PDA

View Full Version : My Steering Rod Ball Joints are Worn

Mad02Si
11-02-2003, 09:30 AM
I just swapped my stock wheels back on today, and I was doing a little suspension inspection. Both of the ball joint boots are worn and ripped. I dropped my car myself and I know they were fine then cause i did a inspection then before I got done. My question is, what caused this? Are the stock struts poorly designed to handle drop springs? I noticed with the K&W, and Tien that the shock body seems shorter, does this help with the ball joint problem. My camber seems fine cause I have no abnormal tire wear, so I'm thinking a better set of shocks would help. I like the drop I have but if I fix the boots and it happens again i'll be pissed. I might start saving for a set of coilovers if the problem lies in the stock strut design. Unless Koni, or Bilstien comes out with real replacement stocks for the Ep..

Civicvtec1ps
11-02-2003, 10:38 AM
lets just replace damn boot. i hear only cost $3 at dealer. Bilstien need to make damn shocks for our car. they are taking wayyyyyyyy to long :yellm:

Mad02Si
11-02-2003, 10:49 AM
I plan on replacing them but I just dont what to keep doing that every 3-6 months. A cure to the problem would be better, and i would have one less thing to worry about. I dont know how long they have been like this, cause i didnt inspect them when I got my rims.

sniperSI
11-11-2003, 08:37 AM
Would this cause pops and nosies coming from the front suspension?