PDA

View Full Version : so SICK of driving my EP that I'm considering a trade-in

cbecker333
10-24-2003, 12:08 PM
When I get in the car, I can't deny that almost everything about it is perfect - the interior and the size, shape of the car's body are absolutely awesome. I like almost everything about it - but when I got the car I liked ABSOLUTELY everything about it. The problem is I have crunchy shifting in all forward gears and my dealer refuses to acknowledge this. Its so shitty that I can't even stand being in the car anymore, and I nolonger respect the car enough to even wash it once a week. I can't even remember the last time I waxed her...and now when she picks up door dings I don't even give a fuck because all I can think about is that fucking crappy shifter.

Anyway, I'm considering a trade-in for a V6 accord...

EP3_DC5
10-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Don't give up on the EP!!! It's still a good car, just keep pushing to get your synchros fixed. Eventually the dealership will do it, or take it to another dealer.
The Accord V6 is a good car, but pretty boring. Try the RSX-S =) haha

simione
10-24-2003, 12:13 PM
do what you have to do. just make sure you get a v6 6speed. or try to find a dealer elswhere to fix the tranny

andy
10-24-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by simione
do what you have to do. just make sure you get a v6 6speed. or try to find a dealer elswhere to fix the tranny

Yes, try another dealer. Surely there is another one within 1 or 2
hrs drive. If that doesn't work and it's still unbearable, trade it
in/sell it. It's only a car - shouldn't make you hate your life. ;)

cbecker333
10-24-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by andy
It's only a car - shouldn't make you hate your life. ;)

:):):):) haha

I have sent an email out to my extended family, most of whom own hondas, asking for recommendations about where to take the EP. Thanks for the suggestions, all.

Zero Three Si
10-24-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by cbecker333
:):):):) haha

I have sent an email out to my extended family, most of whom own hondas, asking for recommendations about where to take the EP. Thanks for the suggestions, all.

You must have bought your EP from STC Honda over on 64. Take her to Honda of Lisle right off of 88 and Rt. 53.

I bought my EP from Valley Honda in Aurora....they are dicks. If you are going to trade your EP in...at least let me help you make some money off me. I'll buy any parts you are willing to sell including your wing. I only work like 10 minutes from your house.

todaCspec
10-24-2003, 01:04 PM
Trade it in for an 04 SI, 5-lug rocks!

BarracksSi
10-24-2003, 01:12 PM
I'll agree about finding a different dealer. It's your car, and you don't have to be "stuck" with any single dealership.

You said yourself that everything about the car is great except for something that a PARTICULAR dealer is pulling an attitude over. It's probably one of the rare bad trannies out there, and it can be fixed.

cbecker333
10-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
You must have bought your EP from STC Honda over on 64. Take her to Honda of Lisle right off of 88 and Rt. 53.

I bought my EP from Valley Honda in Aurora....they are dicks. If you are going to trade your EP in...at least let me help you make some money off me. I'll buy any parts you are willing to sell including your wing. I only work like 10 minutes from your house.

Roger that! thanks for the info! And YES, VALLEY HONDA IN AURORA IS A HUGE DICKFEST. I got absolutely zero respect when I went there for a test drive, the salesmen wouldn't even let my friend ride with. Hopefully I'll get this fixed and you won't have to worry about buying the wing :)

Zero Three Si
10-24-2003, 01:27 PM
Hey man...there is a civic meet in Schaumburg tomorrow...do you want to go with? there is supposed to be like 30+ cars there.

STP03BlueSI
10-24-2003, 01:33 PM
Give them threats that you will go to another dealership. Thats what i did with my wifes car. She has a 99RS Eclipse Black. and well the paint is REALLY BAD. So took it in 4 weeks ago. well on tues i went by myself and ripped them a brand new one. Well now the car is at a Mits body shop gettin a BRAND NEW paint job...no charge.:smilem:

Just do what i do..raise alittle hell. :winkm:

cbecker333
10-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Hey man...there is a civic meet in Schaumburg tomorrow...do you want to go with? there is supposed to be like 30+ cars there.
Not unless my car is totalled and replaced with a new EP by tomorrow ;) I just have no love for the EP and no desire to represent right now. I do hope that can change, though.

Zero Three Si
10-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Not unless my car is totalled and replaced with a new EP by tomorrow ;) I just have no love for the EP and no desire to represent right now. I do hope that can change, though.

Who cares man...it's at hooters in schaumburg....if anything come have a beer with me....check out some EP's and some breasts...chicken breasts that is.

IceD out N CALI
10-24-2003, 01:43 PM
u can trade up but not really worth it. too much loss in trade in to make that move

cbecker333
10-24-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
u can trade up but not really worth it. too much loss in trade in to make that move

Yeah I actually looked and when I found that there isn't an LX V6 with manual I decided that was not for me. I can't afford an EX at all.....

Plus smooth leather seats suck if you like to drive fast through the twisties.....

Plus its not a hatchback...oh man that would suck.

cbecker333
10-24-2003, 01:52 PM
Who cares man...it's at hooters in schaumburg....if anything come have a beer with me....check out some EP's and some breasts...chicken breasts that is.

Congrats on just passing 666 posts, dude! thats my favorite number. Anyway, uhh...yeah I have to talk to my girl because I think we have plans for tomorrow but since I didn't plan it, I can't really remember it :eek:

03SI4life
10-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Yum, V6, 6speed... lots o power!!

Go for it... least it's another Honda!

chubbychu
10-24-2003, 04:07 PM
maybe...you should wait for someone to make a new tranny. for us lol!

Peking
10-24-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
maybe...you should wait for someone to make a new tranny. for us lol!

Yeah, or something like that. I was planning on buying a new tranny in a few years. Along with a new clutch :D Type-S tranny seems like a great idea :)

Dunrick
10-24-2003, 04:27 PM
Trade it in...so I don't feel obligated to reply to these threads...

bobdobbs
10-24-2003, 04:32 PM
I think the only solution here is a 6-speed swap. Might as well do an A2 as well while you're at it. :D

cj miller
10-25-2003, 04:36 AM
mucho problema

blueiedgod
10-25-2003, 07:00 AM
Yeah I actually looked and when I found that there isn't an LX V6 with manual I decided that was not for me. I can't afford an EX at all.....

Plus smooth leather seats suck if you like to drive fast through the twisties.....

Plus its not a hatchback...oh man that would suck.

The 2.4 EX is as much as the V6LX, but it is more fun to drive. And 2.4 EX is available with 5 spd and no leather. One thing I don't like about the new Accord, is the size. It is humangous, it is the size of grandma's Buick. I think TSX is a better Accord. Honda may have discontinued the Prelude, but I think TSX fits the niche perfectly. I have not driven one yet, and as much as I like it, I wish they had one without the leather.

jaydub
10-25-2003, 07:15 AM
There are SO many options here. Try different dealers, document EVERYTHING. There are lemon laws for reasons like this, and while I don't believe your car is a lemon, getting close to it would push the service dept. to make sure the car is fixed correctly.

Zero Three Si
10-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Shut up...drive your door dinged EP!!! Stop complaining!

IceD out N CALI
10-25-2003, 10:51 AM
Shut up...drive your door dinged EP!!! Stop complaining!

straight to da point:blushm:

jaydub
10-25-2003, 10:54 AM
hehe I think the point is that you'll be hard pressed to find sympathy from a group of diehard EP enthusiasts. :p

IceD out N CALI
10-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
hehe I think the point is that you'll be hard pressed to find sympathy from a group of diehard EP enthusiasts. :p

true true

Zero Three Si
10-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Budwiser

TRUE