PDA

View Full Version : Ebay High Flow Cat

VividFL EP
10-31-2003, 12:05 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33629&item=2440136379

Just wondering if anyone has seen this yet?

andy
10-31-2003, 12:38 PM
I saw that as well. For the buy it now price ($78 or so?), it might
be worth it for someone to try it out and see how it fits.
The ad says that the pictured item is not it, so who knows. I wonder
how much someone has paid for a high flow cat from just a local
muffler/exhaust place...

Mugen_EP
10-31-2003, 12:48 PM
Another question is would this cause a CEL? I would think so since I dont see a location for the O2 sensor but it does state the picture may not be the one for our car.

Si3
10-31-2003, 12:51 PM
CEL ? ?

-aj-

master7
10-31-2003, 01:05 PM
Cel = Check Engine Light (*_*)

Yeah Mugen_EP , I called Honda to get the proper size for a high flow cat on our eps, and the technician said the CEL would come on and you wouldn't be able to turn it off with a high flow on. It messes with the sensor or something....

Peace

02SilverSiHB
10-31-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by master7
Cel = Check Engine Light (*_*)

Yeah Mugen_EP , I called Honda to get the proper size for a high flow cat on our eps, and the technician said the CEL would come on and you wouldn't be able to turn it off with a high flow on. It messes with the sensor or something....

Peace
hondata has said that this cel light will not affect performance...but anyway, I wouldn't buy that cheap piece of crap. you may as well get a test pipe that you can plug your o2 sensor in. I believe mufflertech makes them custom for the ep.

Bruce02si
11-01-2003, 08:38 AM
ok well i bought this cheap peice of crap silver hb and its on its way so you'll all see if its garbage or not i just want somthig to let me optimize my I/H/E that i have alredy on i need somthig this car sux i thik its slow as death i should make that forum the "ep is slow as death"

02SilverSiHB
11-01-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Bruce02si
ok well i bought this cheap peice of crap silver hb and its on its way so you'll all see if its garbage or not i just want somthig to let me optimize my I/H/E that i have alredy on i need somthig this car sux i thik its slow as death i should make that forum the "ep is slow as death"
oooookay! didn't know you were that sensitive.

Bruce02si
11-01-2003, 09:52 AM
dont get tough bro dont forget your from texas son so that can make you only a steer or a queer neither one talks down to me like that

TheMutt
11-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Bruce, why don't you shut the hell up and post when you have something productive to add to this thread.

Peking
11-01-2003, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't buy it ;)

Bruce02si
11-01-2003, 10:29 AM
i do have somthing to say about this thread i bought this product so you shut up what the hell are you doin on this thread state your porpose
huh what was that nothin like i thought you just wanna put you 2 cents in cause i said somthin about your state well let me teach you somthin keep your nose out of were it dont belong

Bruce02si
11-01-2003, 10:30 AM
you MUTT

SilverEP
11-01-2003, 10:48 AM
WEll...... tell us how it works, I was watching that auction...deciding if I should buy it or not!!:D

TheMutt
11-01-2003, 12:30 PM
Okay well if you bought it, tell us how it works. Ima take a guess and just say you were joking in that last post.
::breathes hard:: internet shit talking is not cool... especially when you bring other things into it. Seriously, be careful how you say "mutt". If you're kidding, that's cool. My friends can call me a mutt, but if you are seriously trying to be offensive, that's just not so nifty. That's like using the N-word wrong. :confused: :confused:

02SilverSiHB
11-01-2003, 01:33 PM
dont get tough bro dont forget your from texas son so that can make you only a steer or a queer neither one talks down to me like that
I live in Texas, I'm from Florida. I'm in the military. and what the hell are you talking about? "don't get tough" hahaha, okay mr. you're scaring the hell outta me :rolleyes: I'll have to stop by Toms River, New Jersey on my way up there to see how you think of me then :rolleyes: ooooh, now were talking internet shit :rolleyes: yeah, great.

HondaMan
11-01-2003, 02:44 PM
LOL, chill out Bruce02si aka newbie e-thug! Just let us know how the cat works out. :D

Bruce02si
11-01-2003, 02:56 PM
thats what i was tyin to do honda man but everyone had to go and get tough for a minit but thats cool so whateva i'll tell everone when it gets here but its from ebay so you know ussally the people who sell the shit arnt the shapest knives in the box so keep cheking in and i'll post what i think and if i can figure it out i'll put pic thats that and dont worry 02silverhb i'll put a pic of me on here too so when come visit me you'll know who to look for ha ha tell me if i'm your type ha haha just fu*king wit ya :eek:

HondaCivicSi
11-01-2003, 04:58 PM
e-gangsta

are we on ephatch, or is this clubsi si vs. all??

Bruce02si
11-01-2003, 06:09 PM
ok now heres a little update they told me it has a o2 sensor and told me its direct bolt on so when i get it prob wedsday i'll tell you right away Mutt so go ahead and exhale soon we'll all find out if this product sux or not but i hope everyone know the only way to really feel a part like this is to match it up like i have injen cold, hp headers, dc cat back, but with the stock cat i amjust blowing harder on a coffe straw so i hope afeter this my $1000's will add up but i doubt it

02SilverSiHB
11-01-2003, 08:37 PM
I'm sure it will help, hopefully it's no more than 2.5" the amount of torque you may lose will cancel out the hp you gain...who knows. Too bad you don't have a dyno close by for before and after. It probably isn't 50 state legal either...I'm just guessing.

Bruce02si
11-02-2003, 03:32 PM
i hope it will help also and i can garantee that its not legal they call it a down pipe i dont know why though but i bet its stait open pipe because for 80 buck i dont think they'll give catylst metal real cats have platium or somthin in itso by no means is this a hi flow cat it is a stainless test pipe who know i put it an and fix other things will its on the lift like the rattle my dc cat back makes and my hp headers the bolts lossened and now i hear a farting noise befor it heats up and the metal expand man why the hell do we hook up cars when they work so good stock?

ATRIOT
11-02-2003, 04:16 PM
Punctuation is your friend.

HondaMan
11-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Punctuation is your friend.

LOL, yeah Bruce that was hard to read. :eek:

Bruce02si
11-02-2003, 06:37 PM
sorry i'm a chef not a typyst

Dunrick
11-03-2003, 08:55 AM

rofl

i love this guy

Peking
11-03-2003, 11:17 AM

LOL :D

Vivid-Cruz
11-03-2003, 01:04 PM
i hope it will help also and i can garantee that its not legal they call it a down pipe i dont know why though but i bet its stait open pipe because for 80 buck i dont think they'll give catylst metal real cats have platium or somthin in itso by no means is this a hi flow cat it is a stainless test pipe who know i put it an and fix other things will its on the lift like the rattle my dc cat back makes and my hp headers the bolts lossened and now i hear a farting noise befor it heats up and the metal expand man why the hell do we hook up cars when they work so good stock?

Hey Bruce,
You sound like a real smart guy. Why dont you try and reading a few books? Oh, and make sure to pay close attention to grammar!! If you have trouble im sure mom can help you out.
Goodluck!

Bruce02si
11-03-2003, 08:21 PM
hey rolin bluberry(vivid cruz) thanx for that moment of self improvment for me i'm gonna gonna go read a book now..............................................
ok i'm back but i had some trouble and my mom was busy so your mom helped me out i hope you dont mind tell her thanx:winkm:

Peking
11-03-2003, 08:34 PM
hey rolin bluberry(vivid cruz) thanx for that moment of self improvment for me i'm gonna gonna go read a book now..............................................
ok i'm back but i had some trouble and my mom was busy so your mom helped me out i hope you dont mind tell her thanx:winkm:

LOL, there's no need to be bringing anybodys mama in this :D

andy
11-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Looks like there is a different hi flow cat for the Si, now on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2441287698). I wonder if that is an actual pic of the item.

I emailed the seller, I'll let you know what they say...

fsugatorbait
11-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Looks just like a test pipe with o2 sensor cutouts....hmmmmm strait pipe :p

andy
11-04-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Looks just like a test pipe with o2 sensor cutouts....hmmmmm strait pipe :p

fsu, any idea how much this would cost to make at say a local muffler
place?

I asked the guy a couple questions, here's the response:

Yes, this is the actual picture of the parts. I have it mass produced 50 sets, will bolt on direct to factory exhaust or a aftermarket cat-back exhaust + O2 Sensor bungs built in. I can secure 10 set for you @ $105.00 each. If you are interested Please e-mail me !!!

Best regards,

Che @ Delubozparts

fsugatorbait
11-04-2003, 03:45 PM
id say not much at all...only thing im not sure on is if the thing that looks like a cat actually does filter some of the air flow cause if you look at it, there is a sensor hole before the 'cat' and then in the middle. I emailed him as well and here is what he said...

"David Mcdavid Honda In Irving Texas did the test fit on their vehicle, no check engine light come on."

From that response it appears that it actually does something. Im very interested in this, could be very worth while. Just in comparison, options auto salon has a high flow cat, direct fit for about $280. Keep me posted.
Phil

EDIT: I emailed him about selling one outside of ebay, he came back with a price of $145 shipped, I countered with $130 so well see.

bioevolve
11-04-2003, 05:16 PM
I bought that ebay cat this past sunday (maybe some of you all bid against me lol (its just a resonator with pipe and flanges) hehehehe, it is no cat. Resonated Test pipe basically.
It should be here this week (hopefully).
It will throw a CEL, but I will try to mount the 2nd 02 sensor in a tube so it will sample less of the exhaust, which will simulate the correct readings. Sampling less emissions to simulate going thru a cat, reducing emissions readings.:D

andy
11-04-2003, 05:36 PM
phil/fsu,

Hmm...Did you see my post about if we could get 10 people, it would
only be $105? Wonder if that's shipped (doubt it).
It does "look" like it has a hi-flow cat, unlike the one bioevolve
won (I saw your name on their bio...*almost* outbid you just for the
hell of it - hehehe j/k), which looks like more of a test pipe, plus
probably isn't even the right picture.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how bio's performs/does with CEL.
I'm thinking about picking up one from this guy (the 2nd auctioneer),
though.

fsugatorbait
11-04-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by andy
phil/fsu,

Hmm...Did you see my post about if we could get 10 people, it would
only be $105? Wonder if that's shipped (doubt it).
It does "look" like it has a hi-flow cat, unlike the one bioevolve
won (I saw your name on their bio...*almost* outbid you just for the
hell of it - hehehe j/k), which looks like more of a test pipe, plus
probably isn't even the right picture.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how bio's performs/does with CEL.
I'm thinking about picking up one from this guy (the 2nd auctioneer),
though.

Andy,
I worked out a deal with him outside of ebay in exchange to do a complete write up on it and post it here. Said that it was tested by honda and didnt throw a CEL. Its being shipped tomorrow so ill have it in 4-5 days.

bioevolve
11-04-2003, 06:15 PM
phil/fsu,

(I saw your name on their bio...*almost* outbid you just for the
hell of it - hehehe j/k

You would have won it then, cuz I wasn't going any higher lol

andy
11-04-2003, 08:27 PM
fsu,

yeah, I think he offered me the same deal. If you get it in 4-5 days
and if fits without any problems (especially since you have aftermarket
header/exhaust), I'll probably order it as well. Maybe we can get another
7 or 8 and make it a group buy...I'm in FL, so cat's are useless to
me, anyway. ;)

Bio, heh, I'm sure all the Si stuff on eBay is probably viewed by
2000 ephatchers or something. just funny when i saw your ID on there...

fsugatorbait
11-05-2003, 10:06 AM
fsu,

yeah, I think he offered me the same deal. If you get it in 4-5 days
and if fits without any problems (especially since you have aftermarket
header/exhaust), I'll probably order it as well. Maybe we can get another
7 or 8 and make it a group buy...I'm in FL, so cat's are useless to
me, anyway. ;)

Andy,
Ill be sure to let you guys know how it works out, I just got the tracking number and he has been very good with communication so hopefully the product will be what were looking for.
Phil

andy
11-06-2003, 03:28 PM
Ok, so there is ANOTHER hi-flow cat on eBay now. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33629&item=2441570432) This one appears a bit cheaper (but it now
of $78, shipping is $20) and about the same as the other guys hi-flow
cat. Also has two sensor holes. What to do, what to do...Is it just
me, or do guys just look on ebay and when someone releases something,
two other people get the same part and undercut them? I don't get
the rash of these popping up within the last 3 days...weird.