PDA

View Full Version : someone stole my antanna

blackyEP3
11-03-2003, 07:41 PM
I was parked at the movie theatre and after watching Kill Bill, my roof antanna is gone!! I went to Honda and they want $50 canadian for it!! :( Anyone know where I can find a replacement cheaply?

k20hatch
11-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Yeah i thought i had the same problem this morning...I went outside got pissssed off when i took the cover off my car to see mine was gone...then after about 10 minutes i realized i took it off to put the cover on...oppss..:)

Peking
11-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Ya, off another EP. Just kidding, don't do that :D . Unless you walk on a dealership, and check out one of theirs ;) Sorry to hear that some one jacked your antenna. Most likely some punk ass kids :(

Brettnyt
11-03-2003, 08:05 PM
That sucks man... I dont want mine to get stolen... My neighbor always takes mine and hands it to me...

yellerep3
11-03-2003, 08:35 PM
hook an alarm up to it or something then get a shot gun!!!:mad:

IknowApirate
11-03-2003, 08:48 PM
I was worried that may happen to me. I think I'll take mine off before someone else does. I never listen to the radio anyway on account of how crappy it is and the fact that DJs are complete morons.

Zero Three Si
11-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Ebay has LOTS of them...or just find an old lady that drives an EP in your area and take hers.

blackyEP3
11-03-2003, 10:07 PM
I can't seem to find any on ebay. Went on ebay.co.uk too and not much luck!!! :(

Zero Three Si
11-03-2003, 10:14 PM
You didn't look hard enough...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33639&item=2440731768

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33639&item=2441193920

chibianh
11-03-2003, 10:21 PM
you can have mine... my radio reception sucks anyway.. wonder if it's cuz of the antenna.. ebay has some cool aluminum ones

FreakSoft
11-03-2003, 11:13 PM
When I was shopping around I stopped by the local VW dealership. They had taken all of theirs off because a week before someone had stolen alot of them. I didn't think antennas were that big of a market for cars.

Where can I get a antenna cap like the dealers have? I didn't get one when I purchased the car.

Anyone moded their antenna so the top of the EP is clean without a black pillar of uselessness ontop? I thought maybe a XM antenna could replace it nicely, but I can't force myself to purchase radio for $9.99 a month. Maybe even just bondo and paint it for a smooth top!

SpeedRacer
11-04-2003, 03:35 AM
personally that is alot better then getting your car stolen so dont stress that much. It's not worth it. anybody that would steel your antenna is a low life anyways that probly has no respect for himself either so im sure he has paid and will keep paying for being a Piece of shit through out life unless he changes his ways. It's called karma.

blackyEP3
11-04-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
You didn't look hard enough...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33639&item=2440731768

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33639&item=2441193920

Thanks BUD!! ;)

I just hate to spend $$ to replace things. I like to add things to my car. I searched antenna, honda antenna but nothing. I like the stock look more then the aluminum looking ones.

Hey chibianh,

You serious about giving/selling me your antanna? What are you going to use?

furious
11-04-2003, 07:31 AM
here is my .02

I wouldn't follow those advices that suggest using something to lock the antenna in like glue...cuz if a thief wants the antenna...let them have it. if a thief wants the autenna and it is glued...denting of the roof from jerking and possible repercussions (sp?) will evitably happen upon your EP.

I guess my opinion is biased cuz my car goes from my garage, to my company's surveilanced and guarded parking lots...and when I visit my folks...I park in their garage as well. I get anal whenever I have to make a stop somewhere, but I usually park near a 'nicer' car to prevent attention towards mine :D ;)

TrippZ
11-04-2003, 08:39 AM
someone was selling an s2000 replacement antenna for $10 in the classifieds. supposed to fit just fine on an ep.

blackyEP3
11-04-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by TrippZ
someone was selling an s2000 replacement antenna for $10 in the classifieds. supposed to fit just fine on an ep.

Yes, it will!!! :D Classifieds on ephatch??

Just checked it, thanks for the heads up!!! Us Canadian guys (well, just me) don't check the classifieds much since its mostly US guys selling big things. :D

SiR_d1
11-04-2003, 03:33 PM
I check it all the time, I actually found that forum for you when you mentioned yours got stolen. I knew I saw it somewhere so I just did a search and bingo;)

blackyEP3
11-04-2003, 04:39 PM
sweet guy!! Thanks for looking out for me man! I think I should be able to get a new antenna on my roof sometime next week! (I hope) I am not in a hurry but it just looks DAMN ugly.

So, you find your steelies yet?

I don't think I'll crazy glue it or nothing crazy this time around! If someone really wants it, they'll take it! If I am gone from my car for a long period of time, I may just take it off myself to save myself the trouble. As furious above mentioned, I don't want them to kick my car or something out of frustration or something!

sai_iii
11-04-2003, 07:23 PM
does anyone have the aluminum antenna? I thought about getting one but thought it was kinda ricey? Does any one think so?

chibianh
11-04-2003, 07:31 PM
i have a silver car.. it'll go with silver.. but do what makes u feel good.. don't worry about what others think.

idrive
11-05-2003, 01:18 AM
dude... just go to a dealer and take one off an EP or S2k...
who has paid for a new antenna??? stupid stupid stupid...

TriniTurismo
11-05-2003, 01:35 AM
that same thing happened to my brother, but honestly i am not sure wher eu can find a new one unless u go to honda. i know the s2000 ones fi tour cars, cause they gave them to some people whentheres got stolen, and my bros SI badge got stolen also. a while back, itsnot a bigg u will get over it soon, just remember ur lucky to have a car like that so whoever the ass is that stole part of u car, is a loser, that can't even afford a car so he steals lil by lil till his thing get hard off of it. poor losers out there.

blackyEP3
11-05-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by idrive
dude... just go to a dealer and take one off an EP or S2k...
who has paid for a new antenna??? stupid stupid stupid...

Trust me, this crossed my mind!! The funny thing is when this happened, a fellow Canadian EPhatch member was parked a few spots from where I was. He had his on. :( I've met the guy and there is no doubt in my mind that he had nothing to do with it.

If I was 16, I wouldn't think twice before taxing someone else's stuff. Since I do make a decent living (not rich by any standards), I just don't feel I should be taking stuff that doesn't belong to me.

I did get a replacement anyway. $18 USD later.

Life goes on.............