PDA

View Full Version : diy carbon fiber ram air scoop

benmunger
11-02-2003, 05:56 PM
made this with carbon fiber.... it will direct all the air in a 4" by 8" area and ram it in to my OEM air box. Of course this carbon fiber scoop will sit behind my OEM grill. It's a little ugly sitting naked in the front there. now i just have to run the extra piping over to the intake box. any sugestions on what kind of materials to use and where to get them.

benmunger
11-02-2003, 06:00 PM
check out my white head light mod in the "how-to's" forum

benmunger
11-02-2003, 06:30 PM
here is a better pic

Rey
11-03-2003, 08:50 PM
Use PCV piping. If you wanna go ghetto, yet effective do that. I made a cai for my corolla using that piping and it worked like a charm. If they made a cai for my rolla, I wouldn't have pushed myself to do it. If you want pics, I can get some for yah.

benmunger
11-10-2003, 02:27 PM
sure, please do.

k20beast
11-10-2003, 11:46 PM
what i did for my ep was i just took out the whole airbox and put a cone at the end of it basically made my own short ram. really easy to do and takes about 5 min.

Blitzcrat
12-29-2003, 05:29 PM
I used the stock air filter plugged one end and found a pvc pipe big enough fit in the black rubber stock intake hose. I tightened the hose clamp and shoved the filter on it... It worked (wouldnt say there were any power gains but the motor definitely screamed)fine but start to rub on the lining under the hood so i put it back to stock.