PDA

View Full Version : Small electrical problem.

02NJHondaep3
10-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Last Wednesday night i was at the track. I lowered the psi in my tires to 20 psi. Thursday morning, i woke up a little bit earlier to inflate my tires before i left for class. I have a small 8 psi compressor that connects to the power outlet. After 5 mins or so, it started smoking. I shut it off and put it away cause I didnt want it to catch fire or break further. I warmed up my car and when i plugged in my radar detector, it didnt turn on. I'm guessing, I broke my power outlet. When i drop my ep for service, I'll let Honda know and hopefully they can take care of it. I drove to a gas station and threw out the $.50 to fill my tires and get to class.:( Anyone else blow out their power outlet?

Zero Three Si
10-28-2003, 02:04 PM
I don't even use my power outlet. I'm too cheap to go by a car cell phone charger and I don't have a radar detector.

bobdobbs
10-28-2003, 02:10 PM
Dude, you pulled too much current through your accessory outlet and blew a fuse. Honda expected you to do something dumb like that, so they protected the circuit. Check your fuses, either under the dash or in the engine bay. I don't have my Owner's manual with me, so I can't tell you the location. Look in the manual or just check all of them.

02NJHondaep3
10-28-2003, 08:55 PM
thanks I'll look at that.

andy
10-28-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Dude, you pulled too much current through your accessory outlet and blew a fuse. Honda expected you to do something dumb like that, so they protected the circuit. Check your fuses, either under the dash or in the engine bay. I don't have my Owner's manual with me, so I can't tell you the location. Look in the manual or just check all of them.

yup, I was gonna say the same thing. I blew a fuse trying to hardwire
my radar detector.

There should be a spare fuse (i.e. one that isn't used) somewhere...I
can't remember which one I replaced mine with. As dobbs said, it's
all in your manual.