PDA

View Full Version : OEM Wheel Locks

raiyo
11-02-2003, 11:29 PM
I'm reading lots of post and you guys said DON'T use OEM lugs with your aftermarket rims. But....are the OEM wheel locks seat right for aftermarket rims?

Driftin SI
11-03-2003, 07:23 AM
THat all depends on the rim, a lot of aftermarket rims usa cone type lugs while others use a ball type. Factory is ball type. Take a look at your new wheels, you should be able to tell what you have. Always use the proper lugs for your wheels. I have seen guys loose wheels while driving because they had the wrong lugs on.

fsugatorbait
11-03-2003, 02:22 PM
how can we tell what type of lugs we need? Im using my stock lugs on my aftermarket wheels, Rev model 3.

civic hatch boi
11-03-2003, 06:25 PM
lucky.... i wasn't able to use my stock lugs on my rotas.. well, i think i could have, but i went for the tuner lugs that are meant for aftermarket rims... the tapered end fits better .. safer

raiyo
11-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
lucky.... i wasn't able to use my stock lugs on my rotas.. well, i think i could have, but i went for the tuner lugs that are meant for aftermarket rims... the tapered end fits better .. safer

were u able to use your oem lock lugs?

civic hatch boi
11-04-2003, 01:07 AM
naw.. the oem lock lugs are the same shape as lugs aren't they? well, i bought a $25 lug set... could hav egotten kyokugens for $40, but too many horror stories...