PDA

View Full Version : good and bad

redronin22
09-11-2002, 08:36 PM
i hate it when peeps bad mouth our cars so i thought of a somewhat biased look at the two Si's 02' n 00'

first off:
00'
lighter than our cars+
looks just like 32 million other civic coupes-
higher reving engine+
generic interior (see 32 million other civics)
great after market back up+
gotta rev the crap outta it to get it to go-
higher hp per liter+
engine screams better+

now for 02'
looks like no other civic+
looks like an odessey-
heavy as a pig-
low reving engine-
great interior seat details etc+
good power band+
no after market (for now)-
quiet interior+

in the end i thinks its all a matter of preference. me i like something different and went for this car instead of a used 00' which is tried and true. Our cars are new and its kinda of a guinea pig product for now so we have to wait and see how car the k series can go but since they dont make b16 equipped cars any more im assuming its gonna be a bright future. =-) just my .0 cents

CleanBlackSi02
09-11-2002, 09:09 PM
The problem is that some people don't understand the concept of creative criticism. Or, they're just too immature to open up their minds to new and different things/cars.

nickw252
09-11-2002, 09:25 PM
Hey, I have a 00 Si and I dont badmouth, dont generalize :D

I also like something different, while I like the looks of the 02 Si, I know a lot of other people dont like them so that kinda sucks.

The interior of them is totally pimp though and I know that they are really easily modded.

MagusDC5
09-11-2002, 09:35 PM
looks just like 32 million other civic coupes

How is this necessarily a bad thing. FBP and MR can be made into total sleepers. EBP on the other hand is a color no other trim Civic got.

todaCspec
09-12-2002, 06:11 AM
it's good to be different. if nobody likes it,then nobody will buy it. makes it even more of a rare car to have,as well as the low prices that are offered. also if they don't own,they won't want to steal for parts!

sonic imperial
09-12-2002, 06:39 AM
I agree with most of that. My interior is not as quiet as it was when I first bought it though. I hate to complain but this is my 3rd new honda and all 3 started creaking and rattling after driving them for a little bit. My Si has pops and creaks already and only 1200 miles. That sucks in my opinion, especially since I drive on mostly smooth roads with only a few with slightly rougher pavement. I don't know what else to do but just live with it and turn up the radio. Taking it to the dealer is a pain for those kinds of problems.

BoricuaSi
09-12-2002, 06:44 AM
All the guys I work with are into cars (of course) and when I showed up in my ep they were laughing at me cause they all liked the 00 Si that I almost purchased a lot better. After them going for a spin in the ep and feeling the power they didn't laugh at it anymore, in fact one of them is going to buy one. It's all a matter of time till they get more exposure out there. Remember that when they first advertised them they were in that piss yellow also, that didn't help much.

SBC31
09-12-2002, 07:17 AM
Where I live I've had nothing but excellent compliments about my 02 SiR. I would say that 95% of the people have loved my car. Most people that don't like the 02 SiR's are ones that have not even seen the car in person.

Then again, who cares if they like it. All that matters is that I LOVE MY 2002 SiR.

hacim
09-12-2002, 07:28 AM
I have people stoping me and asking me about the car alot. I have people asking me about the car while I am siting in trafic. I also agree with the fact that the friends of mine that dont like it are the ones that havnt seen one in person. To be completly honest I didnt like it in the pictures, its a much better looking car in person. Now that the weather is getting cooler I can definetly feel the power difference, I love Coloradoand my Silver EP.

CleanBlackSi02
09-12-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by BoricuaSi
All the guys I work with are into cars (of course) and when I showed up in my ep they were laughing at me cause they all liked the 00 Si that I almost purchased a lot better. After them going for a spin in the ep and feeling the power they didn't laugh at it anymore, in fact one of them is going to buy one. It's all a matter of time till they get more exposure out there. Remember that when they first advertised them they were in that piss yellow also, that didn't help much.

David K. is going to curse you any minute now for making fun of the Yellow. Hehehe....

silver ep
09-12-2002, 09:08 AM
any minute now :D

K20NutBucket
09-12-2002, 09:09 AM
I luv my car and like everyone else i get a lot of compliments. Now the main group i hang out with luvs it too, but they like to tease me with it by pointing and calling it a focus. but thats ok cause we all joke around. I noticed too, a lot of the older gen. civic hatchback and newer rsx owners like them too. Maybe the ones the except change are the ones that understand the cars look and feel. ;)

hacim
09-12-2002, 09:14 AM
I get the same thing with the Focus. One night I got into some road rage and this guy followed me to my brothers house and I beat his ass in my brothers front yard in front of three of his freinds. Anyway I called the cops cus he saw where I lived and I didnt want him fuckin up mine or my wifes car and trhe cop asked me if that was my new Focus. I stoped, looked at my wife and infront of the cop I said he called it a Focus. Not even an apology.

silver ep
09-12-2002, 09:18 AM
I cant belive that. The EP in my mind looks nothing like the Focus, what an ignorant a$$.

hacim
09-12-2002, 09:21 AM
I agree 100% and these guys are supost to know there cars. I could run from that cop and he would be looking for a silver Focus. LOL

SmoothOperator
09-12-2002, 01:27 PM
EBP on the other hand is a color no other trim Civic got

In Canada, the Si (US EX) got the EBP colour choice too.
And when I hit that mountain biker, the cops were asking 101 questions about my car. They thought it was cool! ;)