PDA

View Full Version : Help with Greddy Type S BOV

esmith13
11-01-2003, 11:32 PM
Well, Got my EP back with the Cybernation Stage I Turbo Kit installed... Car fucking rocks now!!

One small problem....

My BOV isn't working... Here's the deal. Install was professional. BOV is clamped to intake piping. Vacuum line was tapped in same spot as Boost Guage tap usinfg a 4-way adaptor. Boost Guage works fine so it's a good vacuum line. The Vacuum line is going into the nipple on the side of the BOV's purple cap, NOT the one on a downward pointing angle (that one is for an extra optional safety release valve). The set screw for the valve that has the soft/hard adjustment seems to be as far out as possible (sticking out of the BOV itself. The car drives fine aside from the back preassure since the BOV is int blowing off. Should I tighten down the soft/hard adjustment? Is the BOV broken?? The valve itself moves and seems to be fine when it was manipulated by hand, but even at full boost (like 9lbs) the BOV dosen't blow off... All I hear is the waste gate, and I know what the Greddy BOV SHOULD sound like...

Any ideas, suggestions... anything??

All help is apprecieated,

Eric

beansbear
11-02-2003, 02:38 AM
if you loosen the bolt at the top of the BOV all the way you should have a boost loss of some sort.

do you? if you do, just tighten it up until you hear the bov

digitldlnkwnt
11-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Dude take it back...tell'em whats up. You can damage your compressor due to pressure surge. sounds like they didnt install it right. That greddy bov shouldnt be all the way adjusted out like that. You not running max boost in order to justify maxing out settings. Drive it easy then take it back when you can.