PDA

View Full Version : college or turbo?

VIZHUNZ02SI
10-26-2003, 11:15 PM
this may sound stupid
but ive been wanting to get a turbo kit
i even went as far as havin a shop put a kit together
it includes
rev hard turbo kit with out the reflash 3000.
e-manage 400.
440cc rc injectors 500.
hks bov switch in for the delta bov
a slightly bigger ic maybe from spearco
stage 3 act clutch kit 700 inc labor
egt n boost gauge fom greddy 80. each
two pillar por from autometer 60.
and labor for da turbo kit is 700.
grand total of 5520.

now my wife is telling me i should start going back to college
and leave the car alone
what should i do either way i have to pay for something for the rest of my life ya know.
so i was considering giving up my ep for and ls integra or an older model si 99 00 but i dunno
any inputs

bobdobbs
10-26-2003, 11:19 PM
If going back to college means you could learn to type in complete sentences, with punctuation, I'd say your wife is right.

andy
10-26-2003, 11:30 PM
Harsh, dobbs, harsh. But funny nonetheless...

Vizhun, it's your money (obviously), but if the choice is truly
between college and a turbo kit, go to school. A turbo (even though
you did a good job of pricing out everything before hand) will still
incur hidden costs down the road - slicks (if you want to put the kit
to good use on a track), lsd, maintenance, etc.

A decent degree should hopefully get you a job that will allow you to
purchase many, many turbos down the road. And if all you really want
is a fast straight line car, there are much, much cheaper ways to do
it.

BlackFL2k2Si
10-27-2003, 12:13 AM
Well, turbo = 5500 now. School = More than 5500 in the future. So techniquelly after school you will still be able to buy a turbo. In general, the job(s) you will get after school will allow you to gain more money so that you can buy a turbo.

ep pilot
10-27-2003, 12:22 AM
This might be what they call a no-brainer.....No?

-Ryan

VIZHUNZ02SI
10-27-2003, 05:36 AM
thanx guys

STP03BlueSI
10-27-2003, 06:02 AM
College..Thats the way i would go. OR while you are in college have ur wife buy u a turbo for getting good grades:winkm: :smilem: :angelm:

SiR Medic
10-27-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
If going back to college means you could learn to type in complete sentences, with punctuation, I'd say your wife is right.

VERY harsh...

But also VERY true...

"Be cool... Go back to school!";)

Just curious, but what is your current level of schooling? What do you do for a living?

I mean, if you are already a neurosurgeon, and your going back to school to get your master's degree in Scandanavian Feminist Basket-Weaving... Get the turbo!

If you say "Would you like fries with that?" as part of your job... Go back to school!

VIZHUNZ02SI
10-27-2003, 06:55 AM
lol naw
i did a year and a half a bcc studyin in graphics design
but i started to slack off n jus went when ever i felt like it because i end up paying for my classes
as far as what i do for a living. i work as a pharmacy tech certified n all at walgreens (cheap bastards)

sniperSI
10-27-2003, 07:39 AM
who needs an education when you have boost!@

Peking
10-27-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by sniperSI
who needs an education when you have boost!@

Yes, boost is the answer to all your problems kinda like drinking ;)

Just kidding, go back to school. So you can show off your ride to all those kids:D

!@#$%
10-27-2003, 08:46 AM

dick.

i hope you never reply to any of my posts.

RiceCzechs
10-27-2003, 09:06 AM
School. No Question. Long after your Si has given up the ghost, furthering your education will help you secure a job which which will give you money for future playthings. I'm involved with automobiles far more than the average, but I wouldn't hesitate to answer this question for a second. Get your butt back to class. :)

IceD out N CALI
10-27-2003, 10:34 AM
college man

stephen
10-27-2003, 10:52 AM
When you live your life a quarter mile at a time, who really needs college?

bobdobbs
10-27-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
i hope you never reply to any of my posts.
I won't. I promise.

cmk05
10-27-2003, 11:23 AM
another tough one!

Zero Three Si
10-27-2003, 11:25 AM
If you have to ask us....I think the answer is pretty obvious.

dj addicted
10-27-2003, 07:45 PM
look at it this way... if you have the cash already... do both!!! STUDENT LOANS AND GRANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe...

eurosteez
10-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Turbo, then school. then you won't be late to your classes...:D

Zero Three Si
10-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by VIZHUNZ02SI
lol naw
but i started to slack off n jus went when ever i felt like it because i end up paying for my classes
as far as what i do for a living. i work as a pharmacy tech certified n all at walgreens (cheap bastards)

Considering you're about the same age as me...I would definitly advise you to get your degree. I am in no way bragging because I'm not a high roller YET!!! But I graduated with my bachalors when I was 20 and have been working now for 4 years. Over those 4 years I've made almost 160,000 dollars. I have a buddy that is the same age as you and has been goofing off and still is attending a 4 year university. Obviously you can see the differences. Your wife is probably one of the very few people in your life that will ever look out for your best interests. Remember...if she isnt' happy with you, you won't get any nookie....and more than likely some other guy will take your nookie. Hopefully you'll take this constructive criticism to heart, which it is ment to build you up and not tear you down.

ep3guy
10-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Go to school, apply for financial aid, cash check and go get your turbo.

elroygun
10-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Dude,

Go to college. Pharmacy tech is a good start, but pharmacists make really good money. Maybe Walgreen's will even pay for you to go to school to be a pharmacist? Have you considered that?

Some colleges even have racing teams that let you work on race cars on a volunteer basis...you can get your rocks off that way and still go to school.

On the other hand...if you are not going to focus and just mess around...college can be the biggest waste of time.

bobdobbs
10-27-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by ep3guy
Go to school, apply for financial aid, cash check and go get your turbo.
BWwwaahahahahahaha!

chubbychu
10-27-2003, 08:44 PM
man, go to school! its not like you cant do both though

Brettnyt
10-27-2003, 10:52 PM

LMAO! That got me laughin....

EDIT: Oh yeah, go to school man...

Brettnyt
10-27-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by stephen
When you live your life a quarter mile at a time, who really needs college?

The one who does not know how long a quarter mile is... :D

ep3guy
10-28-2003, 01:36 AM
BWwwaahahahahahaha!

That's how I got my turbo kit. :D

Zero Three Si
10-28-2003, 07:42 AM
That's how I got my turbo kit. :D

I'd hate to see what your credit report looks like.

LASI02
10-28-2003, 11:12 AM
10 years from now would you rather be saying, I had a turbo one time or I have a college education.

jerky
10-28-2003, 11:34 AM
just get the turbo.

psylovibe
10-28-2003, 11:57 AM
what a stupid question!I'd go to school...from there get a good job to afford your turbo...or a new car.

ep3guy
10-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
I'd hate to see what your credit report looks like.

It looks really good actually. :)

Karim
10-28-2003, 05:38 PM
neither, give your money to me! :D

If you don't feel liek doing that I say school so with that education you can make a lot more money and say "screw turboing the ep, i'm just gonna buy a faster car" :cool:

Karim

IknowApirate
10-28-2003, 06:35 PM
If you're considering a turbo over higher education, get the turbo. I doubt the additional schooling will do you much good. Actually, get a turbo and a hooker and try to get your wife in on a threesome because I think your life will peak with just a turbo for your Honda Civic.

bobnone
10-28-2003, 06:47 PM
After carefully considering your previous post, I can only recommend the turbo as the right course of action for you.

Here is why

Your first paper that I grade reads something like this:

"
lol naw
as far as what i do for a living. i work as a pharmacy tech certified n all at walgreens (cheap bastards)"

Grade F-

(for too many reasons to list, well grammar and spelling to start)

Next week, kicked out of college

Rueda del Queso
10-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Go to college, but not just any college. Make sure they have an FSAE group there (formula society of automotive engineers). They get funding from the school to build go-kart type cars that are wicked fast. Just join the group and convince them they need to get a stage 3 turbo for it. Then, when no one is looking, you smack everyone over the head with some IC piping and run off with the turbo.

bobdobbs
10-28-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by IknowApirate
I doubt the additional schooling will do you much good.
Pirate, tellin' it like it is!

Zero Three Si
10-28-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by VIZHUNZ02SI
lol naw

Everybody download the song "Aw Naw" by Nappy Roots. You probably won't like the song but you'll get a good laugh and it will probably sound like this guy.

TrippZ
10-28-2003, 09:31 PM
college...

just ...

god... what a dumb question...

college...

simann
10-30-2003, 12:11 PM
GO TO COLLEDGE, GET A DEGREE IN SOMETHING THAT INTERESTS YOU, THEN GET A REALLY GOOD PAYING JOB......then you can work on your car, and have a happy wife because you made a good decision for you both!
she will love you even more becuase YOU took the incintive to better yourself and future for both of you, and you might have better sex hahahaha ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D

This is written by an 18 year old kid that is going through the same thing....except i am not married but i have a really good relationship going for me right now..7 months woowoo! I chose to go to colledge and spend time to better myself, i cant help but thank my parents and girlfriend on pushing me to go....i know it will be for the best!:D ;)

God bless you and my prayers are with you!

Zero Three Si
10-30-2003, 12:16 PM
Go to college...find another hot chick and you and your wife can tag team her.

VIZHUNZ02SI
10-30-2003, 05:49 PM
lol

IknowApirate
10-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by simann
I chose to go to colledge and spend time to better myself

Colledge, eh? That self-betterment project must've been a short one.

IceD out N CALI
10-30-2003, 10:21 PM
Sucks to say this, but I need the money for something else. My brand new Greddy kit is for sale.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=260023

dam man that sucks

Brettnyt
10-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
college...

just ...

god... what a dumb question...

college...

Agreed....

Zero Three Si
11-26-2003, 06:53 PM