PDA

View Full Version : Club RSX haters... Comments about the EP

ATRIOT
10-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Comments pulled from www.clubrsx.com
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113646

"looks like a suzuki."
"i think they look good..its just the dumb shifter on dash that bothers me"
"As a hatchback I think it's way too big. I heard the EG and EK has better handling than this SIR."
"A nice EP (not the rims though)." In reference to 02SilverSihb's Ride.
"i like everythng about the car EXCEPT for the headlights... that's the worst part of the car.. they are so fugly.. "
"Hmmmm....more money than a base RSX with less features and less torque....tough choice...."
"the decision is not a hard one in my mind. The base RSX is a lot more car for the money"
"...and a cheaper interior, and a lot more road/wind noise...sorry, the RSX feels and looks like a much nicer vehicle"

some people just have no taste...:winkm:

fishboy
10-21-2003, 12:04 PM
a hatch is more sensible. passengers have lots of leg room in the back. the shifter is awesome. i think these guys have never been in an si they are just running their mouth. must all be in highschool still and mommy bought them their cars. anyone who says the word "fugly" is just another clubsi fanboi. i think our headlights are badass. less torque? like what 2 - 3 ft/lbs. we mod our cars anyway. i think the rsx is less car for the money we have way more trunk and leg room. plus we don't have that misshift problem that the rsx owners have to deal with. they're dumb.

03hatch
10-21-2003, 12:07 PM
HAHAHA

how can they say our headlights are ugly? our headlights is about the same size as the rsx.
i think our headlights are badass compare to rsx. our taillights looks better than the rsx.

rsx owners are trippin

furious
10-21-2003, 12:08 PM
I don't want any RSX owners to take this personally, but the MAIN reason why I bought the EP over the RSX-Type S even, is not price...

...that was not an issue...

...it was the fact that the RSXs are sorority rides :D :p I got sick of seeing all these hots chicks at work getting out of work and hopping into their 'standard issue blue' RSXs (base and S)..

bobdobbs
10-21-2003, 12:09 PM
Pretentious fackers. I'm suprised none of them said the RSX has a bigger rear view mirror for checking their hair.

ATRIOT
10-21-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by furious
standard issue

Yeah that pretty much sums up the RSX for me, there's little sense of community (on the road) since the cars so common. Besides im a hatchback kinda guy anyways... (yeah i know the RSX is a "quasi-Hatch")

furious
10-21-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Pretentious fackers. I'm suprised none of them said the RSX has a bigger rear view mirror for checking their hair.

and when I read this over and over, I can't help but picture the fella looking into the rear view mirror to look something like your avatar LOL:D

bobdobbs
10-21-2003, 12:17 PM
and when I read this over and over, I can't help but picture the fella looking into the rear view mirror to look something like your avatar LOL:D
Dude, you're playing with fire when you mock the High Epopt J.R. "Bob" Dobbs.

younggotti266
10-21-2003, 12:45 PM
they're probably mad because they paid about $5000 more for basically the same car except the rsx is an "acura"

Si3
10-21-2003, 12:59 PM
i have the prefect way to solve this problem....

G A N G F I G H T ! !

ten fags... i mean RSX owners and ten EP owners in some dark parking lot battle royal for pink slips!!! i would love to throw the TypeS engine in my EP... other than that... i would rather walk! (im just being bitter i hate walking, but you all get the point)

ahh sarcasim, the language of the intellectual!

-aj-

Civicvtec1ps
10-21-2003, 01:07 PM
i am there to argue!
well not really. personal perferences but thats ridiculous.

sniperSI
10-21-2003, 01:16 PM
"As a hatchback I think it's way too big. I heard the EG and EK has better handling than this SIR."[/B]

bwahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

sniperSI
10-21-2003, 01:18 PM
It's like they forget their precious intergra is based off of the civic. Always has been.

IceD out N CALI
10-21-2003, 01:23 PM
yeah a lot of people dont care for the ep with its love it or hate it looks

Civicvtec1ps
10-21-2003, 01:24 PM
HOW is rsx base interior is better than sir?
lol
:*

IceD out N CALI
10-21-2003, 01:25 PM
haha

Zero Three Si
10-21-2003, 01:50 PM
These guys kill me....Like their car is so much better than ours.

I'll tell you these facts though.

There are two fags that live in my apartment complex and BOTH of them drive RSX's.

oldschoolimport
10-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Si3
i have the prefect way to solve this problem....

G A N G F I G H T ! !

ten fags... i mean RSX owners and ten EP owners in some dark parking lot battle royal for pink slips!!! i would love to throw the TypeS engine in my EP... other than that... i would rather walk! (im just being bitter i hate walking, but you all get the point)

ahh sarcasim, the language of the intellectual!

-aj-

count my BIG ass in. I SQUASH LITTLE PEOPLE! :mad: :D

one other thing, we got the top of the line, and the fastest civic. half of them have to live with the stigma of driving a BASE model!:D

oldschoolimport
10-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Dude, you're playing with fire when you mock the High Epopt J.R. "Bob" Dobbs.

easy big fella, he has just not been brainwashed, uhh, I mean, converted yet.:D

pedzola
10-21-2003, 01:58 PM
Well I was trying to decide between an RSX and Civic Si just a couple of weeks ago. Here were my conclusions:

Si = nicer interior, more utilitarian, more unique, less money.
RSX-S = attractive to girls, faster/6-speed, Acura class/image.
Both = Honda reliability, aftermarket support, good financing.

You can come to your own conclusions, those were mine. I'm not going to be racing, I need to haul music equipment, and I woulda changed the acura badges to red H's anyway. I like my little space-egg. :smilem:

Rey
10-21-2003, 02:10 PM
Well ok, I just bought a 1993 civic si, and have been driving around in it for about a week. Then today, I jumped into my EP, and I was like "OMG I missed this car." I don't know why haters just test drive one and make the decision then. The RSX is cool and all, but are too common. Everyone that see's my car is like "woh, what's that? I never seen that before." and Everyone I have spoken to loves the shifter. I just don't know sometimes.

Peking
10-21-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by oldschoolimport
count my BIG ass in. I SQUASH LITTLE PEOPLE! :mad: :D

one other thing, we got the top of the line, and the fastest civic. half of them have to live with the stigma of driving a BASE model!:D

I'm down with that :D . I go on that site quite sometimes. There are not bad guys. Not that we here talk bad about other cars.

00-ITR-373
10-21-2003, 02:13 PM
If you want leather, go for the RSX. Si has more torque down low. Which one would you rather auto-x? Way more usable space in the hatch. If the RSX-R comes, I'll get that too, but for now, Si all the way, I don't even have to think about it.

03ViVBEp
10-21-2003, 02:33 PM
heh, well guys i 0wn both the cars "i should say we, my girl and i" and i love them both. "even thought they feel the same when driving" other than the shifter and "VTEC" but my username over there is 02black-s and i think i made a good point. ;)

p.s: i really dont think our cars look like a mini mini van"stock, yes" more like a speeding bullet!:D

bratkat64
10-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Yeah I like the fact that our cars are so much more unique. I see about 10 RSXs for every 1 SI on the road. I also like the look people give you when your mini-minivan kicks their car's ass.

Chrisbgft
10-21-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by bratkat64
Yeah I like the fact that our cars are so much more unique. I see about 10 RSXs for every 1 SI on the road. I also like the look people give you when your mini-minivan kicks their car's ass.

This is exactly why i bought my EP over an RSX-S. RARITY. Go to Hot Import Nights..How many EP's do u see? MAYBE MAYBE...1-2. What about an RSX...i wont even go there. The street is even worse. The only good thing about a RSX is the amount of women i see driving them. Thats the first thing i check out!

ATRIOT
10-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 03ViVBEp
heh, well guys i 0wn both the cars "i should say we, my girl and i" and i love them both. "even thought they feel the same when driving" other than the shifter and "VTEC" but my username over there is 02black-s and i think i made a good point. ;)

p.s: i really dont think our cars look like a mini mini van"stock, yes" more like a speeding bullet!:D

Good Work 03ViVBEp, Those guys needed to be shown the truth from the perspective of an RSX & EP owner. On the other hand im just a Rsxcist.:winkm:

00-ITR-373
10-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Coming from an Integra Type R, I have one more thing to add. How many Type R owners bought the RSX vs. the Si. Enough said. Most of my Type R friends bought EP's. I will be buying an EP and I do have my choice between the two.

03ViVBEp
10-21-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by 00-ITR-373
Coming from an Integra Type R, I have one more thing to add. How many Type R owners bought the RSX vs. the Si. Enough said. Most of my Type R friends bought EP's. I will be buying an EP and I do have my choice between the two.

so tru, even though i dident own a type-r "i owned a 94 gsr/w a h22a transplant" but i loved the ep's when i drove it. we just need the a2 motor:D

EPHatchgirl
10-21-2003, 03:09 PM
OK- ONE QUESTION:

How many RSX's do you see daily?

Now, how many EP3's do you see???

:D

Rey
10-21-2003, 03:21 PM
I have seen 3 EP's in 3 month period. Counting mine.

I have seen 12 RSX's in a 3 month period.

ATRIOT
10-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Personally I see around 5 or more RSX's a day, EP's its around 1 every couple weeks.
Edit: Thats on a day when i drive 25min to school, 25 mins back, then about an hour of driving @ night. (York U, parking lots are full of them)

Civic03Si
10-21-2003, 04:18 PM
Its sad to have the base RSX and SI even being compared. They are basically the same car, and comes down to personal preference of which 1 is better. If you compare the RSXs to the SI its no arugement the RSXs is better just cause its got the A2. Also when people say that the EP is rare or whatever isnt really true anymore. If you think about it the RSX was out like a whole year and a half before the SI came out, so of course theres gonna be more RSX on the street. Also now since Dealerships are basically giving the SI away with the prices i sure as bet that, youll see more and more EPs rolling around. Its already started, i would say that i see twice as many EPs now than i did like 8 months ago. Remember the EP is still a Honda econo car and is never gonna be "rare" just enjoy the car and who cares what anyone else thinks of your car.

bobdobbs
10-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Civic03Si
Also when people say that the EP is rare or whatever isnt really true anymore.
Remember the EP is still a Honda econo car and is never gonna be "rare" just enjoy the car and who cares what anyone else thinks of your car.

RSX = 32,000 per year
EP3 = 12,000 per year

EKON
10-21-2003, 04:41 PM
My sister has a pearl white RSX-S her and her boyfriend always give me sh!# about how they have 200HP and 6speed. I don't give a rat's ass if they do, all I know is that my car handles better than hers with the suspension parts I've got(strut bars, tie bars, and 22mm sway bar), and it has more room and I still didn't pay what she payed.

P.S. I forgot to mention, the comment made about our interior....:confused:....Does anyone realize how many RSX owners want our front seats.........:p to all the haters

EKON

02SilverSiHB
10-21-2003, 04:57 PM
ah, who cares if they don't like it. But it cracks me up....it's crap...like the rsx has some greater construction or something :rolleyes:

Makross
10-21-2003, 05:00 PM
i can careless what people think about the ep..its fun to drive and we have way more head room

TheMutt
10-21-2003, 05:57 PM
I don't see what you people are getting all worked up about. There are reasons they have the RSX and we have the Si. Because they have different tastes. Nothing more needs to be said. You can moan just as much as they about how much the RSX really sucks, it's the exact same thing :p

MrCivic03
10-21-2003, 05:58 PM
clubrsx is just a damn cock contest. they bitch and moan about everyhting. have to argue about stupid shit... who cares about the si and rsx, why would ppl buy them bc they are a POS pinto? uhhh NO!!! this is why most ppl hate 15 yearolds bc everyone acts like them(16 as of today yay). it is like why not go outside and take a huge shit and see whose is bigger i mean there is no point.

sorry but this is just stupid shit i love my car, my pride and joy. dont even like them rsx(base) quasi-hatch ewwww.

abstrack
10-21-2003, 06:04 PM
our cars rock...i get way more compliments with my car then the rsx.
example: rolled up at the same time with an rsx at the races, he's all fixed up mine just lowered with gunmetal stock rims. everyone goes to me and no one to him :D thought he was gonna cry. I love it!

bratkat64
10-21-2003, 06:06 PM
I see 1 ep for every 10 rsxs - sometimes it's only mine. lol

Tenacious G
10-21-2003, 06:43 PM
the comment about the base DC5 being cheaper than the EP and being more car for the money cracks me up. they obviously haven't done *any* research into EPs, otherwise they'd know about the big discounts being offered on EPs.

whatever, like i give a f*ck what Acura elitists think of the kind of car i drive. i like the uniqueness of the EP.

team ERA 5
10-21-2003, 06:49 PM
i dont know if its just me but i think

ep3= are MEN CARS
rsx(s)= are GIRL CARS

im not trying to all sexist here but that my own personal opinion...

Brettnyt
10-21-2003, 06:52 PM

Hahaha, thats funny...

Brettnyt
10-21-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by team ERA 5
i dont know if its just me but i think

ep3= are MEN CARS
rsx(s)= are GIRL CARS

im not trying to all sexist here but that my own personal opinion...

Thats why I have an EP and my GF has an RSX :D

Brettnyt
10-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Rey
I have seen 3 EP's in 3 month period. Counting mine.

I have seen 12 RSX's in a 3 month period.

Exactly.. I mean, the RSX is hot, but i love how unique the Si is...

eurosteez
10-21-2003, 07:36 PM

...it was the fact that the RSXs are sorority rides :D :p I got sick of seeing all these hots chicks at work getting out of work and hopping into their 'standard issue blue' RSXs (base and S)..

Well said. THere are SOOOO many little teeny-bopper chicks bumpin jay-z in their rsx that I lost alotta respect for that car.

The styling of the ep3 is a notch up compared to the older hatch's (stock atleast)IMO......

and the rsx has lost a lot of its uniqueness compared to the older model integras.. Hell they even lost the name Integra.

One of my buddies is a diehard integra tuner(his 95 integ is a 13 sec car) and he hates the new rsx styling(loves the a2 though)

bratkat64
10-21-2003, 07:38 PM
I am a chick and I have an EP!

chubbychu
10-21-2003, 07:46 PM
just let them say what they want to. they will NEVER understand the Power of the EP until they own one. And seeing as how they DONT like them, they never will, which means they lose out on one of the finer things in life. dash mounted shifters! muahahah

Brettnyt
10-21-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by bratkat64
I am a chick and I have an EP!

Hence, we can all assume that you have a hairy chest/legs, and other manly features.... Any pics to prove us wrong???? ;)

pedzola
10-21-2003, 08:13 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/pedzola/images/smileys/wt.gif

Vivid-Cruz
10-21-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si

There are two fags that live in my apartment complex and BOTH of them drive RSX's.

way to gleam with intelligence... your words say it all.. because its not cool to be a 'fag' it must not be COOL to drive an RSX.. pure genious man!! Next time spare me your ignorance

Peking
10-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Hence, we can all assume that you have a hairy chest/legs, and other manly features.... Any pics to prove us wrong???? ;)

Take my word for it, she's a girl :D

And MrCivic03 happy birthday
:)

Jon

chubbychu
10-21-2003, 08:48 PM
hey vivid, how does the cougar compare to the ep?

02SilverSiHB
10-21-2003, 08:48 PM
looks like some of us are just as bad as the rsx owners on that site. Some of you peoples comments are stupid. I like rsx's...they look just fine to me. I see guys and girls driving them. Who cares if they don't like our car...who gives a fucking shit!

shimmy_yaz
10-21-2003, 08:49 PM
I know 2 people that own an RSX and they both say they are the most over rated POS they have ever had. As a matter of fact 1 is for sale.

02SilverSiHB
10-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
I know 2 people that own an RSX and they both say they are the most over rated POS they have ever had. As a matter of fact 1 is for sale.
yeah, the type s is a little over priced, imo. Especially with the srts out there and the wrx's.

Vivid-Cruz
10-21-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
hey vivid, how does the cougar compare to the ep?

very close.. but Si seems like it has more accessible power..cougar is an automatic so.. thats probably biggest difference.. i think the cougar is faster at freeway speeds tho... but the cougar is a good car man.. i was very very impressed.. i had it for 3 yrs never one problem and i was a new crazy ass driver when i bought it..
on a 1/4 mile it would be close..

oldschoolimport
10-21-2003, 09:22 PM
hey cruz, wont the contour svt motor bolt up in the cougar? at one time there was gonna be a cougar s sold that way stock, think it got axed. know of any hybrids out there?

audomatik
10-21-2003, 09:28 PM

couldn't have worded it better myself... trust me, i tried... haha

pLopSI
10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
OMG... i really didn't think that post was gonna turn out that bad. But as i read on... i couldn't believe the stuff they were saying. :mad: But I'm actually not that surprised at all of some of the clubrsx members' level of maturity. Some of the clubrsx guys are good guys tho. I remember meetin up w/ some of the members n' they were madd cool. Anyways, how often do we start threads n' flame about the rsx whether base or the S? All us ep owners have a mutual respect for our EPs n' their dc5s. But we really don't have to sink down to their level n' jus start ranting about the rsx...:cool:

Peking
10-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Tru dat :D

sniperSI
10-22-2003, 08:28 AM
wow this threed grew pretty fast since last night. They are just mad becase the Type S guys paid like 6 grand more for their cars then we did, more money for various turbos and our cars make the same power as theirs on the same setups, even though they have 40 more HP then we do stock.

haha, but hmmm someone said something about the prestige of an Acura, I really do not think there is anything awe inspiring about acuras lineup latley, RSX is played, TSX is soft, and they are all hondas, I just don't understand, guess i can never be an acura guy
:(

TezGari
10-22-2003, 09:34 AM
I think some of the RSX peeps are nice...
I think we get "hated" more on the older model civic owners...But then the B series completely dies out, who will the turn to? THE KKK!!!!SERRRRIEEESSS!!
Ok....
I like the RSX also....But the comfort of the Si keeps me going, the seats are like tharapuetic (spell wrong) action...And the shifter is smooth! RSX and Ep are brothers (or sisters...).

Its all in the Family!
-KoRn

eurosteez
10-22-2003, 11:37 AM
Oh by the way,
Girls in EP's are wayyyyy sexier than girls in RSX's. Its rare to see a female in an EP, hence the sexyness,:*

bloodzombie
10-22-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by eurosteez
Oh by the way,
Girls in EP's are wayyyyy sexier than girls in RSX's. Its rare to see a female in an EP, hence the sexyness,:*

about 1/3 of the eps I've seen are being driven by middle aged women.

the RSX and the EP are both cool, they have their reasons for liking the RSX better (they bought one, right?) and we have ours for liking the EP better, it's stupid to hate on each other.

MrFoxMan
10-22-2003, 02:36 PM
So you trolled over to ClubRSX & found some Low IQ dorks that said hurtful things (right or wrong) about your Mini van, I mean Si & you want to prove you can be just as ignorant........Good Job, You've done it!

I will always be a Honda Fan First & I really like the Si & If it had had the same numbers as the Type S has, I would have considered it very closely But it doesn't. The Type S out every things Your Si, (except gas mileage) get over it.

Granted I do love your Swede seats & the shifter is very cool (even though the throw sucks). You love your car & that's all that matters. The one thing I can't stand is a Honda owner that does not love his/ her car!

If anything we should all be together on the fact we have the mighty "K" because the old "b" guys really really hate us all.

So just love your cars & down with the hate! As fare as the dorks who trash talked your cars, an old man once told me "No matter how far or how long you travel..........You can always find an arshole. Try not to be one of them."

seattlecivic
10-22-2003, 02:44 PM
WELL SAID LADDY!

Originally posted by MrFoxMan
So you trolled over to ClubRSX & found some Low IQ dorks that said hurtful things (right or wrong) about your Mini van, I mean Si & you want to prove you can be just as ignorant........Good Job, You've done it!

I will always be a Honda Fan First & I really like the Si & If it had had the same numbers as the Type S has, I would have considered it very closely But it doesn't. The Type S out every things Your Si, (except gas mileage) get over it.

Granted I do love your Swede seats & the shifter is very cool (even though the throw sucks). You love your car & that's all that matters. The one thing I can't stand is a Honda owner that does not love his/ her car!

If anything we should all be together on the fact we have the mighty "K" because the old "b" guys really really hate us all.

So just love your cars & down with the hate! As fare as the dorks who trash talked your cars, an old man once told me "No matter how far or how long you travel..........You can always find an arshole. Try not to be one of them."

chibianh
10-22-2003, 03:54 PM
it's just a little "sibling" rivalry..

when me and my friend (who has an rsx-s) hang out, we trash talk each others' cars.. but when our other friend (integra gsr) hangs with us, we gang up on him.

So.. no matter how much we fight (si vs rsx), we'll always stick together when there's a k-series vs b-series debate... no matter what

Driftin SI
10-22-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by bloodzombie
it's stupid to hate on each other.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

EP3_DC5
10-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Hahaha, you guys must not be able to read very well.....
"im starting to like it actually"
"i think they look good.."
"love the seats "
"nice all around car with a nice kit. yeah the shifter is kinda weird..." (this guy's an idiot for thinking that the shifter is weird though)
etc etc etc
Most people do not dislike the Si....
My GF has one has likes it. I like it as well...
The RSX is a better all around car though.
Better materials, built more solidly, better driver's seat (more adjustability), quieter.... etc etc...
RSX-S vs Si isn't even a comparison. Better everything... I even get better mileage than my GF in my RSX-S. She usually gets 29-30 and I usually get 30-31mpg.

SiR Medic
10-22-2003, 04:47 PM
Really guys...

Arguing about this shit is like listening to F-Body owners argue about which is better, the Firebird or the Camaro...:rolleyes:

The cars are similar... Basically they differ in only a few subtle differences.

I like the RSX, and I love the EP, the only reason for my preference? Interior space! But trust me, both cars is nice!

EP3_DC5
10-22-2003, 04:57 PM
This debate is kinda pointless anyways, most people will admit to liking both the Si and the RSX... Then it just comes down to if you are willing to pay extra for things like better quality interilor, better warranty, more solid build, leather, climate control, blah blah blah....
But like they say, you get what you pay for... with the Si you get even more than what you pay for =) That is the biggest thing that attracts buyers nowadays.

eurosteez
10-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Does it piss anyone else off its not called an Integra anymore? Whered the roots go?

the JigGa mAn
10-22-2003, 09:31 PM
i feel that the position of our shifter gives us a more accurate shift than the ground shifter...and the seat does not get in the way for those hard race type throws

TezGari
10-22-2003, 09:36 PM
DOWN WITH the HATE!!!!!!

CHeer it with me everyone!!!!!
DOWN WITH the HATE!!!!!!

DOWN WITH the HATE!!!!!!

DOWN WITH the HATE!!!!!!

DOWN WITH the HATE!!!!!!

DOWN WITH the HATE!!!!!!

DOWN WITH the HATE!!!!!!

DOWN WITH the HATE!!!!!!

DOWN WITH the HATE!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) LOVE the K, Hold the K, Touch the K....

DOWN WITH the HATE!!!!!!
OHHHHEeeeeee , eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, oh,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee ee e.:)

PS: DOWN WITH the HATE!!!!!!

Brettnyt
10-22-2003, 09:56 PM
about 1/3 of the eps I've seen are being driven by middle aged women.

Haha, yup... me too... I actually pulled up to one at a gas station one night...

Me: "Nice car." (smile)
Her: "Yup, pretty similar arent they."
M: "Yeah, you dont see to many of them around..."
H: (gives me a crazy weird look and walks inside to the mini mart)

I hate non-enthusiasts... :(

eurosteez
10-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Haha, yup... me too... I actually pulled up to one at a gas station one night...

LOL i can totally imagine that happening.

IceD out N CALI
10-23-2003, 03:54 PM

i'm with ya on that. i see a lot of old folks driving the ep (when i actually see one on road) and they dont give a crap, but its all good

TheMutt
10-23-2003, 04:07 PM
Here's what I've noticed so far:

Most of my friends (avg. age = 16-21) don't like the styling of my
car. They say it looks like a minivan and for the most part are split on whether they like the shifter.

Most of the more mature crowd I've talked to have liked my car a lot and shown interest in it... even though one guy @ gas station the other day finally asked me if it was a hybrid :p

That's just the trend I've noticed...
But come on it's bad that DC5 vs EP3 is starting to remind me of Domestic vs Import. Get over it :confused:

bobdobbs
10-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by eurosteez
Does it piss anyone else off its not called an Integra anymore? Whered the roots go?
They can call it whatever they want, but that's part of what made my skin crawl when I was shopping. The whole sexier-Integra/Civic thing. I just felt like Acura was trying a little too hard to convince me that I Gotta Have It.

andy
10-23-2003, 04:16 PM
This thread is probably already tapped out, but here goes my 2cents:
You guys should have read what the ClubRSX crowd was saying about the
WRX initially, as both were hitting the road around the same time.
"Oh, it's ugly...it's a Subaru...etc."
I think it's fairly clear that the majority of RSX owners are in it
not for function, but for form.
Essentially, the Si is a baby RSX (in terms of engine), but with the
right mods, I think can hang with those cars suspension/track wise.
So it's a fine car, it just doesn't have the luxury feel of the
RSX. There's no leather option, no Acura label, etc. And the RSX
crowd (the ones that diss the car) realize this, subliminally - so
they're out to defend their cars by belittling the few poor aspects
of the Si (the styling - see what they said about the WRX).

At any rate, there's plenty of RSX guys that are very cool and very
knowledgable. Don't forget that this car is really an Integra and
there's a large group that bought the car because of the 'Teg. There's
another large crowd that bought it because it's an Acura. Two very
different groups, methinks.

bloodzombie
10-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by andy
there's a large group that bought the car because of the 'Teg. There's
another large crowd that bought it because it's an Acura. Two very
different groups, methinks.

I bet there's an even bigger group that just bought it because they liked it.

andy
10-23-2003, 04:41 PM
I bet there's an even bigger group that just bought it because they liked it.

I think it's safe to say both groups like it. Kind of an obvious
factor. But I was comparing the "anti-Si" and "pro-Si" camps. One
is not as concerned with function as with form. Simple enough?

SiR_d1
11-13-2003, 10:02 PM
I know this is an old thread but I just have to say the base RSX is girls car, plain and simple.

Base RSX = Girls car

RSX Type S = Guy's car

Sorry I 'm just mentioning this because we had a discussion in class about this. We actually found proof in our case that the Base RSX was marketed for women and the Type S for men. In light of this information, don't EVER let someone who owns a base RSX talk shit about your car b/c their driving a bitches car

:D ;)

ep3hatchattack
11-13-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
haha

HAHAH.... i live in an apartment complex with 3 RSX-s Fags and they all jock my EP and ask if i can help them fix there cars up. I say yeah, but i always take money from them because i get everything for less. Stupid ass dude had a maroon RSX-s and asked if he could put a blow off valve on his N/A engine..... hahah...hes like 30 years old, how stupid can you fuckin be.

Bicho6
11-13-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1

Base RSX = Girls car

RSX Type S = Guy's car

:D ;)

this is the best comment out of the whole thread. I am not an RSX hater, in fact the RSX Type S was my original choice which starts around 22k. I couldn't afford it so I got the next best thing, my SI.

eurosteez
11-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
HAHAH.... Stupid ass dude had a maroon RSX-s and asked if he could put a blow off valve on his N/A engine..... hahah...hes like 30 years old, how stupid can you fuckin be.

WTF? thats hilarious.

FirstImport02Si
11-14-2003, 12:34 PM
I agree with TEAM ERA 5, RSX's are girl cars. Some cars are just made to be that way. RSX's, Beetles, Cabrios, Jettas (the previous generation), some Eclipses, new MR2s or spyders or whatever the hell they call em, Sunfires, etc. I do see a lot of chicks driving civics, but out of the 25 or so Si's that I've seen - only one chick.

blacksihatch
11-14-2003, 12:52 PM
I like both the RSX and the Si I looked at one which the base model is more then the Si and I thought the Si rode and handeled better then the RSX. But you know what they say opinions are like assholes everyone has one.