PDA

View Full Version : who usues thier ep as a daily driver

yellerep3
11-03-2003, 07:59 PM
who uses thier ep as a daily driver, if so what mods are you going to get and whats the extend of the mods you plan to do. Im wondering cause i wanna go turbo but I dunno if its a good idea cause i put like 50 miles a day on my car to and from work i had it a year and 7 months and have 30000, any feedback fellow ep3erz

k20hatch
11-03-2003, 08:02 PM
I have a 1990 honda civic as a rain ride...I wanna start keeping the miles off the si but i cant go a day without taking her around the block a few times!

Brettnyt
11-03-2003, 08:03 PM
Yeah, i use mine as a daily driver... Plannin on intake exhaust header maybe hondata... I just dont have the money for turbo... Go for it man! Just because u have a turbo doesnt mean u always have to be runnin 12lbs of boost... Just dont always redline and u will be fine... :D

civicSIracer
11-03-2003, 08:07 PM
i drive my ep everyday. i would stay away from turbo for a daily driver. maybe i/h/e and hondata when they come out with a decent program. or the ultimate daily driver would be the k20a2 swap.

TheMutt
11-03-2003, 08:13 PM
Is turbo much more risky if you drive your car around 50 miles or so a day?

1abSi
11-03-2003, 08:18 PM
i use it for that and i think i do about 500 per week right now being away for school. i had the whole i/h/e setup, but took all but the intake off cause i missed the "around town driveability" with the lack of some of the low end tq. i want to do ANYTHING to make the car faster...mainly swapping on a prb head...but i cannot seem to find one for a good price...i would deff do turbo, but i would go sc before i did that just for sake of instant power...and look at it this way. you are paying all that money for the car...might as well get that use out of it...if something goes....gives you more reason to upgrade:cool:

Loudpedal
11-03-2003, 08:24 PM
My EP is my daily driver. Enjoy your car, and if modding it and driving it gives you enjoyment, keep putting on the mileage. Honda's will go forever.

yellerep3
11-03-2003, 08:26 PM
yeah i know, it just hurts putting miles on her, but how do you all feel about this, i was planning to keep her for a while, maybe never even get rid of her, so i was thinking of getting just some bolt ons, when the milage hits at leats 120,000 swap for the k24 or k20r then put at least 50 thousand on that then rebuild it with a turbo, hopefully by then i can park it just for weekends>>>>good plan>>>?

Peking
11-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Yeah, i use mine as a daily driver... Plannin on intake exhaust header maybe hondata... I just dont have the money for turbo... Go for it man! Just because u have a turbo doesnt mean u always have to be runnin 12lbs of boost... Just dont always redline and u will be fine... :D

I use mine too as my daily (only car) ride. Daily I put all little more than 80 miles a day. I was planning on saving up for the Cybernation kit (should take me a year), but since I want something now. Headers, and Hondata flash will be coming soon. What Brettnyt says about if you had turbo, you don't have to be running alot of boost. Is true, I was going to ask for moderate boost when I get mine :D

ep3guy
11-03-2003, 08:28 PM
My car was daily driven with i/h/midpipe+hondata reving to 7700 daily. Soon to be a boosted daily driver. :D

Peking
11-03-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Loudpedal
My EP is my daily driver. Enjoy your car, and if modding it and driving it gives you enjoyment, keep putting on the mileage. Honda's will go forever.

Just do all the req. maintance. Replacing all the after market parts (cause they don't last forever), and you be good to her. Things should be good for along time.

Civicvtec1ps
11-03-2003, 08:34 PM
daily drive here.
just intake for now
planning to get new midpipe. downpipe. hondata gasket, hondata ecu. just for little kick,

HondaMan
11-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Everyday to work and back (20 miles round trip). :) See my sig links below for more about my mods.

ep pilot
11-03-2003, 08:41 PM
Well I just started a new job 28 miles ea. way, I'm content with adding perf tires Dunlop Sp9k's and perhaps a 1" drop and stereo, then call it one. I've come to terms I want an '04 Mazda RX-8 with sport appearance pkg, by this time next year.

-Ryan

yellerep3
11-03-2003, 09:21 PM
do you guys think the jackson racing option is a wsste of tyme. and im nervous to bring my ep to honda for service, with the sparcos in it, true being its a leasse. yall think they would give me a problem

oogy-boogy
11-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Daily driver here with some aftermarket kaakaa.

jaepoori
11-03-2003, 09:40 PM
bought my shit end of july so it makes it 2 months old? and i have about 7700-8000 miles....-_-...i drive too much man. I have magnaflow exhaust and thas about it. More will come once spring hits....OH HELL YES it shall

Zero Three Si
11-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Daily driver to work and the gym. I bought the car in April of 2003 and I have about 10,500 miles on her. Granted I went to quite a few sporting events this year so the milage is a little higher than what it would normally be.

I plan on getting I/H/E and some springs and wheels. Other than that....I plan on keeping her FOREVER. After I pay her off in 2007, I'll get a REAL sports car and the Si will be my daily beater.

enecks
11-03-2003, 10:01 PM
After I pay her off in 2007, I'll get a REAL sports car and the Si will be my daily beater.

That's my plan, too! Mine's a daily driver, by the way.

yellerep3
11-03-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by enecks
That's my plan, too! Mine's a daily driver, by the way.

i was thinking about this myself, but i have so many school loans to pay off

RacingCivicSi02
11-03-2003, 11:14 PM
mines is daily driver. with I/E . I have about 40k miles already. Had the car for about 1 1/2 years. my car goes everywhere with me.

klik
11-04-2003, 12:16 AM
same here putting about 45 miles a day, she have 19000 miles on her already i have here in about 11 months now, i have I/H/E and more to come

mod it and drive it! thats the solution

Driftin SI
11-04-2003, 07:06 AM
Mine's a daily beater, autocrosser and track car all in one.

STP03BlueSI
11-04-2003, 07:14 AM
Daily driver have 6021 miles as of July..but i have takin neurmous trips to Orlando and one to Atlanta...and i drive my car over the weekends with the girl, she is worried about her new paint job and redo on the CF hood she has.

sk8flex
11-04-2003, 07:20 AM
Mines a daily driver, too. I use the car to get to work and for every other trip as well. Only for shopping I use my GF`s car... :D

Felix

Gasp23
11-04-2003, 07:23 AM
I drive my car about 50 miles a day. This is the only car I have and I plan to keep it forever.

I have I/midpipe and I plan to get headers, Mugen Suspension 16" wheels and tires and I'll save $ for the a2 swap when the warranty runs out.

furious
11-04-2003, 07:38 AM
drive mine as daily driver for 98 miles round-trips...

warranty? what warranty? I don't need no stinkin warranty...

D16Y8_Turbo
11-04-2003, 07:48 AM
My old '96 Civic was turboed and I drove it daily. It never had any problems and I drove the crap out of the car. As someone suggested, do the maintenances and you will be fine.

My EP is my daily driver with i/h/hondata and I have no problems with the car. Current mileage 2,994 and I have had it for 7 months.

Go with the boost, 50 miles a day on the car won't hurt it unless you overboost etc.

bigcase
11-04-2003, 10:05 AM
i use mine as a daily driver, but i dont put more than twenty miles a day on it.(i live close to work) BUT and this is a big but, i put about a thousand miles in a weekend every other weekend or two. im about 80 miles shy of 36K (and in only a year and three months!!!) pathetic i know. i havent had any problems to speak of with my car yet and the shifter is still smooth as silk. i have intake, midpipe, hondata. its lowered on progress (with the bunk stock shocks) mugen down the road. i have some 17inch racing harts and i love to drive the heck out of my car EVERY day. i would say that the ultimate daily driver would be to go with an A2 swap with hondata. man, i would be all smiles. ITS A HONDA, DRIVE THE PEE OUT OF IT!!!!

pedzola
11-04-2003, 10:51 AM
Daily driver to school... only 1000 miles on the car right now (had it about a month), but when I start my job in January it will be a different story. Round trip to work is going to be 100 miles.=\

chibianh
11-04-2003, 10:58 AM
my daily driver... about 50 miles per day. I didn't plan on having my Si as the daily driver.. that job was supposed to be for my old 95 lx. But, i couldn't stand driving it after driving the ep3.. so i gave the car to my little sister. :P

FiL
11-04-2003, 11:01 AM
mines a daily driver. had it since the end of september and i have about 1700 miles on it.:)

danoonez
11-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Got my car in January 2003 with 115 test driven miles (mine is an 02, had been there a while) and have about 14xxx on her right now. I hardly drive it anymore but its okay cause I take a trip every now and then back to my home in San Antonio which is a 600 mile round trip so she still gets her work in. I'm gonna keep it stock for right now, its fast enough as it is to get me my first speeding ticket a while ago, and I'm focusing all my funds on a project Ek or Eg that my brother and I have coming up...watch out for it:cool:

AntiReality
11-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Just going to school and back is 50 miles per day. Add work and gym to that equation and you get anywhere between 60-100 miles per day. Weekend days are 100 miles easy each.
Daily driven (bone stock right now though). Probably turbo later on. Daily driving with turbo isn't too bad, my friend does it on his EG hatch w/ either a Drag or RevHard kit (I think its the drag...not sure). He just stays below boost most of the time. No problems for him so far besides the fact that he's untuned =P

styllinep3
11-06-2003, 05:03 PM
daily driver.

i have now: cai, header, exhaust, springs, bars, es motor mount bushings, alumninum shifter house bushings, ctr 22 mm rear sway, neuspeed front sway bushings, hypeflex system.
still runs strong. i take very good care of my engine. tranny sucks though. i think im gonna put in type s 6 speed.

my plans yet are: shocks, brakes, the 6 speed, mabye hontdata, cams, pitons all thay goood stuff if they ever make it for the a3. if they dont ill kill this a3 and drop an a2 in it .

BarracksSi
11-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Come to think of it, my shoes are my daily drivers -- I live within a 20 minute walk to my job.

But, the EP isn't a weekend-only car, either. I'll drive it anywhere, sometimes just to be inside it while it's moving. I'm even holding off on stereo mods because I like listening to the engine so much.

Speaking of which... I think I'd like to take it for a drive tonight, even in the rain we're having, even with the gorgeous wax & buff job that I did Monday. I just want someone to drive alongside & take pictures of it in motion -- lots of tunnels in the DC area that remind me of that "CTR Does Stockholm" video that was posted early this year.

Plus, the traffic will be less, which means I'll have more space to myself. :)

danoonez
11-06-2003, 07:12 PM
But, the EP isn't a weekend-only car, either. I'll drive it anywhere, sometimes just to be inside it while it's moving. I'm even holding off on stereo mods because I like listening to the engine so much.

I think you might love your Honda almost as much as I love mine.:cool:

EKON
11-07-2003, 07:25 AM
I use mine as a daily driver, I think thats why I still love this car.

EKON:D

K20A3Si
11-07-2003, 09:01 AM
i live in southbridge an di go to school in milton mass. i live at school during the week and home on weekends.it s about 84 miles to school so i drive to school on sunday nigts and park her for almost the whole week. i take her out once and awhile during school to rack up miles...th emore miles the better i think...she will be paid of in 3 more years...i will be swapping the A3 for the K20R. i work for honda so getting that motor easily and for a good price will be easy.;)

myyellocrx1
11-07-2003, 12:17 PM
I had my 03 Black Ep3 for 4 months and a week, i only have 1459 miles on it. I try to keep miles from it. I drive mostly my 1989 Yellow CRX Si. The CRX is the most fun to drive....

BarracksSi
11-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by K20A3Si
i will be swapping the A3 for the K20R. i work for honda so getting that motor easily and for a good price will be easy.;)

Let us know how easy and how cheap so we can all say "f*ck off"... ;)

Then, we'll save up & ask you to get some more of 'em!

RockEP_SS**
11-07-2003, 01:57 PM
Our EP is daily driven! Turbo and everything!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

Si3
11-07-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by yellerep3
yeah i know, it just hurts putting miles on her, but how do you all feel about this, i was planning to keep her for a while, maybe never even get rid of her, so i was thinking of getting just some bolt ons, when the milage hits at leats 120,000 swap for the k24 or k20r then put at least 50 thousand on that then rebuild it with a turbo, hopefully by then i can park it just for weekends>>>>good plan>>>?

great plan! unless you have the 02 euro yellow(im guessing by your name)... then sell and get silver, black, or blue... then save it forever, swap , boost, and all that other fun stuff!!

;) just my opinion.... ;)

-aj-

Si3
11-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
lots of tunnels in the DC area that remind me of that "CTR Does Stockholm" video that was posted early this year.

ive never seend this CTR does Stockholm you speak of...

already did a search, no luck...

got a link?

-aj-

BarracksSi
11-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Didn't think I could find it either, but here's the forum link:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16023&highlight=CTR+video

HOWEVER, the link to the video is broken. The guy who drove in the video has a site at the following link... but I can't find the video itself anywhere via Google.

http://www.mickectr.com/

HondaMan
11-07-2003, 06:20 PM
I got mine yesterday and hope to have some time to install them this weekend. :)

yellerep3
11-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Si3
great plan! unless you have the 02 euro yellow(im guessing by your name)... then sell and get silver, black, or blue... then save it forever, swap , boost, and all that other fun stuff!!

;) just my opinion.... ;)

-aj-

I dunno I like the euro yellow, I personally think its very unique, i mean ta each his own, and I do understand that some dont like it, but like i sed ta each his own, the blue is hot but I think the yellow is hotter, important thing is we are all in the same family of happy ep3's.