PDA

View Full Version : greddy upgrade + emmision testing

prracer617
10-21-2003, 10:44 AM
i really want the greddy turbo kit but 1 i want it upgraded from the start to at least 100 hp instead of 50hp and still have it drivable for everyday use. If anyone can help me to know what i have to get for this project, that would be greatly appreciated ..This would be my first turbo and I not 100 percent there yet with working with one ...most of my engines have been N/A so i really dont know what it takes to make a reliable turbo that aint gonna mess up my car in a year or two,and the second question is has any one with the greddy kit passed a emmision yet if so from where????

digitldlnkwnt
11-08-2003, 03:19 PM
Just realize that more power=more wear and of course the fact that our factory engines were never designed for boost. Dosent mean you can't boost them but it does mean you do open the door for problems to occur. Just use common sense. The more boost you push more headaches you stand to have..
Personally on a different note thas why i like supercharging. boost is there only when you need it and the rest of the time your engine isnt being pressurized.

surfsi
11-09-2003, 04:48 AM
Yes you do open the door to problems with more power but when you say that supercharging only gives you power when you need it is hogwash. A sc. is in use at all times and uses pullies which can offset more internals along with blowing forced induction, as where a turbo spools up according to the amount of throttle responce, so in actuality you could drive with little to no boost at all depending on yor driving! Another thing is a sc. will NEVER stack up to a turbo, with a turbo the sky is the limit.

ep3guy
11-09-2003, 05:12 AM
Tuning is the key. Tune your car, low boost, don't abuse the car, and you've got yourself a Honda will last like a regular NA Honda engine. In Greddy's case, the e-manage is already there and tuned for your car, so you don't really have to worry. Greddy kit is set at low boost, so as long as you don't turn up the boost you'll be fine. However, turn up the boost, then go get it tuned.

Turbocharger vs Supercharger? Go here and have fun reading:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=646019