PDA

View Full Version : EP3 vs. MKV

Zero Three Si
10-21-2003, 08:41 AM
Sure looks pretty similar...

http://vwvortex.rely.net/artman/uploads/001__scaled_600_002.jpg

http://www.hondacars.com/images/banners/2003/civic_si/exterior_gallery/photo_06_popup.jpg

Driftin SI
10-21-2003, 08:49 AM
Its a nice car however, from what I have been told by some very good sources, the 4 door Golf will not make here due to poor sales of hatchback models in the US. We will get the GTI only.

Zero Three Si
10-21-2003, 08:52 AM
I wish Febuary would just hurry up and come so we can go to the Chicago Auto Show.

Is there a better way to spend Valentine's Day in Chicago, then looking at 200+ cars with your sweetheart...hehehe

SarahVTEC
10-21-2003, 08:52 AM
actually, it's more like Honda copying the NEW Golf. obviously, Honda felt pressure to redesign the Civic to compete. new projector headlights, turn-signals in the mirrors, etc.
http://gallery.themspros.com/albums/album25/04euciv_03.jpg

Zero Three Si
10-21-2003, 08:58 AM
I think the car market is on a really really good trend right now. The car market is getting VERY competitive. Never have we seen 0.0 percent financing before...we're getting a larger selection of cars and I just saw an ad in the Chicago Tribune on Sunday for 0.0 percent financing for 60 months on 3 series and 5 series BWM's.

I know everybody says the R will never come to the United States...but I would not be suprised if it came over in a few years.

In stock form though...the Golf doesn't compete with the Si...unless you get the GTI.

jaydub
10-21-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by SarahVTEC
actually, it's more like Honda copying the NEW Golf. obviously, Honda felt pressure to redesign the Civic to compete. new projector headlights, turn-signals in the mirrors, etc.

How do you figure? THe golf V isn't even out yet.

SarahVTEC
10-21-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
How do you figure? THe golf V isn't even out yet.

simple, car manufacturers constantly keep a close on their competitors, especially when a redesign is imminent. since Honda is relatively new to the UK, Honda decided to keep thier momentum going by attacking first. in fact, numerous automotive journalists have already discussed Honda redesigning their fascia to compete with the new Golf. if the Golf wasn't being redesigned, Honda would have had no need to redesign the civic. after all, civic owners weren't screaming for projector headlights, altezza tails, etc. bottomline, a car doesn't have to be on the lot for manufacturers to start competing with one another.

bloodzombie
10-21-2003, 10:45 AM
simple, car manufacturers constantly keep a close on their competitors, especially when a redesign is imminent. since Honda is relatively new to the UK, Honda decided to keep thier momentum going by attacking first. in fact, numerous automotive journalists have already discussed Honda redesigning their fascia to compete with the new Golf. if the Golf wasn't being redesigned, Honda would have had no need to redesign the civic. after all, civic owners weren't screaming for projector headlights, altezza tails, etc. bottomline, a car doesn't have to be on the lot for manufacturers to start competing with one another.

so they copied a car by doing it first?

jaydub
10-21-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by bloodzombie
so they copied a car by doing it first? Exactly. I think Honda is one of the last companies to do copying, they aren't Hyundai. Nonetheless, there are bound to be similarities in any given market, because they all do market analysis to figure out who is buying their cars. It just happens that right now the buying public is into shitty taillights and other stuff like that. It doesn't mean that anyone copied someone else though. With a shifter sticking out of the dashboard, it's hard to say Honda copied anyone.

EDIT: also, Honda's redesigns come out more often than many other manufacturers, VW included. The Mk3 VW's were out for 6+ model years, and the current ones have been out for 5 already. Honda goes 3-4 model years.

SarahVTEC
10-21-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by bloodzombie
so they copied a car by doing it first?

Yes, I think we can all agree there are many similarites between auto manufactures. Honda is no different. they have to be competitive. isn't it strange how Honda decided they needed projector headlights and mirror turn-signals when photos of the new Golf showed up? that's no coincedence. c'mon guys

Also, isn't it strange how the taillights of the 2003 Accord Coupe look very similar to those found on the Mercedes Benz SL600 Roadster:
http://www.hondacars.com/images/banners/2004/accord_coupe/exterior_gallery/photo_09_popup.jpg
2003 Accord Coupe

http://www.mbusa.com/media/images/main/models/gallery/photo_gallery/sl_500_10_main.jpg
Mercedes Benz SL600 Roadster

jaydub
10-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Yes, I think we can all agree there are many similarites between auto manufactures. Honda is no different. they have to be competitive. isn't it strange how Honda decided they needed projector headlights and mirror turn-signals when photos of the new Golf showed up? that's no coincedence. c'mon guys

You're wayyyyyyy off. It isn't like Honda woke up in the morning and had these headlights & taillights manufactured. The golf pics have only been out for a few months, meanwhile Honda would've already had to be in the design/development process to introduce the 04 model year changes. I'm willing to bet that internally, these changes have been in place for many months.

jaydub
10-21-2003, 11:15 AM
And to address the taillight issue, they're similar but extremely different. The MB's taillights have a rounded edge on the quarter panel, where the accord's has very sharp edges.

C1V1C
10-21-2003, 11:18 AM
Yeah ... like someone telling me S2000 is just a copycat of BMW Z3. I had the magazine of S2000 prototype back in 1989 or something. Some people just don't know what they are talking about. Talk Loud, Empty Inside.

SarahVTEC
10-21-2003, 11:18 AM
notice how i used SIMILAR not EXACTLY. also, for the sake of bandwidth and server space, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree. :D

Zero Three Si
10-21-2003, 11:19 AM
I think sarah is just trying to get her post count up.

jaydub
10-21-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I think sarah is just trying to get her post count up.

What's my excuse? :o hahahah

Zero Three Si
10-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
What's my excuse? :o hahahah

You're just a homo...you can't help it...lol:p

jaydub
10-21-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
You're just a homo...you can't help it...lol:p

LOL well that's what I get for trying to be like you! :o :D