PDA

View Full Version : Tenzo AV7

BSEVEER
10-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Just wondering if anyone has the Tenzo AV7 on their car. I'm considering this wheel and would like to see some pics, so, anyone with these wheels please post some pics.:D

seattlecivic
10-24-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
Just wondering if anyone has the Tenzo AV7 on their car. I'm considering this wheel and would like to see some pics, so, anyone with these wheels please post some pics.:D

Here is some AV7's with Yoko parada's on my last civic... They are kinda old school man. Still nice ^_^ I don't think I would put them on my black EP now.

seattlecivic
10-24-2003, 10:48 AM
I take back what I said about not wanting to put it on the EP... Check out this link of "CIVICSIR's" Black ep. VERY NICE!

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15529&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

Old school or not... still nice ;-)

Brettnyt
10-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by seattlecivic
Here is some AV7's with Yoko parada's on my last civic... They are kinda old school man. Still nice ^_^ I don't think I would put them on my black EP now.

Damn dude, that looks really nice....

BSEVEER
10-24-2003, 12:43 PM
That does look good. My ep is silver and I am going to go with the silver wheels. The color match is about as good as you can get. I think the AV7's are about 19lbs, anyone know any different? That would make the wheel/tire combo about 39lbs, pretty much the same as stock. I think this would maintain performance fairly well, what do you guys think?:D

Civicvtec1ps
10-24-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
That does look good. My ep is silver and I am going to go with the silver wheels. The color match is about as good as you can get. I think the AV7's are about 19lbs, anyone know any different? That would make the wheel/tire combo about 39lbs, pretty much the same as stock. I think this would maintain performance fairly well, what do you guys think?:D more rotational mass=slower acceleration. just think of that way. you arent going faster with bigger wheels.what kind size tires are you getting? people are so concerned about the weight of their rims they forget about the weight of tires duh... the tire is actually more important due to it being even further away from the center of rotation. here are some weights i got for 215-45-17:

Yokohama ES100 - 23.1 lbs
Toyo T1-S - 20.1 lbs
Falken GRB 451 - 24.3 lbs
Falken Ziex 512 - 19.8 lbs
Kumho Ecsta Supra - 23.0 lbs
Kumho Ecsta MX - 21.0 lbs

my wheel tire combo come out around 40. 19.8lbs for tires, 17-18lbs for each wheel.(adr c pros).gunmetal looks HOT on silver cars. still heavy. but i dont care about performance on ep so:D

BSEVEER
10-24-2003, 02:42 PM
I read the whole thread on wheel weight, thought I was back in school there for a while.:D I am planning on getting some Falken Ziex 512 (19.8 lbs) I'm thinking that this package, right around 40lbs or a little less would not hurt performance very much if at all. The unsprung weight would be the same so there would be no issues related to that. I understand the rotational mass would be moved out from the center when compared to the stock set up thus affecting performance by some amount. I guess I'm just hoping that there would be no "noticeable" difference in performance. I'm not trying to open up the whole "wheel weight" discussion again, just looking for some feedback. I don't think I can afford a "light weight" wheel/tire setup. I can get the Tenzo AV7 with the Falken Ziex 512 215/45/17 for $890. The thing is, I'm not that crazy about the looks of many of the "light weight" wheels on the market and the ones I do like are super expensive and not even available, like the Velox PG-Rev8, a good looking light weight wheel that nobody even has.

Brettnyt
10-24-2003, 03:14 PM
Here are some white Motegi MR7's... Very similar to the AV7... But these are PS'ed

BSEVEER
10-24-2003, 03:30 PM
I like the Motegi's also, the only problem is that they weigh about 24 lbs, a little to porky for me. Also, like a lot of other wheels, I don't like the recessed area on the spoke where they put their name plate, that is a deal breaker for me. I want a clean spoke, free from advertising.:D