PDA

View Full Version : Sooo, I've been waiting on an ABS sensor for two weeks now.

jaydub
10-27-2003, 12:15 PM
I had taken my car in two weeks ago because I hit a rubber donut in the road (used to hold up road cones) and afterward my ABS light came on. Of course, they blamed it on my "lowered suspension" which was to be expected, but apparently the part is on back order.

I just thought that was ghey.

bobdobbs
10-27-2003, 12:18 PM
WTF? They can't get ahold of a part that used in HOW MANY different Civic models, and maybe the CRV? Is this an Si-specific part?

jaydub
10-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
WTF? They can't get ahold of a part that used in HOW MANY different Civic models, and maybe the CRV? Is this an Si-specific part?

I'm assuming it is specific. :rolleyes:

I think I should call another dealership and see if they have it in stock though, maybe they won't make me pay for it. :D

Zero Three Si
10-27-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
I'm assuming it is specific. :rolleyes:

I think I should call another dealership and see if they have it in stock though, maybe they won't make me pay for it. :D

If they are making you pay for it...I would most definitly go to another dealer. You know enough about cars where i shouldn't have to tell you that your springs are making your ABS light go off. I can't imagen that all the civic models have COMPLETELY different models of brakes.

bobdobbs
10-27-2003, 02:26 PM
Isn't it cheaper from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com anyhow?

Zero Three Si
10-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Isn't it cheaper from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com anyhow?

I can't agree with it being cheaper....it should be free. Regardless what happen to the sensor....you have at the bare minimum 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. HONDA FIX THE DAMN PART AND STOP JACKING JAYDUB AROUND!

bobdobbs
10-27-2003, 02:47 PM
True, but it looks like jaydub already gave up on that fight. Any reason why, Jay?

jaydub
10-27-2003, 04:20 PM
True, but it looks like jaydub already gave up on that fight. Any reason why, Jay?
Actually nothing has been done yet. I paid for an alignment when I was there (and that's all so far) but beyond that I haven't paid a dime. I think part of it was that I was trying to maintain a good rapport with my local dealer, and the other dealers are REALLY across town. :\

Because I haven't paid for anything, I'm going to make an appt. at another dealership when I get back into town next week, so I can get that shit taken care of elsewhere.