PDA

View Full Version : OEM HID's from Europe

00-ITR-373
10-21-2003, 03:12 PM
I've been debating now that the '04's are coming out with the "new" headlight design, on trying to sourse European headlamps which aim the lights on the correct side of the road, and have HID's standard.

I know they will not be cheap. What kind of interest would you guys have in this? I'm not selling them, and I don't know where to get them yet, just checking to see if I'm the only one who would like them, or if others would. I'm sure this is $1000-$1500 easy. My guess is that most people will go with some aftermarket HID's, but I could be wrong.

BarracksSi
11-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

If I were to get HIDs, I'd much rather have a housing designed expressly for them, and this would be a good way to go.

I might be able to find something next time I go overseas, but I'd like to know what you find, too.

2k2_nbp_egg
11-11-2003, 06:34 PM
There was some website that allowed you to send your headlights in, and they would custom rebuild them w/ an aimed projector and other things. I think just that alone is half a grand, and then the HID system on top of that is another 4-5 hundred. I'm happy enough w/ my lights for now, all though I'd definitely like projectors.

00-ITR-373
11-13-2003, 06:42 PM
Here is the website you are referring to. My only worry is how they know for sure that the lights are very very close to being level?
I'd like to try it out, but it's a lot of money to not be sure. At least with OEM Honda headlights you know for sure they're aimed correctly! I know you can adjust the stock lights as far as where they are aimed but I'm not sure how much you can adjust them if someone were to mount the Projectors at some weird angle.
Illusion Lighting (http://www.illusion-lighting.com/)

!@#$%
11-17-2003, 11:51 AM
I really want a set of the UK oem hid housings. Too bad I won't have cash for anything like that in a while.

00-ITR-373
11-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
I really want a set of the UK oem hid housings. Too bad I won't have cash for anything like that in a while.
You never know, I'm trying to get a few sets, the more that would buy them, the cheaper it would be.

HASNIC
11-23-2003, 09:18 AM

There has been no confirmation that the new style projector lamps will be offered in HID. The UK ones will not be angled right for the USDM but I am looking into sourcing LHD OEM projector headlights which will be fine in the USDM and the 04 tail lights for 00-ITR-373 so if anyone else is interested then let me know.

Cheers;)

HASNIC
11-23-2003, 10:13 AM
As far a the UKDM CTR owners know, HID will not be an option for EURO CTR's.

It might be an option on the JDM CTR's but then they are set up for RHD.

Cheers;)

!@#$%
11-25-2003, 12:48 AM
wow. that flat out sucks. Not only is the USA getting jipped, but now Japan is starting to dry out the UK.

HASNIC
11-25-2003, 03:42 AM
wow. that flat out sucks. Not only is the USA getting jipped, but now Japan is starting to dry out the UK.

Japan have screwed the UK in the Spec of the CTR, so it was kind of expected.

I have managed to source the part numbers for the projector headlights and the new tail lights. I will get prices tomorrow so if any one is interested in them then either PM me or state here.

Here are the projectors

http://gallery.themspros.com/albums/album25/04euciv_09.jpg

Tail lights

http://gallery.themspros.com/albums/album25/04euciv_12.jpg

Cheers;)

BlueHeat
11-25-2003, 05:55 AM
Those projectors look good. How about those mirrors too.
:m:

HASNIC
11-25-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by BlueHeat
Those projectors look good. How about those mirrors too.
:m:

I'll enquire about those mirrors when I get prices for the lights tomorrow;)

1 fstr si
11-26-2003, 09:51 PM
im in, but all i want is the headlights. i already have HID's, but i really want the housings.so.... if ANYONE gets any info about these or "just happens" to get a set of them somehow, i would REALLY like to talk to you.