PDA

View Full Version : JSIR how much did HotRod charge for the midpipe

JackHerer
09-10-2002, 02:45 PM
thanks and what size did you get?

David K.
09-10-2002, 02:49 PM
If you live by them they can help you. I emailed them and they replied that they didn't make a jig or measurments or anything. I wanted them to make me one but I'm in Dallas and they need my car to do it. If you cannot find a place near you that can mandrel bend, call MBRP (also in Canada). They will sell you the midpipe from their Si kit seperately. It's mandrel bent with a resonator. Good luck.

JSIR
09-10-2002, 08:24 PM
I haven't bought one from them yet, I've been experimenting with cheap crush bent pipes right now as I wasn't sure if I would like the midpipe or not. Now that I like the sound I am going to get them to make one for me next.

Last time I spoke with them they said mandrel bends are $45 each, I figure they will need about 3 mandrel bends. I think aluminized pipe will cost around $200, stainless around $300. I'm not totally sure until I take my car down to them. If I were you I would visit them and they will be able to give you a firm price.

Since I am using the stock muffler, I think a two inch mandrel bent mid-pipe should be sufficient. I may go with 2.25" mandrel bent pipe at the largest. I would not go larger than 2.25". Isn't the MBRP piping 2.5" ?. I'm waiting for my intake to arrive, then I have to do a bit more dyno testing , then if all goes well I should know exactly what size mid-pipe I may need.

SmoothOperator
09-10-2002, 08:27 PM
Isn't the MBRP piping 2.5" ?.

Nope, The MBRP exhaust piping is 2.25" as well. Perhaps you were thinking of the Thermal exhaust, it's 2.5"

DrPimpSiR
09-10-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by JSIR
Isn't the MBRP piping 2.5" ?.
No, 2.25" - I've got one on my car.