PDA

View Full Version : Camber Kit needs to be re-aligned?

SmoothOperator
10-23-2003, 07:30 PM
Well I noticed my rear, passenger tires camber is out. I installed my camber kit maybe, 5 months ago. Is this common? I realize that hitting potholes, and bumps in the road will mess up your allignment. But, so soon?
Just wondering if anybody else has had to straighten out their wheels after having a camber kit put on, and alligned?

word...booty
10-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Do you have the Ingalls kit? I had mine installed about two months ago at London Honda. I noticed that my rear camber is out a bit compared to the front, but nothing compared to before I had the kit put on.

The camber kit also makes some pretty harsh noises when I go over bumps, so I'm probably gonna have the dealership take a look at it next time I'm in town.

SmoothOperator
10-23-2003, 09:39 PM
I should explain myself better.....
I have a camber kit installed, only in the rear. My allignment is fine. But it seems one tire (passenger rear), has negative camber again. If the kit needs to be re-adjusted every 7,000 kilometers, that would suck!

Do you have the Ingalls kit? I had mine installed about two months ago at London Honda. I noticed that my rear camber is out a bit compared to the front, but nothing compared to before I had the kit put on.
Yeah I have the Ingalls Kit. And on mine,the rear camber is much better than it was. But as you suggested, they're not quite as straight as the fronts.

The camber kit also makes some pretty harsh noises when I go over bumps
I'm not experiencing this at all. Perhaps you dumped your car lower than I did?