PDA

View Full Version : Bit the bullet and ordered some............

icegrill
11-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Blizzaks with new steel wheels from the tirerack. Last year I didn't need them but this year It's already snowed and the road tonight was slick as shit. I hate the feeling of accelerating and having your car drift sideways. Anyone else have to put snows on their poor si. I'll post pics when I get them. Fuck. $500 poorer:'(

hernameis?
11-04-2003, 11:10 AM
lol, I feel your pain. I ordered 15" steelies and hankook w401s from discounttire.com $410 shipped. Sucks, but just look at it this way... My life is worth $500 bucks right..

icegrill
11-04-2003, 01:55 PM
True, I rationalized buying them after last night, some asshole almost slid into the back of me from locking up their brakes. I could barely get enough traction with the stock bricks to cross the street. I figure any money spent to prevent body damage is necessary.

furious
11-06-2003, 06:40 AM
I have a set of 15" steelies painted flat black with 185/65/15s from Yoko.

I have driven on them for 1 week and I'm going to take them POSz off ASAP and put back my Si stocks with Michelins...I HATE the damn feel of sliding sideways and sliding when changing lanes under acceleration on snowtires on DRY/WET/non-snow roads..

Snowtires suck ass on Dry...suck ass on Wet...probably suck as on snow at any speed other than Ssslllooowwwwwww.

Nough said, I live on top of a fuggin hill that SUVs get stuck on, and I'm going to chance with my stockies as looonnnnggg as possible.

hernameis?
11-06-2003, 08:20 AM
lol i hear that i got some fatties 205/15 and now she feels soo losse. but i just decided to keep it under 70.. im gonna leave mine on since i dont wanna be out in the middle of a blizzard changin em out..