PDA

View Full Version : Setup $$$ and completeness questions

furious
11-05-2003, 12:27 PM
I am saving up now to lower my ride, but I want it done exactly right.

No need to convince me on what other type of coil-overs to get as I've already read much posts and am decidedly on this.

1) I want Tein Basic Dampers.
2) I assume that I need fr and rr camber kits and will get whatever cheapest and works.
3) I will be having them installed professionally.

My questions are:

1) What am I missing from this plan?
2) Can the camber kits be installed at the same time?
3) I assume that I need to have my height determined and set prior to camber installation, yes?
4) Do shops typically perform the alignment right then and there? Or should I wait?
5) How much for parts and labor on avg.? Will 1,500 be sufficient?

THANKS A LOT for replies..I just need to be sure what my target is.

glw
11-05-2003, 02:17 PM
missing is strut tower bars and anti-sway bars... maybe a lower tie bar or two as well... there are more suspension goodies but the stb's and sways are pretty standard stuff.

furious
11-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by glw
missing is strut tower bars and anti-sway bars... maybe a lower tie bar or two as well... there are more suspension goodies but the stb's and sways are pretty standard stuff.

thanks for the advice:) I mean though, for now, just the lowering done RIGHT..

rs_1101
11-05-2003, 02:50 PM
on the alignment, i would probably let the springs settle in for a few miles, let everything kindof get into place b4 alignment, but most shops will let you do a free alignments within 90 days of another alignment. you could probably save close to 400$+ in labor by installing some of this yourself.. like the camber kit.. easy install

bobdobbs
11-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Camber kits should be installed when you install your Teins. There's no reason to wait. You should get an alignment, too, so you should decide on how much drop you want ahead of time, and also what you want your camber to be. I did about -1 degree in the front and -0.6 deg in the rear. Changing your ride height later is still possible without getting an alignment. Small height adjustments don't affect your alignment much.

bobdobbs
11-05-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by rs_1101
on the alignment, i would probably let the springs settle in for a few miles
He's getting Tein coilovers. They don't settle.