View Full Version : hondata new

Civicvtec1ps
10-28-2003, 07:42 PM
http://www.hondata.com/kprorelease.html

yay
but damn price..

1abSi
10-28-2003, 08:31 PM
yeah no crap...that thing better give me 200whp for that freakin price...that is crazy. better get the lube out for this one....

eurosteez
10-28-2003, 08:41 PM
Hopefully its worth it R&D wise. Seems pretty complex. I'd probably fuck up my car. Hondata better gives us some numbers(hp,tq)

just think Reflash now for $600......$500 later for that upgrade.
hmmmmmm.... :D

bioevolve
10-28-2003, 08:44 PM
Yeah for that price it better output 30+HP.

NuG
10-28-2003, 08:56 PM
im sure you could get those gains

andy
10-28-2003, 09:15 PM
The initial baseline gains are not as important as the fact that it
is USER PROGRAMMABLE!!! Woooo hooo - I was wondering when this would
finally come out!

The cool thing is that now you can tune it how you want - want more
low end? Create a map for it. Want high end insanity? You got it.
Want a nitrous-only type map? Bingo. Have only a CAI? Tune it up.
Just bought h/e? Redo the map to your liking.

This is big, big news, I think. Can't wait to see the results - time
to start saving pennies.

Oh, fyi, you can get Hondata for under $600, making the cost of an
initial flash plus upgrade = $995. You can PM me for more info if
you want.

Civicvtec1ps
10-28-2003, 09:27 PM
yea its great. they better have good results. though . i wanna try it.

4g63dsm
10-28-2003, 10:19 PM
The initial baseline gains are not as important as the fact that it is USER PROGRAMMABLE!!! great now i can blow up my engine with the touch of a button, when i screw up the settings. lol:D

the JigGa mAn
10-28-2003, 10:35 PM
i dont think thats for me...i dont know how to work that shit i would mess up my car...ill pass on that but maybe the the reflash if the price goes down

CSMsi311
10-28-2003, 10:43 PM
Now that is the real hondata. not this sissy stuff they've been selling to you guys. :cool:

but remember this is a full standalone unit. it's really only useful if you boost or spray or running a crazy N/A setup. cross your fingers that it will have an autotune feature.

Vertigo
10-28-2003, 11:30 PM
That is what i've been waiting for. My only concern is that it said "Most OBDII features may be dissabled". Sense i now have to go through emissions yearly, i wonder if it will pass?

andy
10-28-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by CSMsi311
Now that is the real hondata. not this sissy stuff they've been selling to you guys. :cool:

but remember this is a full standalone unit. it's really only useful if you boost or spray or running a crazy N/A setup. cross your fingers that it will have an autotune feature.

The website states:
"Base tables are supplied for Civic Si, RSX Type S and Integra Type R engines. These tables have been dyno tuned." My guess is that these
are the current flashes out now, maybe tweaked a tad. So yes, there is
base tuning maps for people who don't want to mess with theirs (cough
cough, jigga man ;) ).
The other cool thing is that once a few tuners/people with dynos get
their hands on this, they'll be able to create maps that they can
pass along (hopefully) to other people. For example, you just go to
a tuner who has done a map that is suited to your interest - let's
say you have the standard i/h/e, then you go find the nearest guy
who's produced a good result with that combo.
If you don't know what you are doing (I would fall in that category
for sure), then you just don't mess with it. You should be able to
store more than one map at a time, so you can switch if needed, as
well.

Originally posted by Vertigo
That is what i've been waiting for. My only concern is that it said "Most OBDII features may be dissabled". Sense i now have to go through emissions yearly, i wonder if it will pass?

Vertigo, you missed a part -
"Most OBDII features may be disabled for race vehicles"
and also:
"Compatible with OBDII diagnostic tools & smog station scan tools. "
So you should be fine with any type of emission/smog testing. Although,
if you have this, it probably means you have more mods and those
may affect smog testing. But with this, you could just plug in a
"stock" map and pass as if you were on a completely stock ECU!
Man this thing is gonna be sweet!

Hondata
10-29-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by bioevolve
Yeah for that price it better output 30+HP.

Well I am afraid there will not be one in your Christmas stocking then. Because what we are offering is a system that you can tune.

If it doesn't make 30HP it will be because:

1) You do not have the bolt ons to make 30HP - and
2) You do not tune it.

Vertigo
10-29-2003, 04:00 AM
Vertigo, you missed a part -
"Most OBDII features may be disabled for race vehicles"
and also:
"Compatible with OBDII diagnostic tools & smog station scan tools. "
So you should be fine with any type of emission/smog testing. Although,
if you have this, it probably means you have more mods and those
may affect smog testing. But with this, you could just plug in a
"stock" map and pass as if you were on a completely stock ECU!
Man this thing is gonna be sweet! [/B]
Sorry andy. I guess i ahead of myself, plus drooling on the monitor doesn't help either. This smog chek thing is new to me. I moved to TN from KY where they have no smog checks. Plus my roommate just got his yearly check-up on his car. He said the people that do it are a bunch of idiots. He said all they do is plug the connector to the OBDII port under the dash and check to se if the car is showing a check engine light. And yes this product is going to be very sweet!!

jimmied
10-29-2003, 08:10 AM
yes it is more for this than the old system, but this really is what we need. Now you buy this and you can go from n/a to turbo and just reprogram your tables. This is exactly like the old systems. What is really nice is once they get on the market you will see alot of base programs available once people start tuning. Then you can take a base program and tweak it to fit your needs. This is absolutely the way to go!

BlackFL2k2Si
10-29-2003, 10:05 AM
I think I'll just stick with being a little girl and buying the normal flash. Knowing me, I'd kill my engine.

1abSi
10-29-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
great now i can blow up my engine with the touch of a button, when i screw up the settings. lol:D LMFAO:D

ep3guy
10-29-2003, 10:23 AM
The features along with what you can do and monitor is amazing. Defintitely worth the price tag if you know what you're doing.

Sb00
10-29-2003, 10:32 AM
switching maps on the fly would be awesome :) setting the limiter to like 3k for valet parking fools would be great :-p

sounds like a whole bunch of fun :D where's that guy with the powerball ticket that was buyin us all reflashes :D hehe

anjapower
10-29-2003, 11:20 AM
What i don't get is why the price for existing customers is 500 bucks. So basically it is your DISADVANTAGE to have a Hondata flash because you're paying 1100 DOLLARS effectively vs. people who just go and buy it for 995.

You'd think it would be less for current owners. What the hell?

andy
10-29-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by anjapower
What i don't get is why the price for existing customers is 500 bucks. So basically it is your DISADVANTAGE to have a Hondata flash because you're paying 1100 DOLLARS effectively vs. people who just go and buy it for 995.

You'd think it would be less for current owners. What the hell?

First, you can get the "original" flash for under 600, making the
upgrade equal to ~$1K.
Second, the only thing I can think of is that the $500 upgrade price
includes shipping (b/c you still have to ship your already flashed
ECU back to Hondata) back/forth. I dunno, nothing is firm on this
yet, so you might see Hondata dealers that will only charge the
difference between the original cost and the upgrade standalone.

sniperSI
10-29-2003, 12:55 PM
OMG YOU GUYS OMG , OMG OMG YOU GUYS

VAFC2 EAT YOUR HEART OUT I definatly have a woody for this thing.

Expanded tables for up to 10 lbs boost.

Pssh forget greedy emanage, just get one of these bad boys. Man this so sweet, i think it's a deal at a G a completly ECU Managment untit. Thats just nuts, + they must have to add the USB adapter onto the ECU, as well as the software, its not like the s100 where its just b series engines come on this is completely for our cars, this is gonna be so freakin sweet.

If you go n/a this thing probably isnt all that great but for boost/n20 guys its a dream come true, damn thats hot. I didnt think they would released it so soon.

thank-you hondata.

02SilverSiHB
10-29-2003, 01:20 PM
definitely a system for those that are very serious about getting serious gains.

!@#$%
10-29-2003, 01:22 PM
another giant leap for the k series engines. :D

Zero Three Si
10-29-2003, 02:56 PM
Question....will our car run/start/drive without the stock ecu in it?

D16Y8_Turbo
10-29-2003, 03:29 PM
First, your car will not start without an ECU connected. More than likely you will damage the car trying to start it without the ECU. Remember, the ECU controls almost if not everything about your motor and car.

I hope that we can adjust redline if I have to have my current Hondata flash program erased to utilize this setup. Tuning myself is what I would rather do than taking it to a shop.

I'll be one of the first in line for this!:tongue:

Hondata
10-29-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by 1abSi
yeah no crap...that thing better give me 200whp for that freakin price...that is crazy. better get the lube out for this one....

I am sorry, but we are going to have to charge extra for the lube.

VIZHUNZ02SI
10-29-2003, 04:38 PM
well that looks nice and all but its not for me
though its have the price of a greddy kit but with the same gain
i would jus get a turbo kits or naws an call it a day
that is way to much for something thats a similiar to a fuel management system. if u asked me i think its our ecu's flashed with a chip added on to it and stuff in a nice box with a big price.

VIZHUNZ02SI
10-29-2003, 04:41 PM
and the other thing is why doesnt anyone else flash our ecu's
sending it accross the nation and back its worth it for that price. i wonder if there's anyone in florida that does this

andy
10-29-2003, 06:17 PM
I hear the Hondata lube is flavored ?!?!?! :cool: :* lol

Originally posted by VIZHUNZ02SI
well that looks nice and all but its not for me
though its have the price of a greddy kit but with the same gain
i would jus get a turbo kits or naws an call it a day
that is way to much for something thats a similiar to a fuel management system. if u asked me i think its our ecu's flashed with a chip added on to it and stuff in a nice box with a big price.

This is the kind of thing that would work great WITH a turbo kit.
Yes, it's another $1K, but you'll need a management system with
a turbo kit anyway, right? At least fuel?
This would allow you to tune for race gas, turbo with n20, mild
street, whatever, at the touch of a few buttons. Switch on the
fly without ever getting out of your car!!!

and the other thing is why doesnt anyone else flash our ecu's
sending it accross the nation and back its worth it for that price. i wonder if there's anyone in florida that does this

On hondata's website (hondata.com), they have several dealers listed
in FL.

2k2_nbp_egg
10-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Hondata

lol aaaahahahaha, now that's a fuckin cool company in my book.

I sorta didn't read the whole thing....how do you tune it? I'm guessing hookin' it up to a PC? So then you would be able to drive to the track under normal settings and then go timing / fuel crazy when you bust the laptop out and go F & F on your car?

eurosteez
10-29-2003, 10:37 PM
Hmmmmmmm.......I'm thinkin normal reflash now, The upgrade later when it comes out. Wassup with the under 500$ deal??? *goes and pm's andy*

KingGreg86
10-30-2003, 06:03 PM
OK, i may be a super.Nub but ill ask anyway. is the program user-friendly? or is it only going to be for the super technical literate? i would love this as an alternitive to just getting a flash done. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY AM I SUCH A NUB!!!

CSMsi311
10-30-2003, 09:37 PM
i believe you can download the demo software from the hondata website. i've done it before. the software is suppose to be pretty straightforward, but if you don't know what your doing i'd suggest getting someone to do it for you or at least be there and teach you

rs_1101
10-31-2003, 12:00 AM
my sweet lord.
this is very good.. alil more pricey than some will go for, but its a good peice of technology. and now yall see why it took so long.

the note about 3 dimensional tables

see.. the kseries ecu is wayy more complex than most companies can handle!

sniperSI
10-31-2003, 06:49 AM
Hondata: I assume there is 50 degrees of retard and 50 of advance; tables wise; if your doing it in 10 degree increments, does that mean there are 100 maps to edit just for complete map?

Is there an automated feature that lets you adjust the fuel trim on one map, and have the other 90 maps auto adjust accordingly? Or do you have to edit ALL the maps?

02SilverSiHB
10-31-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by sniperSI
Hondata: I assume there is 50 degrees of retard and 50 of advance; tables wise; if your doing it in 10 degree increments, does that mean there are 100 maps to edit just for complete map?

Is there an automated feature that lets you adjust the fuel trim on one map, and have the other 90 maps auto adjust accordingly? Or do you have to edit ALL the maps?
holy shit! 50 degrees of retard! we have 8 degrees of timing as it is...that wouldn't make the car stall!

Hondata
10-31-2003, 11:33 AM

Good question. There are ignition, fuel, cam angle and knock retard tables, broken into high and low speed tables. Only the ignition and fuel are mapped in 3 dimensions (load, rpm and cam angle), so the cam angle and knock retard tables are convertional and easy to edit. The cam angle has a range of 0 - 50 degrees, so with a table every 10 degrees there are 6 x 2 = 12 fuel tables and 12 ignition tables. Editing the tables is not that hard - you can set the software to edit the tables individualy, or merge all the tables into one, or make the same change to all the cam angles tables at once (there's a few different options).

holy shit! 50 degrees of retard! we have 8 degrees of timing as it is...that wouldn't make the car stall!

Intake cam timing, not ignition timing.

What will be the min. req. for the computer to run this software?

In theory windows 95B,98,ME,2000,XP on a P233 or above. In practice I'd strongly recommend windows XP, as 98 & ME were bad mistakes on Microsoft's part, and 95B and W2000 are not very supported nowdays. It runs fine on my 4 year old Celeron 550 MHz laptop. BTW I must protest all the junk laptop companies (plus microsoft and others) load onto their laptop. My laptop has 16 running processes under task manager after windows loads. I've seen laptops with 80 - 100 processes running under task manager.

sniperSI
10-31-2003, 12:04 PM
wow, very diverse, You can probably sit there and tune it for 6months (w/o a dyno) that is and still be tweaking out the perfect mix, which sounds great to me!

I can't wait for more info. So have you been testing it on any si's or rsxs? what kind of great things have you discovered in regards to our ecu and tuning if you dont mind me asking? It already comes with a tune right, so that's worth 1/2 the price of the setup right there.

What will be the min. req. for the computer to run this software?

02SilverSiHB
10-31-2003, 02:27 PM

Intake cam timing, not ignition timing.
ah :eek: sorry sniper, I was on a different page :D

sniperSI
10-31-2003, 02:30 PM
all good meng, i didnt specify which retard i was talking about.

ba-dum-bump.

D16Y8_Turbo
11-01-2003, 10:53 AM
Will we have the ability to raise/adjust the rev limiter?

TrippZ
11-01-2003, 12:15 PM

hey do you wnana flash my ecu for free?

bioevolve
11-26-2003, 12:43 PM
That is just a stock main board in that thing, stock case (painted of sort) and a see thru top. They just added there daughter card with USB connect. I would get it, but I would have to sell my second ECU and palm with software.:D ;)

I wonder if I got that, I could probably reprogram other stock ECU's by swapping out you main board, program it, then put it back in orginal case. Save $600 bucks LMAO!

I think I will get it, and make some money! hehehehehe, Charge like flashes $200 hahahaha.;)

Ocelaris
11-26-2003, 09:55 PM
That's a good question, where will the maps reside? i.e. are you able to download and upload the ROM data? Or will it just be able to interact with it... Will there be online map.data swapping programs :-?

I can see it now.......

[EP3 stopped at stoplight, playing Halo on the XBOX, LCD embedded in stupid passenger-side pocket]

"VROOOMmmmmmm...." (insert random Sport compact vehicle (SRT-4 etc...)) pulls up next to me, revving engine..

"oopss... hold on one second [halo-pause button]"

[flips the XBOX back to the Linux desktop]

[root@ep3]$ ./Hondata SUPER-Whatever-Timing-map.dat

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Buh bye...

eurosteez
11-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by bioevolve

I wonder if I got that, I could probably reprogram other stock ECU's by swapping out you main board, program it, then put it back in orginal case. Save $600 bucks LMAO!

damn dont tell hondata that oopps too late.;)
Thats a good idea though.

trk
12-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by eurosteez
damn dont tell hondata that oopps too late.;)
Thats a good idea though.

people -- the USB board is surely soldered on ... I mean, come on... the factory ECU doesnt have a frickin PCI slot for the USB card they add....

eurosteez
12-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by trk
people -- the USB board is surely soldered on ... I mean, come on... the factory ECU doesnt have a frickin PCI slot for the USB card they add....

killin my dreams man, killin my dreams;)

trk
12-08-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by eurosteez
killin my dreams man, killin my dreams;)

lol

:confused: ;)

RiCeCoOkEr1280
12-09-2003, 06:49 AM
I don't care what anyone says... I'll admit that I don't know what the f*ck I'm doing when it comes to tuning... That's what Shawn Church is for ;) His shop is literally 5 minutes down the street... I might as well open up a direct account w/ him to just dump money into so he can tune my car once this bad boy is released... HONDATA, I'll GLADLY be your FIRST customer on this (hint hint)... I'm 3 minutes from your shop ;) Money is waiting for you :D

Paul