PDA

View Full Version : snapping when hit breaks

K20A3Si
11-02-2003, 08:50 PM
every once and awhile i hear a loud snapping noise whenever i hit the breaks it sounds like it is coming from the front passanger side break...it sounds like something gets stuck and then snaps out of it.. i can start to feel the snap through my seat..it has been doing it more and more...anyone know what this could be?...its making me nervous:(

Loudpedal
11-02-2003, 09:41 PM
I hear the same noise. It only occurs however, for the first application of the brakes, after having either being driven from cold, or after having just reversed. I've pretty much concluded that it's the brake pad simply moving slighly in the caliper.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has encountered this, or if there is a TSB out for it.

chubbychu
11-02-2003, 09:45 PM
????? i dont know if its the same thing im talking about but, is it when you go from reverse and than brake? cuz if so, its normal

yea loudpedal...its simply that, it moves around and allows for expansion due to heat...its totally fine. thats one of things things that first worried me 2

sonic imperial
11-04-2003, 09:37 AM
I've heard this noise and sometimes it happens after I've driven the car around for a while. Just a loud snap, and sometimes it happens when I press the clutch in but it comes from the front passenger side area. Not sure how it would be related to the clutch but it's funny how they coincide.