PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. my EP hatch

ek9jdmhb
10-30-2003, 02:25 AM
Yes, my car was totalled tonight(or at least I believe it is) . I was driving through the canyon on my way home from work, and I see some guy coming the opposite way with his highbeams on and driving stupid. He was kinda on my lane so I slowed now a little bit, and my back tires started to get out. So I freaked out and slammed the brakes and slid into a huge pole. My whole passenger side is messed up. You will see when I post picks which should be tommorow. As for me, my neck kinda hurts, but I walked away with just broken glass in my hair. Im pretty sad about it but I will get over it. Here are some pictures before the accident.

http://student6www.fullcoll.edu/00714636/mycar/superman1.jpg http://student6www.fullcoll.edu/00714636/mycar/superman2.jpg http://student6www.fullcoll.edu/00714636/mycar/superman5.jpg
http://student6www.fullcoll.edu/00714636/mycar/crash.jpg http://student6www.fullcoll.edu/00714636/mycar/crash1.jpg http://student6www.fullcoll.edu/00714636/mycar/crash2.jpg http://student6www.fullcoll.edu/00714636/mycar/crash3.jpg http://student6www.fullcoll.edu/00714636/mycar/crash4.jpg

SoCaLep3
10-30-2003, 02:32 AM
damn im sorry to hear this, ur car looked very nice... but im glad to hear that you are ok :)

DumbNewB
10-30-2003, 03:57 AM
That sucks... best of luck to ya

Peking
10-30-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by SoCaLep3
damn im sorry to hear this, ur car looked very nice... but im glad to hear that you are ok :)

Same here:( . Did that guy stop to help you out?

Driftin SI
10-30-2003, 07:20 AM
:( Damn, what the hell is going on lately with all the EP's getting smashed up. Glad to hear you are ok though, also curious if the other guy stopped to help you or not.

Brettnyt
10-30-2003, 07:40 AM
Damn dude, gorgeous car.... Im so sorry to hear it got totalled.... You gunna look into another one? That first shot of your car looks soooooo nice... Glad to hear you are okay!

Grookes
10-30-2003, 08:07 AM
Sorry to hear that! Nice clean look - I hate to hear about another that won't be on the road. I still don't see many ep's. How are the insurance discussions going? Are they in fact going to total the car?

Zero Three Si
10-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Another one bites the dust....and another and another one.

Man, how many EP have been totaled from this website alone? I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of like 10 EP's.

fsugatorbait
10-30-2003, 08:43 AM
Id say 10 in the last few months...overall way tooo many :'(.

civicSIracer
10-30-2003, 08:47 AM
damn man that suks.

IceD out N CALI
10-30-2003, 09:27 AM
sucks, good luck!

klik
10-30-2003, 11:09 AM
good thing u aight, but nice car im diggin those rims.

ek9jdmhb
10-30-2003, 11:13 AM
Hey thanks guys. No the jerk didnt stop. He jsut kept on going. The bad part was I didnt have a cell and its a creepy ass road. I finally got one guy to stop after 10 min. Im going to take pictures of the car today and put some up.

MrCivic03
10-30-2003, 02:23 PM
sorry to hear about this lately a lot of EP gettin wrecked or totalled... also i wanted to kno how the hell u kept her so damn shiney

Zero Three Si
10-30-2003, 02:38 PM
Let the buzzards begin to hoover!!

If it is defintly totaled...what parts are up for sale???

bobdobbs
10-30-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si

Damn dude, you crack me up. I just had the vision of a bunch of ugly black birds with vacuum cleaners. Thanks for that. :D :D :D

eurosteez
10-30-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si

If it is defintly totaled...what parts are up for sale???
ROFLMAOOL. Are you talking sh!t or making an offer??? or both!!!;)

ek9jdmhb
10-30-2003, 05:21 PM
The things that might go up for sale is
aem cai
spoon sport lower tie bar
JDM front bumper (not installed)

RadiationVictim
10-30-2003, 05:21 PM
I hope this encourages you to spend $200 for an evolution autocross school. The LAST thing you want to do is hit the brakes while turning, ABS or not. If the backend of your car is already loose, then stepping on the brakes will only cause it to lose even MORE traction and you will go flying in the direction it stepped into in the first place (for your case, a telephone pole).

A girl in my spanish class last year nearly killed herself doing something similar: A car in front of her on the highway suddently cut into her lane going much slower so she mashed the brakes and swerved... only to do a perfect 180. Thankfully the motorists around her were wiser and came to a controlled stop and nobody was hurt.

It's a tough lesson. I'm glad I've been autoxing since 16 so during situations where others around me are being stupid I can drive more defensively.

www.autocross.com/evolution/

ek9jdmhb
10-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Yeah, normally you dont think in situations like that. I dont think a $200 autocross course will help me because I dont drive around town like im on a huge race course.

BlackFL2k2Si
10-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Shitty luck bro, but there is nothing you can do about it now.

RadiationVictim
10-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by ek9jdmhb
Yeah, normally you dont think in situations like that. I dont think a $200 autocross course will help me because I dont drive around town like im on a huge race course.

Yes, but in some emergency situations your reactions have to be opposite of what you would 'normally' think to do. 99% of drivers (like you) slam on the brakes if their car FWD oversteers. The same drivers (and probably you too) also react to understeer by steering INTO the turn rather than letting it go a little, waiting for the tire to grip, and then slowly winding it back in again. You can't learn to do this as a reflex without training.

It's worth it weather or not you drive crazy every minute of your commute. Had you spent the $200 already, you might not have wrecked your car to begin with. For all you know, you could have slid in the other way and you could be in the ICU tonight rather than being online :eek:

(disclaimer: I don't work for Evo schools, lol)

D16Y8_Turbo
10-30-2003, 05:59 PM
I want to see the pics of your car.

RiceCzechs
10-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Sorry to hear of your bad luck, but glad you'll probably be alright. Your wheels looked really great... what are they? Are you sure it is officially totalled? What will you be pursuing if it is a write-off? Another EP, or something else? Best of luck, and keep us informed.

ek9jdmhb
10-30-2003, 06:02 PM
the fuckers at the tow yard wouldnt let me take pictures because I didnt have my registration on me. Im going tomorrow to find a shop to estimate it and take some pics of the car

ek9jdmhb
10-30-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by RiceCzechs
Sorry to hear of your bad luck, but glad you'll probably be alright. Your wheels looked really great... what are they? Are you sure it is officially totalled? What will you be pursuing if it is a write-off? Another EP, or something else? Best of luck, and keep us informed. Im pretty sure its totalled. The whole passenger side is fucked up, the frame doesnt seem straight, and the dash pushed forward. You'll see in the pictures. oh, they are 17" buddy club P1s. Im thinking of a white RSX type s, a white wrx wagon, or get out of the whole compact car scene and getting a Tacoma.

Brettnyt
10-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by RadiationVictim
I hope this encourages you to spend $200 for an evolution autocross school. The LAST thing you want to do is hit the brakes while turning, ABS or not. If the backend of your car is already loose, then stepping on the brakes will only cause it to lose even MORE traction and you will go flying in the direction it stepped into in the first place (for your case, a telephone pole).

A girl in my spanish class last year nearly killed herself doing something similar: A car in front of her on the highway suddently cut into her lane going much slower so she mashed the brakes and swerved... only to do a perfect 180. Thankfully the motorists around her were wiser and came to a controlled stop and nobody was hurt.

It's a tough lesson. I'm glad I've been autoxing since 16 so during situations where others around me are being stupid I can drive more defensively.

www.autocross.com/evolution/

One of my teachers at school did made this mistake a couple years back and rolled his car a few times straight off of a freeway...

ep3guy
10-30-2003, 06:21 PM
Damn, sorry about your car, glad you're OK though. I remember you from the first EP meet too lol.

Good luck. Go with the WRX Wagon. ;)

eurosteez
10-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Looks like you'll be takin the bust to the beach;)
ya damn sponger!!!!! j\k. I bodyboard too:D

J-SpEc Ep3
10-30-2003, 11:53 PM
doode almost same thing happened to me last friday !...only difference was that a deer crossed the road and i hit a tree instead of a pole. but i really dont consider my ep totaled but all the bidy shops and insurance sed it was. engine is in perfect working condition only reason they called it totaled was cause the frame on the pasenger side was caved in about a foot and a half. our injusaries were almost the same also...sore neck, cuts on my hairline/neck, and a couple bruises (damn passenger sit hurts like a biatch, feels like a got into a fight and someone get me right at my jaw) but now we both gotta make the decision on what to get now =O(

ek9jdmhb
10-31-2003, 01:24 AM
Hey J-SpEc Ep3, sorry to hear about your car. It really sucks. I went to go see my car today but the tow yard wouldnt let me see her. It didn't even really hit me until today when I was looking at pictures of my car. Anyways, any idea of how much you are getting from insurance?

STP03BlueSI
10-31-2003, 07:56 AM
They wouldnt let u see your car?!

Damn.

RadiationVictim
10-31-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
They wouldnt let u see your car?!

Damn.

I call BS on them not letting you take pics. It's not like you could sell the pics, so if he can see it by being there then he could take pics from where he was standing...

RadiationVictim
10-31-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by J-SpEc Ep3
doode almost same thing happened to me last friday !...only difference was that a deer crossed the road and i hit a tree instead of a pole. but i really dont consider my ep totaled but all the bidy shops and insurance sed it was. engine is in perfect working condition only reason they called it totaled was cause the frame on the pasenger side was caved in about a foot and a half. our injusaries were almost the same also...sore neck, cuts on my hairline/neck, and a couple bruises (damn passenger sit hurts like a biatch, feels like a got into a fight and someone get me right at my jaw) but now we both gotta make the decision on what to get now =O( [

The frame has caved in a foot and a half and you don't consider it totaled? You have GOT to be kidding...

Zero Three Si
10-31-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Damn dude, you crack me up. I just had the vision of a bunch of ugly black birds with vacuum cleaners. Thanks for that. :D :D :D

I'm just hear to put smiles on peoples faces. Smile Jesus Loves you!!!lol

Man I don't want to buy and of your crunchy modds!!! I'm waiting to find out if the type r is coming or not! Sorry about your loss though.

Rey
10-31-2003, 10:10 AM
Can you sell the seats and steering wheel?

ek9jdmhb
10-31-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by RadiationVictim
I call BS on them not letting you take pics. It's not like you could sell the pics, so if he can see it by being there then he could take pics from where he was standing...
I dont know why I would be B/S ing about totalling my car. They wouldnt let me in the tow yard because I didnt have proof of ownership. Yes I could have taken pictures from where I was standing, but you wouldnt have seen all the damage.

J-SpEc Ep3
10-31-2003, 12:28 PM
my insurance sed they would give me the price it would cost if they were to walk out the door with a brand new one. but since im in bay area thats gonna be about 19.

ek9jdmhb
10-31-2003, 12:38 PM
damn, 19 sounds nice. how many miles were on your car? If I get anywhere near 19 I will be happy.

J-SpEc Ep3
10-31-2003, 12:39 PM
its a 03 with 5xxx miles i only had the ep since mid july

RadiationVictim
10-31-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ek9jdmhb
I dont know why I would be B/S ing about totalling my car. They wouldnt let me in the tow yard because I didnt have proof of ownership. Yes I could have taken pictures from where I was standing, but you wouldnt have seen all the damage.

I didn't call bs on you totalling the car, but not being able to take ANY pics.

Oh well, if I was in your position I'd be too upset to take pics... :(

ek9jdmhb
10-31-2003, 05:10 PM
Why would I b/s on not being able to take pictures?

ek9jdmhb
10-31-2003, 05:24 PM
Pictures on for page.:'(

IceD out N CALI
10-31-2003, 05:29 PM
eeek-saw the pics. hopefully it is not totalled so u can keep your ep

Brettnyt
10-31-2003, 05:46 PM
Blizzam! That should buff right out... Oh shit, wait a sec... didnt see the other side... man, thats not lookin to good... Atleast you are okay... Those headlights still look damn nice tho... Keep your head up!

goy091
10-31-2003, 05:47 PM
ouch man that sucks, its def totalled =/. get ins money and find something else. oh yea with a hit that big shouldnt the air bags go off?

ek9jdmhb
10-31-2003, 05:50 PM
i believe the air bags only go off I hit from the from, but I could be wrong.

TightEP3
11-03-2003, 01:05 PM
Oh man, I'm sorry to see that shit happen to your car, but at least ur okay...Havent talked to u in a while since i stopped working at aircall...Looks like its time for another car huh? Good luck with what happens.

-Ray

Civicvtec1ps
11-03-2003, 02:42 PM
damn shiet...
i hope everythnig goes well.

teejoh
11-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
... Those headlights still look damn nice tho... Keep your head up!

...want to sell them;)

ek9jdmhb
11-03-2003, 06:18 PM
TightEP3 keep me updated on the progress of you car cause it was looking dope, and thanks for your concern.

teejoh, I would sell them to you, but the insurance company owns my car, the headlights a messed up, and I did a poor job painting them.

Zero Three Si
11-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Man yo car got knocked the FOCK out!!!

civicSIracer
11-03-2003, 06:53 PM
damn man you fucked ur shit up. im glad to hear you are allright. thats some major shit. that car is NEVER going to be the same. you better hope they total it out and get you a new ride.