PDA

View Full Version : Specs on engine internals

madbrain
09-11-2002, 06:35 PM
Does anyone have or know where to find specs on rod size, length and rod to piston ratios for the SI and RSX-S. If we share the above parameters with the type-s swapping in those 11:1 pistons would be no problem. I already know that the displacement is exactly the same so the pistons are the same diameter. Its simply a matter of the ratio. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

grooveline
09-11-2002, 07:17 PM
9.8:1 compression
86mm x 86mm bore and stroke
2.0 liter displacement

madbrain
09-12-2002, 06:14 PM
Thank you grooveline but I know the compression ratio, I would like to know if our rod length and rod to piston ratio is the same.

madbrain
09-13-2002, 07:12 PM
Just bumpin this up, help me out here I would like to get more technical in the engine section rather than just discussing bolt-ons. I can tell you after modding an mx-6 bolt-ons were not easy to come by and we had to help each other find something as simple as an intake. With the SI i now have i could pick up a CAI inbetween the bread and dairy aisle at the grocery store. LOL

So we all know where to find i/h/e. We also know where to find type-s or type-r pistons and rods. All I would like to know is if our rod length and or rod to piston ratio is the same. If noone knows I will try to find out and post.

02-sir
09-14-2002, 10:01 AM
The only thing I can offer is this quote from an old SCC article on the RSX:

"As expected, the crankshaft is a high-strength forging with micro-polished journals. The connecting rods are 139mm long, giving the engine a 1.62:1 rod/stroke ratio. This is slightly better than the B18's 1.58:1, but still relatively small compared with most high-performance non-Honda engines. The K20C in the Type S and the K20A in the standard RSX use different connecting rods (those in the Type S are stronger) and different pistons. The Type S piston is domed for an 11.0:1 compression ratio (the base RSX is 9.8:1) and has low-friction coatings on the piston skirts. The bottom of the Type S pistons are cooled with high-pressure oil squirters as well."

It mentions the difference in rods (as far as strength goes) but only lists one length, which leads me to assume they are the same, and therefore ours are the same. Oh no, here I go using the "A" word again. Anyway, I think it's a safe assumption.

(note this article is pretty old and there was some confusion to the naming of the K20C (err I mean K20A2)

HTH

madbrain
09-14-2002, 11:36 AM
Thank you, at least their is hope.

02SilverSiHB
06-23-2003, 05:50 PM
there's the answer I was looking for...1.62:1 isn't bad at all.