PDA

View Full Version : so which is the best turbo kit????

javi2002whitesi
11-03-2003, 05:52 PM
I am in desperate need of more power my i/h/e setup just doenst do it for me anymore and i was wondering which kit is the most reliable, and head ache free of all the kits out for our ep. From the research ive done im leaning towards the greddy kit because it has what im lookin for, conservative boost and not to much power that the clutch cant handle. but i keep seein people having problems with the e-manage system.IM not looking for 250 hp at the wheels just something that will compete with my bro's rsx-s with boltons. any input is welcome.

revhard
sfp
cybernation
greddy
lemme know wut u guys think

TheMutt
11-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Well until some of the people who have turbos already start to pop up in here and correct me, here's my opinion on the whole thing:

From what I've been hearing Greddy and Cybernation have the best customer service. Save for the problems some people are having with the Greddy kit (which is appearantly wiring mistakes), the Greddy would probably be what you are looking for. It's relatively cheap, even though the I/C is separate, and the boost is at a reasonable level. You definitely wont get the same numbers as you would from the Cybernation, but that's only because they tune it for you. The Greddy with I/C and tuned properly could probably yield similar numbers, I don't see what they wouldnt. What it all comes down to, is you get what you pay for. Once you've decided that, you can work from there.

ep3guy
11-03-2003, 06:33 PM
I have a Greddy kit for sale, check the classifieds. ;)

finalhour
11-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Cybernation if you feel like driving down to Florida :\ Of course it's the best out there right now tho.

03CivicSi
11-11-2003, 07:36 AM
What about the Rev Hard?

esmith13
11-17-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by finalhour
Cybernation if you feel like driving down to Florida :\ Of course it's the best out there right now tho.

I didn't goto Florida.... i had mine installed at a shop in New Jersey ;)

Eric

MasterVTEC
11-17-2003, 08:31 PM
wassup guys!, i work at a local honda dealer in SoCal and we had 4 si's hear getting smoged!!! tight ass si's too....anyways i saw one with i think a new greddy turbo that was like t5oz some shit like that and with that turbo it gave the si 350 to the wheels!!!!

thats what the guys said.

4 si's

2 of them with the new greddy t5oz or something like that
1 supercharged
1 with some kinda set up

well..... these guys were from a company each

1 from hks
1 from skunk
1 i think morso cross some shit forgot already
1 from ?????

i just remember the hks one and the skunk 2 one

these si's made me want to hurry up and mod my car up, i feel like im fallin behind and sheit.

I just had my car for like 5 months and all i have a CAI AEM and Hondata!

K-Series
11-18-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by MasterVTEC
wassup guys!, i work at a local honda dealer in SoCal and we had 4 si's hear getting smoged!!! tight ass si's too....anyways i saw one with i think a new greddy turbo that was like t5oz some shit like that and with that turbo it gave the si 350 to the wheels!!!!

thats what the guys said.

4 si's

2 of them with the new greddy t5oz or something like that
1 supercharged
1 with some kinda set up

well..... these guys were from a company each

1 from hks
1 from skunk
1 i think morso cross some shit forgot already
1 from ?????

i just remember the hks one and the skunk 2 one

these si's made me want to hurry up and mod my car up, i feel like im fallin behind and sheit.

I just had my car for like 5 months and all i have a CAI AEM and Hondata!

Were they street cars or "show" cars? I'm thinking BS though.

greenguy
11-18-2003, 03:40 PM
did they pass smog?

stimpGSX
11-19-2003, 08:34 PM
ITS expensive but i think its the best.2003 HONDA CIVIC Si SFP TURBO KIT

250whp @6psi 207lbs tq
Garrett T3/T04E (1yr warranty)
Tial 38mm waste gate
Tial 50mm blow off valve
Custom intercooler core w/end tanks 2.5

esmith13
11-19-2003, 08:41 PM
If I recall correctly SFP dropped the methanol setup from the basic kit...

Not sure if that effects the HP drastically or not. Power for Power tho, that is a little less HP than from the Cybernation kit, not even counting the loss without the methanol setup...

Eric

EPHatchgirl
11-19-2003, 09:10 PM
ESmith is right, you DEFINITELY don't have to drive to Florida.... I installed my own Cybernation kit.... and I'm a girl.:p ;) :D

SFPracing
12-30-2003, 08:58 PM
Aquamist is still part of the kit.