PDA

View Full Version : aem v2

sai_iii
11-04-2003, 07:11 PM
I was looking around in ebay and look what i found! A pretty good price, but scroll down! It says a 16 hp/20 lbs. torque gain! Is this true? if so i am definately getting this intake!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38634&item=2441344943

Aaron 02 Si
11-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Call AEM. See if it is true. Tell them you want to order it, but not sure how it compares with other CAIs on the market for the EP. Ask them how much Horsepower and Torque is increased. And if they don't have that information on file, say something like "how can you sell a product that you don't know the specifications of?"

Civicvtec1ps
11-04-2003, 10:44 PM
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23589

v2 sucks

sai_iii
11-05-2003, 07:03 AM
That was just one incident with that RSX and he probably installed it wrong. I don't think anyone has it on their ep yet so no one can really say it sucks unless they have installeed on their car and tryed it out. I saw the dynos for the other RSX's and they had great gain, so i will stay optimistic.:) I will contact AEM though.

By the way what is Heat Soak?

Dunrick
11-05-2003, 09:02 AM
heat soak is when your engine is soaked in heat after too much racing....happens a lot to 1/4 racers. when your engine gets heat soak, it just runs at 3/4 performance almost. Heat is the enemy!! and the a3 produces a lot for what it is...

Mighty_Mouse
11-05-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by sai_iii
That was just one incident with that RSX and he probably installed it wrong. I don't think anyone has it on their ep yet so no one can really say it sucks unless they have installeed on their car and tryed it out. I saw the dynos for the other RSX's and they had great gain, so i will stay optimistic.:) I will contact AEM though.

By the way what is Heat Soak?

Good luck. I'm sure that you'll pick up a few HP with the drastically lighter wallet that you'll be wearing. You might want to actually read the post on the RSX forum, not to mention searching for the other dynos. You'll be lucky to get more than 2-3HP on an Si.

sai_iii
11-05-2003, 02:41 PM
Well i called aem today and all i got was our cai out perform all other cai's on the market, and the v2 outperforms the cai. I asked for the specs on hp/tq gain and i was told that the technicians have not posted that info yet. I was just told to look at the cai's specs and know that the v2's numbers are better. So basically i was given the basic salesman bs, but he also said that installation was also eaisier than their cai. So i guess i'll just wait until i see an actual dyno before i jump the gun and get it. I was just surprised to see the 16hp/20 lbs tq gain. But like i said i will stay optimistic!:cool:

DavidT
11-05-2003, 02:50 PM
16 HP is complete udder BULLSHIT. AEM can suck my big guy on this one. If they actually claim they got 16 HP/20 ft-lb torque from their stupid V2 crap, they are stupid. Think about it, JR's god damn supercharger only gives you roughly an additonal 40 WHP. And AEM's stupid V2 is going to give you almost half that??? Just a single intake? :banana: I'm sure once the V2 gets more popular and when more people are willing to fork out the money to buy it, the more disappointed people there will be and the more people there will be to hate AEM.

rs_1101
11-05-2003, 02:56 PM
there was a v2 vs. cai vs. stock dyno on a 95 civic hx.

the v2 DOES increase max horsepower like 5 over CAI, however,
due to the new technology of tuning a long intake shaft, the v2 DOES lose power to the CAI at other rpms, at times dipping up to 5 HP under a CAI.
MAX HORSEPOWER = YES
MAX POWER GAIN = NO
as the v2 doesnt really put much AREA under it over the CAI. it only gains most at certain rpms, at others it loses to CAI.

me personally, i think its a GREAT idea to try this, but its too new and needs more R&D to really be used to be effective. id hold on the v2 for now guys, the CAI is already quite a fine peice of engineering

sai_iii
11-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the info. If thats the case i might just get the aem cai. I know for sure i want to get the magnaflow exhaust, since it does have any power loss(right?). I was wondering if get the cai and the Magnaflow, will i lose any torque anywhere? I heard the Magnaflow has gains everywhere, and i know the cai loses about 2lbs. of torque at around 3,000 rpms. But other than that will i lose any more power with just this setup?(magnaflow exhaust/aem cai) I know this has probably been discussed thoroughly but i search and i find only threads about other setups.