PDA

View Full Version : fitment problems

dustinhurley
09-11-2002, 11:38 PM
We all need to somehow find a way to decide what will and wont fit on the USDM Si's. The front and rear CTR lips haven't been proven to fit or not fit. We don't know if the wing will fit. We don't know about the Japanese aftermarket stuff fitting, like Mugen. It seems like a lot of us are wanting to invest in body kits, but no one has yet because of the worries. I really don't know how to solve this problem. Maybe people should use their connections to dealers and part producers as much as possible so we can start to sort this out. I want that damn CTR kit.

SmoothOperator
09-12-2002, 12:09 AM
My understanding is, the OEM type-R front and rear lips won't fit. But the sideskirts will, and the wing too (with minor modification)

K20NutBucket
09-12-2002, 09:14 AM
smooth is right the front and rear wont fit. someone on here has a black ep with the sideskirts and the wing. i believe thats what fits.

dustinhurley
09-12-2002, 11:16 AM
do we know for absolute sure the front and back lips wont fit? I've seen the pics of the bumpers and such, but you never know. Why would companies sell the JDM stuff?

JayDMep
09-12-2002, 11:20 AM
ya ultramania bought the jdm kit and the frony and rear lips do not fit they are too short in width.

iHeartOxycotin
09-12-2002, 11:24 AM
erebuni sells the Type-R kit, does that one fit? seems like it should if its not JDM and just a copy. :confused:

dustinhurley
09-12-2002, 07:09 PM
OK, I didn't know someone had actually purchased the parts. Now I know. And, I will never ever buy an Erebuni product.

Suk02Si
09-24-2002, 03:15 AM
the Erebuni bumper lips wont work. I talked to a guy, he said it was actually made for the jdm ep, which is pretty stupid. He claims the sides will fit, but who knows.

02SilverSiHB
09-24-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
the Erebuni bumper lips wont work. I talked to a guy, he said it was actually made for the jdm ep, which is pretty stupid. He claims the sides will fit, but who knows.
yeah, why would they make them for the jdm ones? that's stupid.

JaYdEeEm
09-25-2002, 08:19 PM
i thnk the only way these lips would fit ..is if they were to sell the Whole CTR front bumper with or w/o the lip and same goes for the rear bumper...

HighRev-thug
09-30-2002, 08:04 AM
Is the only problem thet they not wide enogh. i can buy the kit for a Si'02 make it fit 100% ,then make fiberglass copies for you guys
But i will need a group buy or something on this i wont waste my time just to sell 1-2.
Let me know