PDA

View Full Version : Spoon Springs worth it???????????

civicracer1128
10-27-2003, 09:22 AM
i ask cause it seems like an easy solution to alot of problems.

progress springs.....the perfect drop. looks wise anyway. thats what i wanted origionally.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.....then comes blown shocks. due to the drop and that i drive around DC id say stock shocks would last 2-3 months tops. and as theres no options for us ep'rs id have to spend 500 on konis.

then comes camber. front ive heard might be ok but rear wont. now im an old EK guy so i dont worry about rear anything as theres no wieght back there anyway. dropped my old civic 2.25 and the rears were way off and never wore. but you guys are freakin out so im gonna guess that im wrong and a camber kit would be necessary as well.

so....spoon springs, designed to work with stock shocks, about 1" drop, no camber kit needed, since im not using one no alignment is necessary.(they cant adjust anything without one) $300 and im done.

progress springs....150+500 for shocks+60 or so for rear camber kit+80-90 for alignment. so basically 800 for more drop.

which way to go???????? spoon seems like a good route to me. anybody else using em???????????

r3p00c
10-27-2003, 10:00 AM
i'm just going with ground controls or pro-kits. with either one you can keep your car at a level that won't blow your stock shocks, but will still rid your car of that nasty wheel gap. no need for a camber kit either (of course while having your coilovers set at around 1" lower than stock)...

civicracer1128
10-27-2003, 10:34 AM
yeah i thought about the coilover thing as well. i might end up going that route just so i can lower it or raise it when i want. costs about the same as the spoon springs as well. the only worry i have is that theyre gonna be noisy:( but i guess i could jsut get someone who knows what theyre doing to install em rather than myself doing it.:D