PDA

View Full Version : Just got my random High flow Cat./downpipe today

SOUTHPAW
10-27-2003, 01:44 PM
I thought that random technology just made a high flow cat. and I would have to get a downpipe made because the picture on there website just showed the catalytic converter. But, it's a one piece high flow cat./downpipe. It connects to the headers on one end and my midpipe on the other. Best part is, that it's emission's legal in all 50 states, and it won't void your cars factory warranty. Also, its all stainless steel, so its going to last a long time, plus random technology offers a five year warranty on it. I get it put on my car Nov. 10, so I'll let ya'll know how it is. I think the addition of this downpipe/cat. is going to give me a nice feel when it's put on because I already have DC stainless steel 4-2-1 headers and a Greddy evo. cat. back exhaust.

JapanExpress
10-27-2003, 01:58 PM
how much was it, and where did you get it from?

SOUTHPAW
10-27-2003, 02:01 PM
I ordered it from tornactive.com and with shipping and everything it came out to be $298.00(well worth it).

Zero Three Si
10-27-2003, 02:39 PM
Why is it being installed 2 weeks from today? Also, do you have the stock/oem midpipe on there currently?

SOUTHPAW
10-27-2003, 03:42 PM
I'm getting it installed two weeks from now(first open spot at my local speed shop), because it's getting cold and I don't feel like freezing my ass off, while laying on my back, underneath my car. No, I don't have the stock midpipe on, I have the Greddy Evo exhaust.

Civicvtec1ps
10-27-2003, 03:49 PM
very nice. post pics , reviews later.

Zero Three Si
10-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by SOUTHPAW
I'm getting it installed two weeks from now(first open spot at my local speed shop), because it's getting cold and I don't feel like freezing my ass off, while laying on my back, underneath my car. No, I don't have the stock midpipe on, I have the Greddy Evo exhaust.

Local speed shop? 2 weeks? God are they THAT busy? Couldn't you just take it to a local muffler shop. I mean it's just a downpipe and cat. I also would think the "speed" shop would charge a higher rate. I mean this is at MOST an hour job. I agree though I wouldn't be cold and lay on my back either. Call around and see if you can get it done elsewhere.

Sb00
10-28-2003, 01:07 AM
definatly post how you like the high flow cat, and i am very interested in how the cat will affect the sound of the exaust note. please post as soon as it's done :) people are interested here :D

fsugatorbait
10-28-2003, 09:17 AM
Extremely interested in your opinion and results. Just take it down to a local muffler shop and have them slap that biatch on for ya. Hurry up :D :p :)

SOUTHPAW
10-28-2003, 02:03 PM
I'll definatly give plenty of info on it after I get it installed. As for going to a local muffler shop, I wouldn't trust thoughs clowns with a matchbox car. The place I'm getting it installed has done alot of work on my cars in the past, and I'm always happy with the results. The mechanic is in class all next week(mechanics have to go to class every so often, to get certified on new types of things that are just coming out)so the next available spot is Nov. 10th. Believe me, I want to get this thing on as soon as possible. I wish it was still summer, I would put it on myself. But it isn't, So I have to wait.

jimmied
10-29-2003, 08:13 AM
this is probaly a great upgrade for those using a greddy turbo also. Any way to increase the flow will definitely help that system.