PDA

View Full Version : VIS carbon fiber hatch

4g63dsm
10-21-2003, 05:43 PM
anyone know where i can get a carbon fiber hatch? does vis make them? and would it be a bitch to install cuz of the rear glass and windshield wiper?

jdmpwr
10-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Just installed mine 7 hrs of modifying the Hatch to fit, plus a decent amount of cash to install the window plus buying the pieces from Honda to reinstall the window. www.hondawerx.com sells them $630 shipped, you cna IM him at hondawerx on AIM. It is a great mod but if u are not good at Fabricating/Modifying stuff then be ready to pay a Bodyman to do it.

YssSI
10-26-2003, 02:41 PM
Yeah I got a stiffy for one of these too. Can you elaborate on what parts were needed to make it work.

Did the inner trim piece work?? How about the 3rd brake light?? How does it feel when you shut it?? Solid?? I have talked to my rep at VIS and he doesnt have answers yet.
Also how is the noise level without all that steel back there??

I will have one very soon, even if they are a bitch to install.

Scott

Suk02Si
10-27-2003, 01:43 AM
www.jdmhondaparts.com has them for $450, I doubt its made by VIS though. Its under 'New Products/Info'

03CivicSi
02-28-2004, 07:40 PM
www.importfan.com is now down to $229
http://www.importfan.com/product.asp?0=0&1=0&3=4729

Does anyone know if you can get these c.f hatches w/o that silver strip thing where the "H" is?? I have a black car so that would kinda clash, especially because I really wont have silver on my car

Thanks

LHD_EP3
02-28-2004, 11:42 PM
Heard they were heavier than the stock hatch, kinda defeats the purpose

03CivicSi
02-29-2004, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I read that too.. I took it right off the mods list, but it was after I posted this, thanks anyway though:D

4g63dsm
03-01-2004, 03:08 PM
damn 229 is cheap, anyone bought this yet? iknow people have the VIS but never this one.

Ep3 No.2
03-01-2004, 03:19 PM
hey o3civic si. the silver part that you see on the pictures is the part you use from your oem hatch. (the locking mech / latch) so if you buy the cf hatch you still have to use the black locking mechanism that is in your existing hatch right now

Sivicboi
03-01-2004, 04:15 PM
I think that price refers to only the buddy club rear bumper and not the hatch.;)

fsugatorbait
03-02-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Sivicboi
I think that price refers to only the buddy club rear bumper and not the hatch.;)

Yup. :)

boostedep3
03-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Sivicboi

your right...the description is right under the picture...the importfan hatch is nice..649 though

02SilverSiHB
03-07-2004, 10:08 AM
I guess the vis hatch will look cool..but not much in weight savings...that's what I'm getting from vis products. I felt a vis hood today compared to a stock one...it almost felt like the vis was heavier :rolleyes:

WideBody EP3
03-07-2004, 10:45 AM
guys the hatch defiantly weighs less than the factory hatch, at least my CF hatch doez, I got mine from VIS, before they only sold the JDM hatch and when i got mine they sent me the USDM hatcvh so there is almost no modifying at all, as for the window, if you have full coverage on your insurance they should cover it. I took my OEM hatch off and put it away some where and then put on the CF hatch and then called my insurance and told them my window was smashed out. Usaully they just send a local company to replace it and they don't care if the window was there or not as long as they get there money. If you need the USDM VIS hatch send me an email and i can get you a price shipped email me at blackvtec02@aol.com

Sivicboi
03-07-2004, 04:53 PM
Hey how much could you get a hatch for? I just ordered mine from showstoppers for $499.00 shipped. That's the best price I could find.

FCobra94
03-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by WideBody EP3
as for the window, if you have full coverage on your insurance they should cover it. I took my OEM hatch off and put it away some where and then put on the CF hatch and then called my insurance and told them my window was smashed out. Usaully they just send a local company to replace it and they don't care if the window was there or not as long as they get there money.
OMG! hahah

WideBody EP3
03-07-2004, 09:56 PM
i will find out tomorrow send me an email and we can talk