PDA

View Full Version : Misshifted gear?

master7
10-31-2003, 09:16 AM
Peace peoples - I was wondering what has been the worst case that you misshifted gears in yr EP?

LAst night i almost broke my neck i down shifted when i was suppose to be going up up and away. Man my body jerked so bad i thought i was the rubberband man. I think i was doing about 70 and went in to second for about 2second - i quickly pushed clutch in. I felt so bad for my car i turned my music off and just listened to the engine for awhile. Everything seems o.k for now. Well i got about 5 k miles to go before i hit 36k mile - no more warranty. So hopefully if its going to brak please do it now not later! (*_*)

Whatz yr worst?

SilVic
10-31-2003, 10:32 AM
That happened to me about 3-4 times. It's the scariest feeling in the world. Nothing has happened to my car(God forbid) but I try not to do it again. It's really bad. If you had lets say, springs and retainers, it'd be okay. It would've help not to mess up anything. You and I are lucky b/c some people on here did a misshift and bent their valves. Also, I have an extra head.

potator
10-31-2003, 10:44 AM
I've misshifted once if I remember correctly. I forget which gears were involved, but I remember it was at such low RPMs, that it didn't really make it so bad.

master7
10-31-2003, 11:12 AM
How would you know if you got bent valves?

andy
10-31-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by master7
How would you know if you got bent valves?

Your car would ride/idle rough and it would sound like complete
crap.

Zero Three Si
10-31-2003, 01:29 PM
Do you think some dealers would do some type of inspection for us and replace anything wrong with our car JUST before the warrenty expires? Even if you had to pay for labor...I think that would be sweet.

I'm glad I got the extended 7 year warrenty. Cost me about 600 bucks...but at least I know I'm covered.

Peking
10-31-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Do you think some dealers would do some type of inspection for us and replace anything wrong with our car JUST before the warrenty expires? Even if you had to pay for labor...I think that would be sweet.
I'm glad I got the extended 7 year warrenty. Cost me about 600 bucks...but at least I know I'm covered.

Did the same as you, except I paid alittle more :D

eurosteez
10-31-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si

Me too:D I can put mad stress on the motor and not feel guilty;)