PDA

View Full Version : new wheels on / review for rev & speedandstyle

r3p00c
10-28-2003, 12:11 PM
Let me say this first: YES, I know I need a drop. :D I'm just waiting for a good deal to come along on the suspension stuff I want, rather than rushing into something and slamming the crap out of my car. IMO, the wheel gap isn't as bad as everyone made it out to be, and its defiinitely bearable until I get my suspension stuff taken care of. That being said....

I LOVE the wheels and tires. They are Rev Model 1's, 17x7, with nankang ns-1 215/45 rubber. Its really amazing how much of a difference in grip you get with a wider, stickier tire... I didn't realize it would be such a drastic difference over stock. All the wheels came perfectly balanced, and there were no blemishes. The only gripe I have about the wheels is the centercaps. I took one off because the 'REV' emblem in the center was not seated properly, and when I went to screw it back on, the screws stripped the plastic they were screwing into, and I had to glue one of the screws back on to hold it in place. Other than that, they are a great product and I'm completely satisfied with them. :)

I ordered the wheels after talking to the Rev Wheels rep from ephatch... I ended up getting a REALLY great deal on the price. So I called in my order, and its actually speedandstyle.com. I thought 'whatever' and went on with my order. The guy who took my order wasn't rude or anything, but all of his answers to my questions were very short and he didn't seem very friendly. After my order was taken, he told me my wheels would be shipped out the next day (tuesday), and I would receive them by thursday or friday of that week. I had him take my email address to send me tracking numbers for the packages the next day.

So.... Wednesday rolls around, and no tracking numbers were anywhere to be found. I decided to pop on the speedandstyle website to use their AIM customer service name to see whether my order had been shipped yet. Each time I tried to talk to the person, I'd just get a response like 'how can i help you?' or 'hold on one sec.' After 3 or 4 tries of getting info from this stupid service, I finally just got frustrated and gave up.

By the next day (thursday) I still hadn't gotten any tracking numbers. This time, I called speedandstyle.com, hoping I could get more information than I was able to get online. I call up, and the person gives me a toll number for customer service (which is in florida, i live in pennsylvania). I reluctantly call the number, and I hear 'Thank you for calling Arospeed customer service'. Hmm.

I get ahold of someone and tell them my concern about my order. They ask me for an order number... I was never given an order number! They had to look my order up by my zip code. After holding for about 10 minutes, they come back and tell me my wheels haven't even been sent out yet, the tires were already out of stock, and they had to order more. Couldn't they have told me this when I ordered them, or at least call me and tell me my order will be slightly delayed? They transfer me BACK to the store, and they tell me they expect the order in by friday or monday, and I should have them by Thursday or Friday of the next week. At this point I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Monday afternoon comes along, and guess what? No tracking numbers. I get pissed off, and write speedandstyle a lengthly email. I tell them I'm very happy with the price and product, but I'm very displeased with their customer service. I also told them I'm a member of a popular civic forum, and word of bad service pretty much spreads like the plague... so if they want me to reccomend them to others, this issue needs straightened out. About an hour later, an email from UPS with tracking numbers, with a scheduled delivery date of friday arrive in my email box. No one from speedandstyle ever replied to the long email I sent or anything.

My wheels did arrive on Friday intact, with just addresses on the box, and a packing slip. No other papers, ads, stickers, or anything.

So all in all, I'm very happy with the product, but so dissatisfied with the service that I most likely won't order from them again. It's a shame, too, because I had planned to buy my wife a set of wheels from them after the deal I got on mine. I just wish companies like this would realize someday how important customer service and word of mouth is over anything else.

Anyway, thanks for reading my long rant. Hopefully this helps someone who is considering purchasing something from Rev Wheels / Speedandstyle. Here is the lady herself...

Civicvtec1ps
10-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Drop it j/k
yea speedandstyle customer service sucks... never respond to questions.i thought about buying rev wheels but i gave up. price might be good but i know im not ordering anything from them. wheels looks great

teejoh
10-28-2003, 03:37 PM
...good looking wheels from a company with poor, at best, customer service. I ordered some rims from them and was lied to about the shipping date. I called several days later to confirm shipment and they still had not been shipped. A another 3 days pass and still not shipped. I cancelled my order and they wanted to charge me $146 restocking fee for wheels/tires that hadn't even left there wharehouse. I PMed the guy on hear about this and of course recieved no response.....always pay with a credit card that goes after businesses like this;) Glad your transaction went "well", by there standards anyway, but I will never even consider giving them any business again. I guess you have to make up for the low prices some how. Tirerack/discountiredirect = higher prices but excellent return policies and customer service.

andy
10-28-2003, 04:42 PM
That sucks. I was really thinking about ordering a set of 17s from
them (they have a set that is under 16lbs IIRC) fairly soon.
I tried PMing REVWheels as well and got no response - but it does
seem like he's a decent guy and on here a lot. /shrug
Looks like it is Rota time once again...

Brettnyt
10-28-2003, 07:48 PM
Drop that sucka!!!!!! :D Looks good...

NuG
10-28-2003, 07:59 PM
I ordered from speedandstyle and had no problems. When I ordered I asked for my order#. I had to call in for my tracking # and they were even nice enough to fax me the order slip. The wheels arrived on time and came complete.

I dont know what happened to some of you but maybe you were ansy? I ordered from them and would consider them again.

YMMV

chubbychu
10-28-2003, 09:47 PM
yea...sometimes people mess up. and only when they mess up do you hear about it (most of the time)

Brettnyt
10-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by NuG
I ordered from speedandstyle and had no problems. When I ordered I asked for my order#. I had to call in for my tracking # and they were even nice enough to fax me the order slip. The wheels arrived on time and came complete.

I dont know what happened to some of you but maybe you were ansy? I ordered from them and would consider them again.

YMMV

How long did they take to ship?

NuG
10-28-2003, 10:09 PM
I ordered on a Friday and they shipped out on Monday

HK_EP3
10-28-2003, 11:41 PM
nice essay... sorry its too long for me to read, but nice wheels.

audomatik
10-29-2003, 12:40 AM
hey greg... you need to drop it like its hot... hahaha jk... i had to. if i didn't, i wouldn't be me... cant wait to see em in person on sunday...

r3p00c
10-29-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by NuG

YMMV

I admit, i was a little anxious to get the wheels, but only because they told me one thing and did another. I wouldn't have minded if they took an extra week, but at least tell me about it so I don't wonder where they are at. I'm mainly also just griping about how much their customer service sucks when you need to find something out. Oh well, live and learn.

r3p00c
10-29-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by HK_EP3
nice essay... sorry its too long for me to read, but nice wheels.

haha... its cool man... i just had a lot to vent about.

STP03BlueSI
10-29-2003, 07:22 AM
Looks good..Why does everyone say drop the car?LMAO...sorry had to say it.

Yea i have heard different reviews about Rev/SpeedandStyle, some good some bad. But you get that from every company.

But yea dig the wheels!

fsugatorbait
10-29-2003, 09:57 AM
I had the same problem with revwheels/arospeed/speed and style. I ordered my wheels and was told the exact same thing; "your wheels will be shipped out tomorrow and you will have them within 4 or 5 days." 4 for 5 days go by and guess what no wheels. I call the cust service # 4 times, get 4 different people who transfer me to vmail for different ext. On the 5th call I get through to an operator who asks for my order # (which i was never given) and then takes 5 minutes for her to find my order under my zip code. Anywho she tells me why wheels shipped a week after my order was placed, I was like WTF, but atleast I know they were on there way. Later that afternoon they show up and its all gravy from there. wheels look good, no blemishes and the tires that come with package are 'ok' at best. Overall, I guess in the scheme of things 2 weeks isnt that long to wait for wheels, its just the fact that they are tellin people that their orders will be shipped the next day when it seems that it rarely happens. Their cust service needs some major help.

Si Death
11-09-2003, 11:45 AM
are the tires that come with the wheel and tire package better than stock OEM tires?

r3p00c
11-09-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Si Death
are the tires that come with the wheel and tire package better than stock OEM tires?

DEFINITELY... i hate to say it, but ANYTHING beats stock tires as far as grip. i'm very happy with the nankang 215/45s... great tires for the price. i'm sure that i will go with something nicer when these where out, but these will do til then.

Zero Three Si
11-09-2003, 10:21 PM
I don't know if it's so much the tires...I think it has more to do with the width of the tires. We all know the car has some TORQUE. I think it's just a bad match as far as tires/car goes.

My mom had the same tires on her car and they were great.

Brettnyt
11-10-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si

My mom had the same tires on her car and they were great.

Doin wheelstands in her dodge caravan? Cool... I mean, our tires suck, we cant just blame torque, cause on corners i get understeer too... As long as I wont always be stuck with crap traction and i will be able to launch at 5k, i will be happy... LOL...