PDA

View Full Version : What is the 2K2's class? Laguna Seca?

NetDragon
06-27-2002, 10:31 AM
OK with decent factory suspension and basical year round tires from the factory. Couple that with the body style and a 160HP engine. What is the 2K2 Civic Si's "Class". I have had some call it a "Hatch Back" "3 Door" "Sports Car" "Sporty" "Sports Hatch". What is it dangit!? Heh, thanks.

Also, anybosy going to Laguna Seca in January? I am going to take the Si out there. I have worked up a near system using a 150 watt inverter, power strip, tiny POS b/w TV, a VCR and one of those annoying X-10 Wireless cameras. I am going to mount it in the Si for come ghetto fab racing videos. If you want I can post a lame little diagram of how I have it all wired up.

Mechanic
06-27-2002, 12:07 PM
NetDragon,

I'm not sure what you asked. If you asking what term best describes what the Si is, 3dr "hatchback" probably describes the body style best, although those terms are sort of dated, going back to the mid-'70s. Because there are so few 3dr boxes around these days, just calling it a "Civic Si" is usually enough to identify it to those who aren't brain dead.

But you mentioned Leguna Seca in your thread. That suggests you see the potential for a racing class for the Si, sort of like the Miata series. I like that idea. The original Si's made great, fun racers in the so-called "production" and "sedan" classes in both the SCCA and the now-defunct IMSA. It would be great to see a new series built around the Si, but it would almost certainly require some sort of quasi-factory support like that VW gave the old Rabbit Cup. But keep a good thought. Lightening may strike again.

NetDragon
06-28-2002, 12:21 PM
Well I can not wait to take my Si out on the track. Yeah, I will just identify it as a hatch back. But for me. When I think "Hatch Back" I think "Ford Aspire" or something crappy. Not, sporty, fun to drive, good torque, nice interior, IE: the Civic Si. Anyway the trip to Laguna Seca is not until January. Will have to just wait until then.

Mechanic
06-28-2002, 12:37 PM
I'd suggest "hot box" as an alternative to "hatchback," but that has -- ahem -- shall we say, other connotations . . . .

In any event, Leguna Seca is one of my favorite tracks. Haven't been there in several years, but it's a race track and it's in California - what could be better than those things in combination.

NetDragon
06-28-2002, 01:50 PM
Yeah.. and if you go to TOV http://www.vtec.com go to the news/rumors section brows around int he news and the archive news. You can download lots of videos some of them are from Laguna Seca.. Woot!

Mechanic
06-28-2002, 04:52 PM
I'll check it out. Thanks.

SiCivic2k2
06-29-2002, 03:13 AM
Well, if you think about it, alot of sport cars are hatchbacks. Camaros, Trans Ams, etc.