PDA

View Full Version : WARNING!!!! - Arospeed shifter doesn't exist

David K.
10-29-2003, 03:27 PM
Just received my short-shifter from Arospeed. The package said for Civic 2001+. It refers to it as an adapter. There were no instructions included so I called Arospeed and they told me they don't offer a short-shifter for our cars. Apparently the web site is wrong. I spoke to two different people who said they do not offer a shifter for our cars. I know others have said they were told that Arospeed uses it on their own Type R, but now I don't know what the fuck to believe. It's an odd looking hunk of billet aluminum that fits in the palm of your hand. No one at Arospeed inspires me with too much confidence in their answers, though, so hopefully I can figue out if this is for the ep or not. I'll get some pics up shortly.

andy
10-29-2003, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I had a feeling this wasn't for our cars. For one, all their
pics on their website were the same and were not anything like what
we have (from Neuspeed or stock).
Also, someone just found that on the site, I never heard of an
official announcement or anything.

Too bad, though, b/c if someone else made these they could probably
make a good amount of $$$. I contacted the guys at kartboy about
it (they make a nice short shifter for the wrx and protege), but they
said they weren't real interested.

David K.
10-29-2003, 03:40 PM
After looking at the pics of the Neuspeed shifter I don't think this thing is for the ep. It looks nothing like the Neuspeed setup. Shit.

trk
10-29-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by David K.
Just received my short-shifter from Arospeed. The package said for Civic 2001+. It refers to it as an adapter. There were no instructions included so I called Arospeed and they told me they don't offer a short-shifter for our cars. Apparently the web site is wrong. I spoke to two different people who said they do not offer a shifter for our cars. I know others have said they were told that Arospeed uses it on their own Type R, but now I don't know what the fuck to believe. It's an odd looking hunk of billet aluminum that fits in the palm of your hand. No one at Arospeed inspires me with too much confidence in their answers, though, so hopefully I can figue out if this is for the ep or not. I'll get some pics up shortly.

Yeah, I warned of this in the other thread and got completely ignored. But thats ok... I am getting used to it.

I bought a DC Sports one, turned out to be for a 2001+ civic. They replaced it with a Neuspeed one.

Civicvtec1ps
10-29-2003, 05:33 PM
damn i have to get neuspeed one now.
:yellm:

David K.
10-29-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by trk
Yeah, I warned of this in the other thread and got completely ignored. But thats ok... I am getting used to it.

I bought a DC Sports one, turned out to be for a 2001+ civic. They replaced it with a Neuspeed one.

I saw the warning. I also saw Arospeed's website that made it painfully clear that it was supposed to be for the ep. It's a mistake. Aggravating and disappointing, but no big deal in the scheme of things. I'll get a refund.

XSquigyX
10-30-2003, 08:22 AM
First a couple pics for you guys...
http://webpages.charter.net/xsquigyx/03%20SI/Arospeed%20Shifter/Full%20Pic.JPG
http://webpages.charter.net/xsquigyx/03%20SI/Arospeed%20Shifter/Invoice.JPG

As you can see, they sent the shifter for the "Not Si" 01-03 Civic.

EDIT: I'm on the phone with them right now, as stated above; it does NOT exsist. Oh well at least you guys no better now. :banana: The lady says that she is gonna credit me and take it back...

Looks like I will be calling SS now to get the Neuspeed. :D

XSquigyX
10-30-2003, 10:12 AM
WOW! Here is a pic of the DC sports one that is "for the new Civic Si".....
http://www.dcsports.com/images/for%20pop%20ups/ssamain.jpg

Hahahahaaaa, Imagine that...

BlackNRedSi
10-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Thats really fuked up on their end!

I called them and SPECIFICALLY said 2002 Honda Civic Si Hatchback EP3...

Not a 2000 Si nothing else, i told the dude, its the NEW HATCHBACK with the K-Series motor...he said 'Yup this is for that car' I even asked him 1 more time, and he concured...

Whats up with THAT?!

BlackNRedSi
10-30-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by trk

and for the record, NO you were NOT ignored, i called them and spoke with someone and i SPECIFICALLY ASKED about it....I know what you mean about parts not being for our car...I have dealt with situations like that before.

STP03BlueSI
10-31-2003, 08:57 AM
I guess i will wait for Skunk 2 or maybe my girl will get me the Neuspeed for Christmas:smilem: :blushm:

raiyo
10-31-2003, 08:18 PM
Neuspeed is gonna be my thing then. Anyone know of a cheap/decent place to get em? Haven't done much searching yet, but tornactive is selling em for $110 shipped

XSquigyX
11-01-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by raiyo
Neuspeed is gonna be my thing then. Anyone know of a cheap/decent place to get em? Haven't done much searching yet, but tornactive is selling em for $110 shipped

I ordered one from Show Stoppers yesterday for 110.00 shipped, seems to be the going price...