PDA

View Full Version : Home Made Intake - Vacuum sound?

TrippZ
09-10-2002, 02:50 PM
Last nite i put on a homemade intake, and it sounds pretty mean, but there's like a vacuum sound, and there are 2 hoses that are prety much just dangling there...

1) am i supposed to atke the WHOLE air box out?

2) what do i do with that small grey hose and the softer black hose under the harder hose where the intake goes?

please help me!

02SilverSiHB
09-10-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
Last nite i put on a homemade intake, and it sounds pretty mean, but there's like a vacuum sound, and there are 2 hoses that are prety much just dangling there...

1) am i supposed to atke the WHOLE air box out?

2) what do i do with that small grey hose and the softer black hose under the harder hose where the intake goes?

please help me!
It seems even the typhoon makes that sound. It's normal from my understanding.

1. Yes, take the intire air box out.

2. I'm guessing you are talking about the small hose that would connect to the bottom of the stock air box if it was there. you can leave it or take it out. To make sure again, it's the one that leads to the upper grill that you are talking about.

02SilverSiHB
09-10-2002, 03:04 PM
I'm still confused as to what hoses you are talking about.

here's a pic of what mine used to look like:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p855ecd0366481a1877e21880390c8950/fd64fc23.jpg

The only hose there is the one that is of course connected to the throttle body and the filter. I removed the small hose that you see to the left of the filter, well, I didn't remove the whole thing, just part of it. that's the hose that sends unused vapor back to the intake....it's not needed, it's just for emissions.

There was a hose under the one that has the filter. That one lead to the bottom opening of the stock air box. Like I said, leave it or take it out, doesn't matter

TrippZ
09-10-2002, 03:34 PM
but you know what i mean right? if you PM me, and gimme your #, i'll call you w/ my phone card and see if you can hear it (keep in mind im 15 so i cant really molest you or anything)