PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a HU w/ digital time correction in there EP?

FCobra94
11-01-2003, 05:43 PM
I'm trying to decide between a few diff HU's and was wondering if getting a HU w/ this feature was worth spending more $$$ on.

For those of you that do, did it make that dramatic of a difference? I'm specifically looking at the Eclipse HU's and I could save about $140 by going w/ the 5423 instead of the 8443 which has the DTC and some other random features I prob would'nt end up using anyway :p

Thanks for the help!

Brettnyt
11-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Digital Time correction? As in it automatically changes for daylights savings or what?

sabrownfl
11-01-2003, 07:35 PM
I have an Alpine 7892 in my '03 EP. Digital Time correction is certainly "for real" and will make a difference. With proper set-up and tuning, it pulled my subwoofer sound to the front seat with me, and helped a great deal with front stage centering.

Is it perfect? No. It will not make up for a truly professional install and time with an RTA, but it does make a difference.

sabrownfl

Brettnyt
11-01-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by sabrownfl
I have an Alpine 7892 in my '03 EP. Digital Time correction is certainly "for real" and will make a difference. With proper set-up and tuning, it pulled my subwoofer sound to the front seat with me, and helped a great deal with front stage centering.

Is it perfect? No. It will not make up for a truly professional install and time with an RTA, but it does make a difference.

sabrownfl

Woah... I get it... That sounds cool... Thanks for the info!

sabrownfl
11-01-2003, 09:38 PM
You should be able to find someone who can demo for you. Most of the newer head units have some form of DTC, at least on their higher end products. Find a friend and give it a listen. Your ears are what matters. If you can't hear a difference, then don't spend the money.

sabrownfl

davidc81
11-02-2003, 12:20 PM
DTC is cool, but it only helps when you're the only passenger in the car. besides that, messing with time alignment really opens up a pandoras box of problems. the best way to achive a nice soundstage is a properly designed system.

LASI02
12-02-2003, 09:19 AM
I agree with David on this one DTC is for someone who intends to compete with their vehicle and really isn't that great in a daily driver situation. That is unless you ride strictly by yourself in your car.