PDA

View Full Version : A small problem with my car

Mwing
11-01-2003, 04:48 AM
When I start my car, no matter if warmed up or not, when it starts moving forward from 2 to 3 meters, there is a clicking or scratching noise from the passenger side front wheel. It happens only after I start the engine, unless I restart it, the noise will not appear. Let say if I stop the car fully, and move again, there is no noise. There is noise only after the engine start. The noise isn't loud, but when I don't turn on the stereo I can clearly hear it.

What's the problem? You guys have similar problem with yours? Mine is a 2003 SiR with 1400 km on it. 2 weeks since I drove it first time.

I think I may go to the dealership tomorrow to see what happens. Before that I just want some opinions from you guys.

Thanks in advance for any input.

nozomi
11-01-2003, 07:02 AM
I have some kinda sound when i start moving after engine started up also....but i am not sure if it's from the passenger side

However i guess it's normal, it could be the ABS system starting up. There's the similar noise thing for ek civic as well and IT IS the ABS system doing something, not that it's performing the anti-locking action tho.

Peking
11-01-2003, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I get something like that too from the passenger side. Happens once and a while, unless it happens everytime you go forward (or go back). Then try not to worry :D

chibianh
11-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by nozomi
I have some kinda sound when i start moving after engine started up also....but i am not sure if it's from the passenger side

However i guess it's normal, it could be the ABS system starting up. There's the similar noise thing for ek civic as well and IT IS the ABS system doing something, not that it's performing the anti-locking action tho.

I get that same noise too. It's like a clicking noise. This happens everytime i start the engine and begin rolling. after that first initial roll, it's not there anymore unless i turn off the engine and turn it back on and roll. I assumed it's normal.

Zero Three Si
11-01-2003, 09:29 AM
I think what you guys are talking about is a like a "thunk" noise when you first go forward or reverse in your car correct?

This happed to me be for about the first 6,000 - 8,000 miles. I believe it was the brake calipers or the rotors. It eventually went away.

Mwing
11-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Oh.... thank you guys, I think I don't have to go to the dealership then.

:)