PDA

View Full Version : Did I get OWNED?

LsVtecStolen
10-21-2003, 11:53 PM
After many countless hours of work and numerous headaches.. I finally gave up!:mad: I was installing a Jackson Racing Header for the RSX Type S on my EP. I know that DynaSpeed has done this install sucessfully and everything does work.

My friend noticed something wrong with the header. He concluded that they made the header wrong. The flange that attaches to the head of the car is backwards. I have taken some pictures to make this easier..

http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/LsVtecStolen/paint2.JPGthis pic was taken from a website that sells the JR header..

http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/LsVtecStolen/paint4.JPGThis is my header.. the one I recieved in the mail

http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/LsVtecStolen/paint1.JPG
http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/LsVtecStolen/paint3.JPG
http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/LsVtecStolen/paint5.JPG
http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/LsVtecStolen/Rearview.jpg

So, the flanges are different.. I dunno if its just my stupidity or if its the manfacturer's fault. What should I do? I was thinking of contacting Jackson Racing about this.

Thanks for your help guys in advance.. Sorry for the rant..:D

oldschoolimport
10-22-2003, 12:56 AM
maybe they think that you have to use a mirror to install the header.:smilem:
seriously, I would contact jackson. from what I have been told by people who swear by JR, they have great customer service. refer them to this post or email the pic of the flange in front of the monitor and they will realize the situation. good luck

snarff
10-22-2003, 07:03 AM
yeah u got owned!!!hahaha :yellm: :tongue:

yea just send it back man..hehehe..and no u wont get a supercharger as an exchange for ur misshap

LsVtecStolen
10-22-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by oldschoolimport
maybe they think that you have to use a mirror to install the header.:smilem:

Funny thing is, I actually used a mirror to check if all the holes lined up properly.. it didn't:mad:

Gonna contact Jackson Racing and rant to them about this! Now I just got to wait for them to open... stupid time zone difference.

ApexinSi
10-22-2003, 07:14 AM
those welds look like dookie :(

jereds02si
10-22-2003, 07:16 AM
That sucks for you. I would be raising immortal hell if that happened to me.

LsVtecStolen
10-22-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by jereds02si
That sucks for you. I would be raising immortal hell if that happened to me.

Maybe is Jackson Racing sees how pissed off I am and you guys are maybe they would "give" me a supercharger for their mistake.;)

snarff
10-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by LsVtecStolen
Maybe is Jackson Racing sees how pissed off I am and you guys are maybe they would "give" me a supercharger for their mistake.;)

keep on dreaming man!!!hahaaahhaha..just go back to sleep where they will give u a supercharger..hahaha:p

DynaSpeed
10-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Oh man... sorry bro - And I told you to keep tryin' at it too! :o

But I do see the difference.... the pic of mine from the other thread:

http://a0.cpimg.com/image/78/DA/21108600-040f-01F4015A-.jpg

The "Curvy" end of the flange should be on the left and the "Flat" part should be right... just like you said, exactly opposite of what you have. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is call and explain to them how upset you are at their quality control.

JLannoo
10-22-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by ApexinSi

I thought the same thing. Also Why does it look all pieced together...is the factory one the same way?

MrFoxMan
10-22-2003, 08:42 AM
Call who you got it from. J/R has put a recall on that whole batch. They were all done that way & they will have to send you a new one.

limp_noodle
10-22-2003, 10:29 AM
I was with LsVtec when he was doing the install and I was definately getting pissed. I was under his car holding up the header while he was trying to line it up and bolt it to the head. I kep on noticing that the two holes on either side never matched up adn I kept on wonder if the header doesn't fit right.

Well I guess we should have checked to see if everything lined up in ther first place to avoid all of this. :D

And those welds do look like dookie. I mean they even welded the header all wrong and stuff. Look at the header you have Ryan and look at the header in the picture from the website. They didn't go all the way around. :p BOOO!

My header is welded the same way and it looks like crap.

Type X
10-22-2003, 02:36 PM
sucks mang

when you get the replacement shoot me a pm i wanna take a spin by and watch the install :D

STP03BlueSI
10-22-2003, 02:39 PM
damn that sucks

anjapower
10-22-2003, 02:54 PM
that sucks man, hopefully you can get it taken care of.

Let us know how it goes cause I plan on doing something similar. What are you using for your exhaust setup? Are you using the test pipe that came with it? What mods have to be done if you just want to use the header w/o the test pipe portion on the EP3?

LsVtecStolen
10-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Type X
sucks mang

when you get the replacement shoot me a pm i wanna take a spin by and watch the install :D

No doubt Mike:cool:

I got in contact with the website I ordered from, Summit Racing, and they did tell me that Jackson Racing were recalling the last batch of the racing headers for the Type S. They also told me that Jackson Racing would not give me a replacement because they are "revamping" the production on that specific header. Bottom line is that I will not be recieving a race header from them anytime soon. The customer service at Summit was very nice and helpful and told me that I would have to send back the header to them free of charge. I would be more than glad to get rid of that horrible PIECE OF SHIT!! Jackson Racing isn't even offering any compensation to their mistake. I don't blame Summit Racing, I blame Jackson Racing for being a "million dollar" company that doesn't inspect their own product before sending it out. I am really pissed because this header has been on back order for a little over a month and to recieve it in the mail with a lot of anticipation just to end up not having fit because some dumbass welded it wrong?!?! What morons! Not even a free supercharger can even compensate for the time I wasted waiting for that POS!!!!:mad:

Just to sum it all up.. NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH JACKSON RACING. Not even if they offer to suck my d*ck!

TrippZ
10-22-2003, 10:07 PM
would oyu do business with me if I offered to suck your dick? ;)

nah for real man that sucks. i feel for you. let us know how it goes though eh

Vivid-Cruz
10-22-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by ApexinSi

agreed.. a fukn monkey could weld that!

Brettnyt
10-22-2003, 10:17 PM
ONE WORD...

DynaSpeed
10-23-2003, 07:52 AM
Just to sum it all up.. NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH JACKSON RACING

I will also NEVER do business with Jackson again... not for a supercharger, header, anything.... and I even got a header that worked well. It was the whole procedure to actually get it to my door that was apparently way too much for them to handle as a company.
They flat-out lied to me for months about it.

Sorry Oscar... you won't be receiving a dime from me or any of my other local acquaintances.

LsVtecStolen
10-24-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
I will also NEVER do business with Jackson again... not for a supercharger, header, anything.... and I even got a header that worked well. It was the whole procedure to actually get it to my door that was apparently way too much for them to handle as a company.
They flat-out lied to me for months about it.

Sorry Oscar... you won't be receiving a dime from me or any of my other local acquaintances.

Yeah man.. I know how you feel. I'd rather spend the extra money and recieve great customer service than save money and get screwed.

I've been spreading the word to my friends in New Jersey not to buy ANY product from Jackson Racing.. not even a supercharger, it might not fit properly;) So to all who is reading this post.. "Do not buy any products from Jackson Racing"

priest6479
10-24-2003, 10:42 AM
Call Jackosn and tell them you want Jessie James to weld you a new set of headers.

Zero Three Si
10-24-2003, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't say you got owned....you just got ripped off.....when you call them their number will probably be disconnected.

Brettnyt
10-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I wouldn't say you got owned....you just got ripped off.....when you call them their number will probably be disconnected.

Dont ruin it! It is so much more fun to say owned than ripped off...

bastos
10-28-2003, 02:58 PM
not only did you get owned... you got fawked... SIDEWAYS!

LsVtecStolen
10-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by bastos
not only did you get owned... you got fawked... SIDEWAYS!

Yup.. with no KY:eek:

I truly hate you Jackson Racing.. hate you soO much:mad:

simann
10-30-2003, 12:17 PM
all ise got to say is DAMN YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackson racing header is ugly anyway, how much does it retail for anyways? ALOT.......:mad: :rolleyes:

they just lost alot of business because of this!