PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get HEADers!!!

zacmatios
09-11-2002, 01:10 PM
just seeing if any of you civic si owners have bought some headers that have recently come out for (rsx/civic si). dc sports 4-2-1, or comtech 4-2.

just looking to see which ones you ppl thought were better. im leaning towards dc's header over comptechs just because its a 4-2-1 header and is also like 60 dollars cheaper that comptechs 4-2.

any info would be helpful.

thx, Matt

civic hatch boi
09-11-2002, 01:26 PM
alot of people here have the Hp headers for the base rsx. it's alot cheaper and the people seem to be happy with them :) but if ur down to spend more money. i think either dc or comptech would be kewl. peace :)

CleanBlackSi02
09-11-2002, 02:52 PM
I'll be waiting for DC headers....they've always proven themselves and the price isn't too high.

hacim
09-11-2002, 03:39 PM
I agree, DC is the way to go. My brother had great results when he had his black GSR. Then it was stolen and striped in Denver. They even took his airbags.

zacmatios
09-11-2002, 03:48 PM
is the hp header 2 piece or 1???

HondaMan
09-11-2002, 03:57 PM
BTW, where the heck is a place to buy HP headers?

civic hatch boi
09-11-2002, 04:36 PM
nopionline for HP headers.

zacmatios
09-11-2002, 04:36 PM
ok so i just purchased the hp chrome header from nopi. i did some research and i guess you cant lose for under 200 dollars. so its a done deal. hp header on the way.

02SilverSiHB
09-12-2002, 04:48 AM
I know you guys are going to hate me for being a smart ass, but here it goes................

it's a header, not headers. we don't have a v4, v6, v8 etc.
Inline....one header :D

BlackSi2002
09-12-2002, 07:43 AM
i was just about to post that, thanks man, it was driving me crazy!!!!!!!!

punkdork
09-16-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by zacmatios
ok so i just purchased the hp chrome header from nopi. i did some research and i guess you cant lose for under 200 dollars. so its a done deal. hp header on the way.

Which one did you get? Part no.? I don't see anything that says its for the SI.

DynaSpeed
09-16-2002, 11:43 AM
I don't see anything that says its for the SI.
It's not specifically for the Si. It's for the base RSX. It fits.

punkdork
09-16-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed

It's not specifically for the Si. It's for the base RSX. It fits.

Thanks I figured that out after I dug around some more. I guess I shouldn't be so lazy. :)

esmith13
09-16-2002, 01:15 PM
Why does the prices on Nopi vary so??

Is there really that much of a difference between DC, Comptec and HP??

How hard is it to install a Header?

Can someone sell me on why I should spend my next $200 on a header if I already have an intake and exhaust?

Sorry to be a pest, but I'm tryin' to gather as much good insight as I can.
I want to invest the right money for the right mods -- hopefully in the right order...

Thanks.

02SilverSiHB
09-16-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
Why does the prices on Nopi vary so??

Is there really that much of a difference between DC, Comptec and HP??

How hard is it to install a Header?

Can someone sell me on why I should spend my next $200 on a header if I already have an intake and exhaust?

Sorry to be a pest, but I'm tryin' to gather as much good insight as I can.
I want to invest the right money for the right mods -- hopefully in the right order...

Thanks.
the difference varies from quality, long lasting, and piping diameter. I can't quote exactly the measurements as for the piping size, but the hp is the best so far. DC is good and will last a long time, I've had one. Comptech is supposedly the best. That company has always made great products that don't fall apart and will last long

The install is a snap, just a few bolts at the head and then at the piping to the exhaust. It would help complete your setup since you have the intake and exhaust already. you will notice a difference....hell I did when I had a SOHC engine with my EX.
If you want the best bang for your buck, go for HP, I've seen the dyno numbers here on ephatch.com I have no idea how long they will last, but supposedly they are built really well. Also I'd spend the extra dough and get the ceramic....lighter and less heat in the engine compartment.