PDA

View Full Version : lowered plus snow =?

trabadoo22
11-03-2003, 11:41 PM
I am wondering if there is anyone who has driven a lowered car in snow on here and what the results were. I have just gotten my Mugen suspension and I am debating wheather or not to put them on before winter. I'm pretty sure I will just wait until spring since I hope to have a winter beater for the next winter, but I am just curious how a car with a lowered suspension in snow performs. Thanks.

SiR Medic
11-04-2003, 07:11 AM
It would perform about the same in the snow, you just got to be careful with your front bumper scraping in to stuff.

ie. When the snowplow fills in the front of your driveway, you now have to shovel it out or risk damaging the car.

Driftin SI
11-04-2003, 07:22 AM
I drove this around last winter and never had any problems. All of my cars have been lowered and I've never really had an issues in winter time, you just have to be a little bit more careful is all. If you get a lot of snow in your area, invest is some snow tires and you'll be fine.

http://chicagovw.org/memb_cars/cars/a2golf/connie/lake1.jpg

sk8flex
11-04-2003, 07:34 AM
That

Driftin SI
11-04-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by sk8flex
Driftin SI: You had a Golf, too? Here is my old GTI on the left, my friend`s Golf on the right. [/IMG]

Very nice Felix :) Thats one of my Golfs, I have had quite a few, somewhere in the area of ten over the past 13 years. I love VW's but I already had a MKIV so I figured it was time for something different.

Civicvtec1ps
11-04-2003, 08:12 AM
i will be driving lowered ep. its all good , i will drive carefully.
car is lowered with tein s tech springs.

trabadoo22
11-04-2003, 08:03 PM
Thanks. It's just so tempting to put them in especially since I see them everyday. Who knows, if I get some time to install them then I will. If not they will be in by next spring. Thanks again.