PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal ?

derek_choi
10-27-2003, 03:50 PM
I passed by my local saab dealer (richmond, canada) and i saw a red SiR, it carrys a 23800 CAD price tag, i talked with the guy and he said he can give it to me for a lower price ...
the car was owned for alittle bit less than a year with 15000 mileage ... the guy had to trade it in becasue his wife doesn't like standard tranny ...

is it a good deal ?
holla back with opinions...

Halo
10-27-2003, 03:59 PM
I got mine in Sept 2002, for $25,000 new from Happy Honda in Burnaby.

Zero Three Si
10-27-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by derek_choi
I passed by my local saab dealer (richmond, canada) and i saw a red SiR, it carrys a 23800 CAD price tag, i talked with the guy and he said he can give it to me for a lower price ...
the car was owned for alittle bit less than a year with 15000 mileage ... the guy had to trade it in becasue his wife doesn't like standard tranny ...

is it a good deal ?

Tell him you'll pay 20000 and not a penny more.

bobdobbs
10-27-2003, 05:16 PM
Screw the SiR and get a Saab. :D

[Sorry, couldn't resist]

graham
10-27-2003, 05:38 PM

is it a good deal ?

So it was a 2002??? That's too much. Late last year & early this year, the 02 SiR was marked down to $22K at all the Honda dealers who still had em ... I got mine for $21,500 in Janurary of this year. www.trader.ca has a bunch of them ... don't pay more than $20K for it!

Zero Three Si
10-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Screw the SiR and get a Saab. :D

[Sorry, couldn't resist]

Dobbs...don't worry man...I had a bad day at work too....thank god it's only monday.

derek_choi
10-27-2003, 05:52 PM
thanks for the opinions guys
my dad is not comming till late january
u think the price for the 03 will drop ?

damn ... i'm glad i found this forum ... u guys are experts with all the price stuff ... glad i got the hook ups so i won't get ripped off ...

my dad kept on asking me to get echo hatchback
screw that piece of sh*t ...
i ain't no rollin' in that ...
EP all the way ...

Zero Three Si
10-27-2003, 06:01 PM

damn ... i'm glad i found this forum ... u guys are experts with all the price stuff ... glad i got the hook ups so i won't get ripped off ...

EP all the way ...

You're dad isn't coming until Late January? Does he not get paroled until then? hehehehehe

graham
10-27-2003, 06:08 PM

EP all the way ...

Ooooo Echo .... It's not so bad ... not bad power to weight ratio ... it just handles like a sideways shoe-box :)

I think Honda learned their lesson with the 02s and dealers aren't carrying a lot of them this year. They've also added the GFX package (body kit, carbon fibre kit), or $2K off sticker as an insentive to get them out the door. No one can really say if they will drop the price at the end of the year ... but I would definately guess that they would ... OTOH it IS Honda we're talking about here.

Good luck.

Graham

Mwing
10-28-2003, 12:29 AM
I got mine from Carter Honda, $25500 + tax, but I got $1800 cash rebate as I didn't want the stock body kit. $700 more rebate as my friend has connection.

Edit: Freight and PDI were waived too.

At the time of mid October, when I got my EP, there were only 2 white left in lower mainland.

SiR Medic
10-28-2003, 05:36 AM
I passed by my local saab dealer (richmond, canada) and i saw a red SiR, it carrys a 23800 CAD price tag,
is it a good deal ?

Considering that I bought my car NEW for $23,400... I would say he's ripping you off.