PDA

View Full Version : Are the Showstoppers BC Kits Pre fitted?

Stroker2004
10-29-2003, 01:45 PM
DO they fit without any mods? and how much did you guys pay for paint and an install?

03ViVBEp
10-29-2003, 02:46 PM
i just bought the sideskirts from them and they fit pretty good. i would say that they have good fitment!

beansbear
10-29-2003, 03:54 PM
it would be impossible for showstoppers to prefit every single body kit they sell.

Just remember a few things:
1) cheap body kits are massed produced
2) fiberglass needs a little to a lot of work done depending on who made it, how many times the mold was used etc
3) every kit is different
4) showstoppers doesn't make these kits, they just sell them.

IF you buy JDM authentic body kits I can almost 100% assure you perfect fit. JDM body kits are not mass produced in quantities and are only made by order. Japan fiberglass body kits are lightweight and strong and the fit/finish are almost identicle to OEM stock.

You get what you pay for.

my buddy kit from showstoppers had a different front end from the original buddy kit and the side skirts needed work to fit properly. Any autobody shop can do it but it takes time to get it right. The rear fit perfectly, the front piece has a small gap at the sides and waves in the fiberglass at the very front. None of us noticed it until it was painted then the waves were pretty much apparent with black paint.
But the kit was good enough for me. I may buy the real BC sides later but at this time they look fine to me even though they still dont fit perfectly.

johnnydanger
10-29-2003, 04:24 PM
hey i know this isn't the classifieds, but i have a buddy club kit already painted taffeta white and pre-fitted... ;) if you're interested, pm me...

Si Death
10-29-2003, 05:38 PM
man beansbear you need to post some pics of ur ride. It looks frikin nice from the past pics u posted:D :D :D

BISDAK-R
10-30-2003, 09:42 AM
the kit doesnt fit perfectly..i bought my kit from them..its very nice quality but there was some shaving and cutting done..however the back fit finde just the side and front bumper check out my ride in member rides i have the kit on in some of the pics.

illusionsoflife
05-31-2008, 08:41 PM
DO they fit without any mods? and how much did you guys pay for paint and an install?

i had this kit. i hit a car doing 3mph and the bumper being fiber glass shattered everywhere. got a mugen lip on factory bumper now. also this kit requires you take off front and rear bumper supports. as well as a modded muffler to fit with the bumper. the front bumper is really sweet though while it lasted.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n64/illusions_of_life/car.jpg

vbpracer
05-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Is this is the one you are talking about?

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o204/brad073/DSC01119.jpg

vbpracer
05-31-2008, 08:57 PM
i had this kit. i hit a car doing 3mph and the bumper being fiber glass shattered everywhere. got a mugen lip on factory bumper now. also this kit requires you take off front and rear bumper supports. as well as a modded muffler to fit with the bumper. the front bumper is really sweet though while it lasted.

Way to go man I just posted on a 5 year old thread!! lol

Doubt anyone wants to know what it looks like now

illusionsoflife
05-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Way to go man I just posted on a 5 year old thread!! lol

Doubt anyone wants to know what it looks like now

oh, haha. i assumed all threads where new since the bomb hit here. didnt i send you a supercharger once? hows it doing

vbpracer
06-01-2008, 12:39 AM
oh, haha. i assumed all threads where new since the bomb hit here. didnt i send you a supercharger once? hows it doing

Yes sir you did, sc is doing good, everything is working fine, how about you, did you boost again?

oldskoofame
06-01-2008, 05:43 PM
the kit doesn't fit perfectly.
i bought front bumper and side skirts from SSUSA.
the side skirts needed fiberglass work to properly fit.
the front bumper didn't fit at all.

vbpracer
06-01-2008, 10:37 PM
the kit doesn't fit perfectly.
i bought front bumper and side skirts from SSUSA.
the side skirts needed fiberglass work to properly fit.
the front bumper didn't fit at all.

I doubt anyone is still interested oldskoofame.. lol