PDA

View Full Version : My EP is back in my hands

Zero Three Si
10-21-2003, 06:42 AM
Man I tell ya....I missed my car so much.

Story is...I took on a part time job in addition to my full time job.
The part time job was 30 miles from my house one way. I know that is a long way for a part time job...but the money was hard to pass up.

My g/f has 2000 Beetle. It's leased and is up in June of 2004. She's had 40k on it and can have up to 60k by June. So I drove her car for about the past month.

Wow did I miss my EP! I don't know how some of you can actually sell/trade her.

RiceCzechs
10-21-2003, 07:21 AM
Sounds like a good arrangement for you, though glad you've got your baby back. My ex had a New Beetle, and it got old driving it quickly(wasn't the 1.8T or anything). That, and I just couldn't get used to the roofline... the absurd amounts of headroom, the windshield "out there" somewhere, etc. Doesn't exactly do wonders for one's masculinity quotient, either...

:eek:

Zero Three Si
10-21-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by RiceCzechs
Sounds like a good arrangement for you, though glad you've got your baby back. My ex had a New Beetle, and it got old driving it quickly(wasn't the 1.8T or anything). That, and I just couldn't get used to the roofline... the absurd amounts of headroom, the windshield "out there" somewhere, etc. Doesn't exactly do wonders for one's masculinity quotient, either...

:eek:

Nope it was the standard 2.0 engine. The car isn't super fast but it isn't super slow either. The car has ALOT of torque. Just not a car I would go out an buy.

Driftin SI
10-21-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Nope it was the standard 2.0 engine. The car isn't super fast but it isn't super slow either. The car has ALOT of torque. Just not a car I would go out an buy.

Its slow, beleieve me, I owned a Gofl with the same engine (not stock) for three years. I would get dusted on a regular basis by bone stock Si's. It was a good engine though, extremely reliable. I wanted to get the Neuspeed supercharger for it but the car got totalled shortly before the big purchase. Oh well.

http://chicagovw.org/memb_cars/cars/a4golf/Conrad/connie_rims.jpg

Zero Three Si
10-21-2003, 08:10 AM
Conrad,

I'm going to have to look into the golf a little bit. She's due for a new car in the spring and I like the GTI alot but she wants a car with 4 doors. I didn't realize neuspeed made a supercharger for the golf.

Driftin SI
10-21-2003, 08:40 AM
Yup, they sure did. Technically, they didn't make the SC, its the same company that makes the chargers for TRD that designed and tested it. Here's a good pic of it. It retails for $2500.

http://www.newdimensions.com/2003/gui/04_pro/sc_images/supercharger2.jpg

Zero Three Si
10-21-2003, 08:50 AM
What she really wants is a 1.8t jetta....but I don't see us paying 20-24k for that thing.

For one...the back seat is TINY. You can get a nice golf for like 16-17 I think.

I told her...if we're spending 20-24k on her car....she's getting a Cooper S.

The golf mk5 is a sweet looking car...I just saw the pictures of it.

fishboy
10-21-2003, 08:53 AM

Wow did I miss my EP! I don't know how some of you can actually sell/trade her.

because some people get evos or s2000s after their ep.:D

there are cars out there that are actually way better than the ep you know.

Zero Three Si
10-21-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by fishboy
because some people get evos or s2000s after their ep.:D

there are cars out there that are actually way better than the ep you know.

While this is true...and I do love the EVO and the S2000...
But if I'm going to spend 30 grand on a car...
I'm going to buy a 3 yr old M3 or a 3 yr old 5 series...

How can you go wrong with a 16,000 dollar car?????

fishboy
10-21-2003, 09:29 AM

How can you go wrong with a 16,000 dollar car?????

by paying 21,000 for it. :(

:D

nice choices for your 30 grand btw. if i had 30, i would buy either an evo or a used s4 and maybe even a used x5.