PDA

View Full Version : Bulge Seat & Conical Seat - Difference???

raiyo
11-02-2003, 11:39 PM
Could someone tell me what's the difference in the two? I've done my part on searching and reading. All that's been covered is stock is bulge seated lugs (not safe for aftermarket rims) and aftermarket rims need conical seated lugs. That's all I know about them. Anyone wanna give me some 411 on em? Pictures will be nice when explaining. Thx in advance.

chunky
11-03-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by raiyo
Could someone tell me what's the difference in the two? I've done my part on searching and reading. All that's been covered is stock is bulge seated lugs (not safe for aftermarket rims) and aftermarket rims need conical seated lugs. That's all I know about them. Anyone wanna give me some 411 on em? Pictures will be nice when explaining. Thx in advance.

they describe the taper on the seat of the lugs. bulge is a rounded taper, while conical is a straight taper.

you can't mix and match. most stock wheels are bulge taper, most aftermarket tuner wheels are conical taper.

labelhunter
11-03-2003, 06:34 AM
How do you tell the difference between the two rims. My aftermarket rims came with the round seated nuts.

chunky
11-03-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by labelhunter
How do you tell the difference between the two rims. My aftermarket rims came with the round seated nuts.

your stock lugs are bluge seat, if they're anything different, they're conical.

Driftin SI
11-03-2003, 07:21 AM
Tire Rack has a good write up on the diffrent types of lugs.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/nutsandbolts.htm