting this if its true... is the price way out of control, its like 800.00 or 850.00 !?! :eek:

SmoothOperator
10-04-2002, 09:54 AM
Why not just do what Type X did? He ordered a Type R replica wing off ebay for like $100. It's already painted and everything. Looks damn good. He said the quality's there too.
HERE (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3086) is the thread from when he first got it.

And HERE (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3217) is the thread with it painted on his car.

GP Si
10-08-2002, 01:59 PM
I have the wing and yes for it to look perfect you must drill holes through the glass if you look on the inside of your hatch it shows where the hole should be i didn't drill through my glass the hell with that and mine looks great